A Request for a "Ding!"

A Request for a "Ding!"

in Suggestions

Posted by: Justin.7163

Justin.7163

Yay for random titles!

But it actually is relevant. What I’m getting at is that it’d be nice if there were some sort of sound effect to let you know when someone either whispers you or invites you to a party as sometimes I’m too concentrated on something to notice and I end up ignoring someone unintionally. I know GW 1 had a nice little “ding” sound when someon pm’s you and I thought it’d be nice to have one here as well.

A Request for a "Ding!"

in Suggestions

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I am almost sure there is a whisper sound alert- it is subtle but it is there.
In the beginning I missed it completely and ended up ignoring quite a few people.
May be a little light in the chat panel that blinks to alert you of a message could be helpful?
Maybe not, that would just be annoying

Gunnar’s Hold

A Request for a "Ding!"

in Suggestions

Posted by: alfista.6094

alfista.6094

You can try making a chat tab for whispers and such. It’s not an ideal solution but it can help.

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

A Request for a "Ding!"

in Suggestions

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

I’d be in favor of this, only if it was something that could be disabled. I don’t really want an IM ding breaking my immersion any further than the existing stuff does.

A Request for a "Ding!"

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fasalina.6571

Fasalina.6571

There actually is a small light, a small 1 second flash to be exact. Alas , if I am in a dungeon, all the other particle effects get my attention.

I too agree that this should be included, a stronger sound and/or a permanent weak flash could do the work

A Request for a "Ding!"

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

There is a whisper sound alert. It’s faint, and can’t be heard over any other noise if you are playing.

A Request for a "Ding!"

in Suggestions

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

there is sound for whisper but no sound for pt invite. i would like to have one. it can be the same sound i dnt care. this way when i put lfg i can minimize the game and do something else and still hear when i get pt invite.

A Request for a "Ding!"

in Suggestions

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

/sign this as well. I know there is a sound, and maybe they made it quiet because people said it was too loud in GW1. But now it is too quiet, so maybe give it a slider in Options.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

A Request for a "Ding!"

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eviscera.9703

Eviscera.9703

I’ve missed alot of party invites & whispers etc. So i agree with this.

A Request for a "Ding!"

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amos.8760

Amos.8760

I’d be in favor of this, only if it was something that could be disabled. I don’t really want an IM ding breaking my immersion any further than the existing stuff does.

It would obviously be optional.

My turret is so much better at this game than I am.

A Request for a "Ding!"

in Suggestions

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

There is a sound for party invites too, and its also very faint.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

A Request for a "Ding!"

in Suggestions

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I’d love this cuz I alt tab a lot and do other things often when I’m playing, I did it in GW1 a lot also, but in GW1 I could hear when someone PM’d me. If I’m lfg.com-ing in GW2 I have to keep tabbing back periodicity to see if any invites for those times when I rather do something else while I wait.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.