A Guild Wars 2 HoM

A Guild Wars 2 HoM

in Suggestions

Posted by: Keiran.1896

Keiran.1896

Remember HoM in Guild Wars 1?
For those who didn’t play GW1, HoM (Hall of Monuments) was an -addictive- end-game feature, a place to put our stuff and achievements, to increase a score or just have fun completing it.

There are so many armors sets and skins to get in Guild Wars 2, so many achievements to do… It would be awesome to collect them into a place like that in Guild Wars 2!

Just imagine yourself putting the dungeon or karma armor set you worked so hard to get, on a statue of yourself, starting a collection!
Or adding a statue of a norn holding a keg, rewarded to you for getting all Keg Brawls achievements! Then adding a Zhaitan statue for defeating him…
Then you would add a statue of the dungeon weapon that you have bought, or even a statue of the legendary Twilight!

There could be statues for everything! Achievements Points, Miniatures, Dungeons, Events, Jumping Puzzle, Personnal Story, Crafting…
Possibilities are endless!

I’m sure that it would be a great end-game feature for Guild Wars 2.
What do you, developpers and players, think about it?

A Guild Wars 2 HoM

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

I would like this. Would be great to have trophies like this in your home instance.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

A Guild Wars 2 HoM

in Suggestions

Posted by: elocke.7132

elocke.7132

Yeah, this is basically what Housing and Trophies are for. We could call it the Hall of Monuments, sure. I still want to make furniture and have a virtual “home” though. I also want to collect pets IN GAME and shoot me for saying this, I don’t care. Mounts. Always loved collecting them in other MMOs. I miss it in this one.

A Guild Wars 2 HoM

in Suggestions

Posted by: The Talcmaster.7391

The Talcmaster.7391

HOM was great, gave a great sense of accomplishment to see all those statues lining the walls. I think putting it in the home district would be great. After all, when towns in real life have current or former residents they’re proud of, they build statues and open museums dedicated to them.

Fort Aspenwood – [fury], [SAO], [NICE]
Fun on someone else’s schedule is not fun

A Guild Wars 2 HoM

in Suggestions

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I think this is one of the things they’re planning to do with home instances at some point down the line.

I remember them saying it would change to reflect your progress through the story and the choices you made, and although I don’t think they’ve said anything specific a place to display our achivements seems like a logical part of that.

Although I’m not sure about the giant statue. I think I’d feel weird seeing that every time I went in.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

A Guild Wars 2 HoM

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

I think a HoM would be great . I would put it somewhere in Orr though since its an end game thing anyway.

A Guild Wars 2 HoM

in Suggestions

Posted by: Keiran.1896

Keiran.1896

Account-bound weapons would also be great.

An example:
I want to collect all Mystic Weapons. All on my main, they would be useless.
But separated, it wouldn’t be a collection.

Well, I mean, Soulbound is just not clean for collections. And a collection must be clean.

A Guild Wars 2 HoM

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pandemoniac.4739

Pandemoniac.4739

I loved the HOM, even though I pretty much stunk at the actual game play in GW1. I still go look over my collection of minis from my 7 years of birthday presents every once in a while. Maybe we’ll get display cases in our home instance.

I wouldn’t mind commissioning some sculptures from Eir to commemorate some of the more memorable moments. A monument for Tybalt would be nice.

Don’t ever think you know what’s right for the other person.
He might start thinking he knows what’s right for you.
—Paul Williams