A Roleplayers Suggestions.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Michikyou.9617

Michikyou.9617

Hello all, I am Meena Nox [Or Gin Hotaru] from Tarnished Coast server, the unofficial roleplay server of GW2.

Now, I am not generally one to complain or bring up a fuss, so I have started a thread on a few suggestions I have received from players who role play to help with game immersion. I feel as if I am arrogant by saying, But roleplayers pay much more attention to lore, events and such things. As they effect our characters, not just our level; So I would love Anet to look this over at least once.

Firstly..

‘Looking’ Animations
I am talking about your character looking down, up, around, at someone else . Such as if I play an Asura, I expect that; like in combat stance, she will crane her head upwards to look at the taller races. Whereas in passive/idle stance she does not do this. It seems that the only race with this scaling animation is Human Male. Most races tend to do this while Moving, but not while being idle and talking.

Transaction from Sit —> Laying down, or Laying down --> Sitting
I personally feel that there should be an inbetween emotive action. One that shows icly. It is rather awkward to have a character sit, then stand suddenly to lie down… and vice versa. Also a /Standup emote would help, where your character naturally progressively stands up.

Suggestions for Emotes
/sigh – Your charatcer sighs, shoulder drops and you shake your head.
/shy or /blush – your character blushes and acts appropriately.
/kiss – blow a kiss at someone.
/fidget – you fidget about.

(edited by Moderator)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aegrotat.4357

Aegrotat.4357

Nothing more than yes, can I say to this post. Love it~

in Suggestions

Michikyou.9617

I will also have to say, there are HUNDREDS of chairs around the place, in taverns and such. May we please get an option, like in WoW and other MMO’s..to [f] sit in them?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

Yeah, I’m not particularly a role player but emotes are very limited, and sitting would be a nice option.

One I liked in GW1 was “bored” (Female Ranger).

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adamixos.6785

Adamixos.6785

I can only support these suggestions. I especially would like to sit in chairs. ^^

in Suggestions

Posted by: PeriasGift.4680

PeriasGift.4680

Of course these are all seconded! A flex would be nice for a specific norn I have in mind as well.

in Suggestions

Posted by: robinsiebler.3801

robinsiebler.3801

Hi, Gin! I recognize ?you?! I totally agree, but I have taken a different approach – when I talk to an Asura, I make it a point to sit down and I encourage others to do so as well. When I talk to a Norn, I ask them to sit down. Why should someone have to break their neck to talk to someone else?

There should definitely be transition animations and I wish they would fix the cry animation so it ended naturally. I stopped using it because it felt too wrong to have to move to break and suddenly No More Tears!

This message was brought to you by a Kitten Who Role Plays

in Suggestions

Michikyou.9617

Oh good idea, I also feel one should be able to cr when kneeling/sitting. as if crying in a more upset state.
Maybe if Asura’s had a stepping stool.

in Suggestions

Posted by: robinsiebler.3801

robinsiebler.3801

lol…that would be funny! I would love to see that! I will actually stand on the bar sometimes to talk to a Norn. It gives the bartender something to yell about. :p

Feh! The forum isn’t displaying my music notes now. That was for you Gin, so you would recognize me. It is I, Synsuous. :p

This message was brought to you by a Kitten with a Keyboard

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lorrik.6503

Lorrik.6503

Agree with all of these. Would help alot.