A few ideas

A few ideas

in Suggestions

Posted by: Polishpk.2985

Polishpk.2985

Hi, I’m an elementalist from Maguuma and I’ve played for a few months now. Here are some vague suggestions.

> Improved group finding mechanics to give more incentive to get players into groups in Pve maps. The current LFG system is missing a few touch-ups and I find myself soloing explorable zones much too often.

> Capital cities don’t get enough action. Give incentives to have populations of players on all maps even though I point out cities here.

> Trade/inspect/duel any other players in any location.

> Send screenshots via mail option and view via mail as well.

> An acquirable miniature slot and auto-summon toggle.

> Home instance is not used enough, throw some incentives in there, perhaps make it customizable.

+New Ideas 12/30/13

> Retraiting: Pay to create a preset build option which stay as an option when you ask to retrait

> Weapon sets key bindings. Eg. Elementalist needs this.

> Asuran Racial traits increased uptime. 40s is way too short. The cooldown is way too long. Mistfire wolf needs like kitten uptime at least and less than 2 minutes cooldown.

> AI on mobs must be reworked asap.

thanks for your time

IGN: Polish P K Profession: Elementalist World: Maguuma
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/A-few-ideas-3/first#post3433815

(edited by Polishpk.2985)

A few ideas

in Suggestions

Posted by: yurdun.2501

yurdun.2501

> Improved group finding mechanics
&
> Trade/inspect/duel any other players in any location.

I agree it would be nice to see this. I hear too many people saying “inspect” is bad because it makes people not want to play with you if you’re not on par. But why is this a bad thing? We all play a certain way and to always punish the people that are the hardcore players is so dumb. I’m sure the casual players that don’t want to work as hard to get the best gear have people just like them they can play with. Of course this isn’t the only thing, I often times see a player that I want to know what gear they have on because it looks “cool” and I whisper but get no response why cant we just right click on their info “inspect” and see everything they have. This would also give newer less experienced players a way to learn how to properly build their characters for certain play styles. If this is a game, we should be enjoying it, the way we consider it fun. I consider fun, getting the best gear playing with top players and doing quick runs, time is gold! Others want to take it easy and go slow and kill every hidden monster in the dungeons, I’m sure there are others too that want to do the same. Giving us options in game only makes it more enjoyable and less irritating for everyone.

> Send screenshots via mail option and view via mail as well.

Or even better and in addition to ^^, Share “Preview” Window… How cool would it be to be able to preview a friends character while hes manipulating it (with total makeover or changing dyes). I always resort to taking a screenshot of the new look, snipping it, sending it via a messenger program and then asking his opinions. Way too much work.

A few ideas

in Suggestions

Polishpk.2985

Preview window is just going halfway. I still think they should go the whole nine yards and setup a view player or inspect player for their achievements and armor.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/A-few-ideas-3/first#post3433815

A few ideas

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

Preview window is just going halfway. I still think they should go the whole nine yards and setup a view player or inspect player for their achievements and armor.

Why? What possible use would it have except to give ammunition to incompetent elitists who need an all-zerker setup to carry them through a dungeon run?

Achievements mean absolutely nothing. You could’ve played the game every day for over a year and racked up 10,000 achievement points, but it doesn’t mean you are a competent player who has a clue what they’re doing.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

A few ideas

in Suggestions

Polishpk.2985

Ok, maybe it isn’t necessary and I see your point. I don’t want them to copy WoW either. So maybe it could be togglable so you could let people view if you feel like it.

A few ideas

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

Ok, maybe it isn’t necessary and I see your point. I don’t want them to copy WoW either. So maybe it could be togglable so you could let people view if you feel like it.

The problem there is that the elitists will demand you enable it if you have the misfortune to join their party. They seem to forget that this is a game about skill, not gear: You could have the highest-specced zerker gear available in the game, but if you don’t know anything about boons, conditions and counters, then you may as well be a level 1 noob in a very expensive suit.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

A few ideas

in Suggestions

Polishpk.2985

I feel bad, those elitists must be everywhere!