A In-game Macro option.

A In-game Macro option.

in Suggestions

Posted by: GustavoM.7605

GustavoM.7605

I know that Guild Wars 2 has a casual approach and Is intended to simplify things, but… please.

A In-game Macro option.

in Suggestions

Posted by: BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

Lol? You want to make botting EASIER?

A In-game Macro option.

in Suggestions

Posted by: kateuk.7538

kateuk.7538

Noooooo…..no macros, PLEASE! This game isn’t World of Warcraft, full of kids using addons and macros to do everything instead of actually playing (or thinking).

A In-game Macro option.

in Suggestions

Posted by: robinsiebler.3801

robinsiebler.3801

I have repeatedly asked for this option and it would not make botting any easier at all. Theoretically, it would make spamming easier, if I were the foolish type of player who let my account be hacked, but that is all.

Text macros that would let me chain together emotes and other text would be very helpful for RP and other things such as sending all of my friends a greeting or other message or easily repeating text that I constantly type anyway.

This message was brought to you by a Kitten with a Keyboard

A In-game Macro option.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hateborne.7942

Hateborne.7942

Text only, no command/hotkey macro’ing could be useful.

It would make it easier for some one to set up a pull macro (GIVE ME MY %T BACK!). Otherwise, I could not see a need for it. With a whole 10 buttons, the only reason one could justify macros is FOR text macros.

-Hate

A In-game Macro option.

in Suggestions

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

^or if they’re an engineer.

A In-game Macro option.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

I cannot tell if OP is serious or not.
Calling the game casual and simplified, but ask to make it even more so by adding macro.

A In-game Macro option.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jazneo.8213

Jazneo.8213

there not point for Marco you only get 10 keys

A In-game Macro option.

in Suggestions

Posted by: robinsiebler.3801

robinsiebler.3801

You don’t need keys. If they implement macros, they should also implement aliases. So I could type /_sit_bar (or however they chose to implement it) and it would execute the following:
/sit
/em Synsous sits on the edge of the bar.

This message was brought to you by a Kitten with a Keyboard

A In-game Macro option.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

“Macro” s a broad term, and different players from different games use it in different ways.

The main two types of macros are text macros (also called aliases in some environments) and command macros.
Text macros are ok, since they only affect chat. They allow things like quick /me commands or fast typing some emotes with a single key.

Command macros are not ok, since they automatize gameplay and give advantages to those who use them.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!