A Exchange for tokens/currency

in Suggestions

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Extend the TP to include a Exchange.

In this Exchange any in game currency (except gold/gems) can be traded for any other currency. The exchange rate being determined by demand and supply.

So karma, badges of honour, glory, different dungeon tokens, fractal tokens etc…can all be traded between players.

This would fit with your commitment to allow players to play GW2 how they want too, rather then be ‘forced’ to do certain activities for the tokens/currency.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Reesha.7901

Reesha.7901

I like this idea

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rcox.4076

Rcox.4076

I thought this was going to be a bad idea, but I think it could work.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

such things are ment to be earned not bought .

in Suggestions

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

such things are ment to be earned not bought .

Well, everyone would still be earning such things but only doing parts of GW2 that they enjoy the most. If someone just can’t stand to do a particular part of GW2 and it is a BIG game they are left out in the cold atm.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

their loss if they don’t want to do the work .

in Suggestions

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’m generally in favor of leaving wealth transfers to Adam Smith’s unseen hand: I’d be happier with fewer account-bound restrictions. So I do like the idea of a currency exchange. I also like changes that allow people to focus on the types of things they enjoy them most.

However, I don’t support this suggestion as it is currently outlined.

The original idea was that only those people who are able/willing to return to a dungeon would be able to display those armor or weapon sets, e.g. if you can’t kill Lupi, you don’t get Orrian Armor or Dragon’s Deep weapons. This suggestion would leave the game with very few items that recognize personal achievements. And I think that’s a bad thing.

Current exceptions are limited to event-earned minis, ascended weapons, and fractal weapons (which are further limited by chance). I don’t include skins available from lotteries, i.e. skins bought with BL Tickets.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”