A Whip for a weapon choice

in Suggestions

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

The mechanics for a whip are already in use (Nightmare Court mobs with vines and pick up weps) but it would be a unique weapon choice. This was something I have actually wanted to see for a few years now. It’s a weapon I could see a mesmer, elementalist, thief, or engineer use. I can only comment on how a mesmer can use it since it’s the class I’m most familiar with.
(both hand use)

#1: 1st hit does dmg, 2nd hit has a CHANCE to inflict blind, cripple, or bleed, 3rd hit higher dmg. (Just one of those conditions not all.)

#2: Creates a clone

#3: Creates a phantasm that works similarly like phantasmal warden

#4: Inflicts bleeding

#5: Creates a line that when crossed grants you speed and blinds opponents

Either Hand:

Main
#1: 1st hit does dmg, 2nd hit has a CHANCE to inflict blind or cripple (not both just one or the other), 3rd hit higher dmg.

#2: Grants Distortion (2 sec) AOE dmg (yea like blurred frenzy, not too creative XoP).

#3: A hit that dmgs and blinds a foe and ends by creating a clone. (I think this is kinda neat as when blind is inflicted once it wears off probably the first thing they’ll see is your clone and they probably will attack it.)

Offhand
#4: Deals dmg and cripples foe.

#5: something similar to Phantasmal warden (can’t think of anything better offhand ( no pun intended)). =^P

These are merely ideas they could be too OP or not enough Idk so take them with a grain of salt.

As I said earlier Mesmer is the only class i’m most familiar with. But the idea of a whip as a weapon of choice is a pretty viable one in my opinion and would bring more interest in the class that someone would want to play. The mechanics are already in place. It just needs to be spec’d out for each class that could use it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Grimm.8236

Grimm.8236

It’s a unique weapon choice, but doesn’t fit any other classes well at all.

in Suggestions

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

How so? I could see a thief using it as an either hand wep. using it as a weapon for blinds and distortions and even an entanglement that acts like a stun leaving the thief to jump in and do major dmg. An elementalist could use it easily for each element (would be interesting to see the effects of each element on the whip) could do decent melee aoe dmgs and heals. Would be a nice change of pace for an engineer to have a melee defese/weapon to go with their shield for survivability being able to reflect projectiles and cause distortions as well as aoe dmg (it’s not likely on an engineer but still doable). I can see guardians/warriors using it for crippling effects on #1 2nd atk 1st & 3rd being dmg and having pulls as well. Rangers and Necros are the only classes I can’t see ideally using it. But I’ve never played either of those classes so suggestions are welcome.

And, once again, the mechanics are already there so why not put it to use?