5% Influence for 24h or 10% for PvP? Bad Deal

in Suggestions

Posted by: Beast.9516

Beast.9516

I don’t want to be in a mega-guild. I like to know my guildmates, hang with them in guild chat, talk to them on vent etc. I was in a mega-guild in GW and half the time I had the alliance and guild chat turned off because it was nothing but bickering and trolling. But now, because I choose to have a small guild with friends, we have to work extremely hard to get influence.
We created a boost for 5% influence, it cost 100 influence and took 16 hours to build. We got a grand total of about 15 influence from it.
We have a PvP banner and I’m waiting to organize everyone into a PvP night to hopefully break even.
This makes me think of double and triple faction weekends in GW. If we spend the time and influence to make these banners, shouldn’t they at least be able to help us break even? It will never happen in my guild, we just don’t have tons of people.

Beast [Beastess Isdottir][Meilikki Isdottir][Kaunista Illusio][Savant Bixxie]
Aspiring Brotherhood [PACT]
Fort Aspenwood

in Suggestions

Posted by: Illushia.3721

Illushia.3721

Don’t build them?

I know it sucks but my guild is essentially in the same boat. Those boosts are too expensive for not enough time, and will never be worth it unless we get a lot more people.

The Treesong Calling. Tarnished Coast RP.
http://treesongcalling.com/

in Suggestions

Beast.9516

No I won’t build them anymore, it was just a kinda shock because we didn’t do the math.

Fort Aspenwood

in Suggestions

Posted by: GADefence.5634

GADefence.5634

Our guild has around 15-20 active people – we gain around 1’000 to 3’000 influence a day, nearer 4 to 5 on the weekend. +5% on that is 50 per 1’000, so we usually come out ahead, especially on the weekend. Remember the +5% affects donations in. So if you active it and donate 5’000 influence worth of stuff into your guild at once, bonus 150 influence. (250 – 100 to rebuy the +5% influence bonus)

I don’t really see an issue – guilds are meant to be huge in size by design.

in Suggestions

Beast.9516

I was previously unaware that completing things with guildies awarded so much extra influence, they make sense now, they just won’t be particularly useful until we get a good number of people who like to play together.

Fort Aspenwood