A couple of small suggestions

in Suggestions

Posted by: Newts.4608

Newts.4608

Just little things that I have always liked in other MMO’s.

The ability to “inspect” other players, I always like to see what others are running around in, especially as a casual myself it’s interesting to see some of the better gear available (that I will never get!)

Being able to show your own nameplate above your character. I have always liked to see the name of my own Toon and it would be nice if you could toggle this option on or off.

Just a couple of small ones!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

would like both
… though i do see ‘gearscore’ opposition to ‘inspecting’ "/

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

in Suggestions

Posted by: otherdeadangel.6354

otherdeadangel.6354

Nooo !!!! not a gearscore..

In wow, when it came to pve.. it was only about gearscore and not the player or the one piece of blue he/she had..

If the player was sometimes only 1-10 points under the needed gearscore.. they would not get invited and get replaced with a full epiced player who sometimes did not even have the right enchants and gems

Same goes for the Item level…

It removes the thing that the player making a group for a pve event or raid..
will not look at the gear.. and only number..

I really hate the concept of that..

in Suggestions

Posted by: Newts.4608

Newts.4608

I didn’t say gearscore, just the option to inspect one another’s gear. It is merely curiousty from my side and nothing to do with entry, or lack of, into dungeons etc.

I suppose I can see what you mean to an extent that allowing gear inspect may well lead to “full epic only blah blahh” stuff but that’s not whats being asked for.

in Suggestions

Posted by: SkyCakeLight.3750

SkyCakeLight.3750

I would really love this option if when you inspected a player, it didn’t show stats on the armor. That would help to prevent elitist from not allowing players run a dungeon based on gear. If it just showed the armor their wearing (without stats), and let me preview it on my own character, I would be happy with it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

Fortunately gw2 it’s not an equip based game… i like that i can see how they look but not how they are effective… and i like to ask people for information when i am curious, someone always answers to my equip question in map chat… unless of course you happen to ask to “my build and my sets are the best and secret” person

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

in Suggestions

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Definitely no inspecting unless we can manually turn off anyone from seeing our stuff!
Absolutely not. Been in too many games now where people abused that to the point the devs had to completely remove it from the games in question.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

I didn’t say gearscore, just the option to inspect one another’s gear. It is merely curiousty from my side and nothing to do with entry, or lack of, into dungeons etc.

I suppose I can see what you mean to an extent that allowing gear inspect may well lead to “full epic only blah blahh” stuff but that’s not whats being asked for.

sadly the few times ive heard an inspect feature mentioned in map chat it was always followed by complaints about gearscore "/

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]