#4)New Skills

#4)New Skills

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

New skills are another important part to rewarding players. They offer new playstyles so that old content can be played like new again. They keep PvP interesting by putting in new ways to handle situations. Most importantly, they’re rewarding.

How you unlock the skills is important. Don’t just say spend 25 skill points. Again, like many other things, tie it to an event. This could be a single event or event chain. The players must complete this. After they do this they can then buy the skill with skillpoints in the menu. This adds a lot to the overall skill progression. One akin to gw1 in terms of how you hunted things down and killed them to get their skills. How satisfying it was. I’d recommend putting these type of things inside the most dead zones, starting with southsun.

#4)New Skills

in Suggestions

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

no please dont force me to do pve events so i can get my skill for wvw! or make the skill at least unlockable through wvw and spvp aswell.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

#4)New Skills

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vexander.9850

Vexander.9850

I started another thread for people to come up with Elite Skills for fun and as suggestions for implementations.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/For-Fun-Design-an-Elite-Skill/first#post3326965

I like your idea to be honest. I think it’d make the Elite Skills much more interesting if you could acquire them as part of, say, an Optional Side-Quest in your Personal Story. Take the suggested Elite Skill, ‘Tome of Lord Odran.’ As an Elementalist, it’d be pretty awesome if you went on a quest around Tyria to obtain the location of it. Seek out clues in Orr, in the libraries of Divinty’s Reach or the Durmand Priory, etc…

#4)New Skills

in Suggestions

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

We have a perfectly good system in game now for acquiring skills. I think your idea is a bad one. You falsely assume we want to be pulled away from our game play to unlock a skill simply because you feel it would be fun. I disagree.

I can earn skill point to buy skills. And having already done things to earn the skill point, I no longer have to do things for them. I do not have to quest for every skill and I like that.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

#4)New Skills

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

We have a perfectly good system in game now for acquiring skills. I think your idea is a bad one. You falsely assume we want to be pulled away from our game play to unlock a skill simply because you feel it would be fun. I disagree.

I can earn skill point to buy skills. And having already done things to earn the skill point, I no longer have to do things for them. I do not have to quest for every skill and I like that.

I think my system would still be an interesting concept, however I do also think WvWers should have a way to unlock it themselves by utilizing things that only WvWers would have or things that they acquire while doing WvW. Badges of honor is one suggestion. Laurels too, however I dont know how hard it is for WvWers to complete their daily through just WvW.

Reason I dont like the skillpoint system is because they don’t have a lasting horizontal progression. For it to “last” you pretty much are required to be crafting stuff because if you dont then skillpoints just build up over time and before you know it you have an over abundance.

#4)New Skills

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vexander.9850

Vexander.9850

While I’m in agreement as far as Healing or Utility Skills go, I do think something of a Personal Story Side-Quest for an Elite Skill would have the potential to be quite fun. You could be a Thief seeking the Secrets of the Canthan Assassins, a Human Guardian delving in to the deepest mysteries of the Six Gods, an Asuran Mesmer plumbing the depths of the Eternal Alchemy, etc…

#4)New Skills

in Suggestions

Posted by: Requiem.8769

Requiem.8769

I think there could be a compromise. Keep all skills available at their current skillpoint prices, yet also have “discounts” for completion of certain quests, in association for certain skills (talk to the Heart NPC after, to trade for the skill).

#4)New Skills

in Suggestions

Posted by: Heta.8629

Heta.8629

no please dont force me to do pve events so i can get my skill for wvw! or make the skill at least unlockable through wvw and spvp aswell.

Skills are unlocked through skill points which are available through all game types come Dec 10th