A Way to hinder Gold Sellers

in Suggestions

Posted by: krustykritters.3768

krustykritters.3768

Is it possible to add the gold selling website names to a filter list, similar to the profanity filter? Most people have the profanity filter turned off so it would have to be a seperate filter but would work just like the profanity filter. Set it up, add all the known websites and when they change domain names, add those as well. Can leave the www and the .com but filter out the important part … I’m sure they would find a way around it, but it would hamper them considerably. When they start adding hyphens between letters or spaces, add those as well to the list to make the site names illegible when they try to spam.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mockingbird.7324

Mockingbird.7324

Hehe I would like to see that lol :)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Luisedgm.2375

Luisedgm.2375

Also banning the word “powerleveling” or “buy gold” when used together

in Suggestions

Posted by: King Arthur.3689

King Arthur.3689

I’d say let them sell their gold and powerleveling. All we need to do is report them for gold selling. And voila, easiest $60 donation to ArenaNet to make future content. And they keep “donating” to the game, so I guess we owe them quite a lot.

.:: Arthur Pendragonn ::.
.:: Kingdom of Camelot ::. [CMLT] – Dragonbrand
~ Justice, Hope, Freedom ~

in Suggestions

Posted by: Luisedgm.2375

Luisedgm.2375

Without gold sellers we would have:

less farmers and bots
less hacked accounts
less flaws being exploited which the “fixes” screws up everyone (dungeon diminish returns anyone?)
less mailbox spam
we would actually be able to read the lion’s arch chat

in Suggestions

Posted by: DomShia.2136

DomShia.2136

As long as there are people buying what the gold sellers offer, there will always be gold sellers and the likes. They will find a way :l Supply and demand.
A permanent solution would probably be impossible but as long as the playerbase help report, A-net can keep the ban-hammer in motion and work with detecting exploits, it will be fine.

Also I like to see it like King Arthur said it. every ban is a $60 donation for A-net

in Suggestions

Posted by: Drake Brimstone.3706

Drake Brimstone.3706

The problem with that is they arn’t always paying $60 for a new account, they are also hacking accounts which is also one of their sources of gold they sell. This is one reason I love what Anet has done to improve everyone’s account security.

They best thing Anet can do right now IMO is to adjust the economy so the cost of gold via buying Gems officialy and exchanging them is at least close to or lower then the price gold sellers can make a profit at, thus everyone will go through the official method wich is safe and not a bannable offence.

As for Power Leveling, well the idiots who pay for that will never learn. Power Leveling is just cheating yourself out of learning how to play your own class as you gain abilities. It doesn’t take that long to level to 80, I’m already level 70 atm and I don’t play all that much.

in Suggestions

Posted by: OneEightHundred.5689

OneEightHundred.5689

This doesn’t really work because it means they have to dedicate a staffer just to figure out which filter variation the spammers are using lately. Eventually they’ll just start spamming on multiple lines, spelling the server name out vertically, then what?

The most effective solution I’ve seen is just automatically muting players if they’re reported a large number of times for gold spamming, and infracting players if they abuse that feature.