A few words about dailies.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bandersnatch.7983

Bandersnatch.7983

Hello.
I’d like to suggest to make less number of daily quests for the achievement. I have not much time for the game and got probems with completing tasks. They are not too difficult but take too much time. I’m playing since August, 25 and got only about 60 mystic coins and 2 (two) laurels. Monthly achievement I made 1 time at all.

I would be happy if the developers have listened to those who have a life outside the game.

(edited by Bandersnatch.7983)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

Doing dailies takes about 30-40 min at maximum in Queensdale for example. You could wake up 30 min earlier and do them and then start the life outside of the game.
They can’t do the dailies more easier then this except giving laurels for just logging in

in Suggestions

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

They can’t do the dailies more easier then this except giving laurels for just logging in

On one hand that would be pretty convenient, on the other hand I guess it kinda devalues the whole laurels thing :P

in Suggestions

Bandersnatch.7983

Laurels and all that stuff, that I can buy for them is a reward for playing. I’m playing. But please don’t force me to play longer that I can! I’m doing fractals, going into dungeons with my friends, sometime making jump puzzles or going on WvW. What else? I like that things for laurels but why I must [censored] myself for that?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

Isn’t that the the laurel vendor daily?

in Suggestions

Ronah.2869

Laurels and all that stuff, that I can buy for them is a reward for playing. I’m playing. But please don’t force me to play longer that I can! I’m doing fractals, going into dungeons with my friends, sometime making jump puzzles or going on WvW. What else? I like that things for laurels but why I must [censored] myself for that?

I don’t do dungeons, I don’t care about them so I just do the dailies for 30 min. I won’t get the monthly for February because of those dungeons. Who cares?. You can get dailies in dungeons too: dodging, healing. Kills, etc. You might not get them everyday doing the dungeons, but still it is optional. Laurels are meant to be earned in time and not all in one day or month.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

I assume you mean the Laurel items cause Laurels HAVE to be earned in a day/month as they are a reward for dailies/monthies

in Suggestions

Bandersnatch.7983

This is one of the solutions:
2 daily quests – a pot of karma
3 daily quests – mystic coin
4 daily quests – 1 laurel
This is better than stay with empty pockets…

in Suggestions

Ronah.2869

This is one of the solutions:
2 daily quests – a pot of karma
3 daily quests – mystic coin
4 daily quests – 1 laurel
This is better than stay with empty pockets…

I agree with this especially if added for the monthlies too. I have never done a monthly in full due to some things I don’t Ike to do

in Suggestions

Posted by: LyricDawnhagen.7803

LyricDawnhagen.7803

Hang on 10 more days (till 2/26). That is when the next phase of the Daily/Monthly/Achievement system will be put in place. ArenaNet has already said that you will have a group of tasks to pick from. There is a minimum number needed but you will not have to do them all. Something like do 5 of these 9 tasks to finish the daily. So you can pick the ones that are easiest for you to do.

And for those of us that enjoy pushing the envelope, you can do more than the minimum required for the daily and you will get bonus rewards. But the extra stuff is optional.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Spencer.1386

Spencer.1386

I don’t like the current implemation of the daily achievment and laurels. Guild Wars 2 was a game that I didn’t feel like I had to log into every day. I could play when I wanted for as little or as long as I wanted. Now I feel required to log in every day to finish the daily achievment. Every day that I miss the achievment I miss out on a laurel which puts me one day farther from top stat gear. I often only have a limited amount of time in the day to play video games and it’s upsetting that in this “grindless game” I find myself grinding a daily every single day in order to keep up with gear in this game where “you dont have to grind for gear”. If Arena.net wants to implement currency like laurels they should learn from Blizzards implementation of the model. Blizzard gives you the entire week to grind your 7 days worth of dungeon points. You can do it all in one day or spread it out as you see fit. I just don’t want to be forced to log in every day to grind for top stat gear in my grindless mmo where you don’t have to grind for gear.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

in Suggestions

Ronah.2869

I don’t like the current implemation of the daily achievment and laurels. Guild Wars 2 was a game that I didn’t feel like I had to log into every day. […]I just don’t want to be forced to log in every day to grind for top stat gear in my grindless mmo where you don’t have to grind for gear.

Very good observation. No matter what people need the laurels for – gears, mini-pets, etc – it is just that if you can’t / don’t care / don’t have the mood / to do the monthlies, than you are really missing out 1 laurel / day
Some one that does only the dailies ( 30 min) in a month has 30 / 31 laurels while someone who could come only for 10 days has only 10 laurels even he played 15 h / day
The less you have time, the less things you can buy.
It is not the same as with the money. You could earn big money if you know what to do ot even spend your real money on gems.
The karma jars are ok tho, because you don’t have too many interesting things to buy with karma unless you are on for the looks. Besides, while you can get there with the characters, it still earns karma on its own.

So, make these laurels be earned in a different way. If we still need to grind, make it so we grind specific foes with specific weapons in certain zones. This way people will need to play more varied things if they want laurels.
Make dailies earn 1 gold as reward and that would be enough to make people do the dailies

(edited by Ronah.2869)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

Very good observation. No matter what people need the laurels for – gears, mini-pets, etc – it is just that if you can’t / don’t care / don’t have the mood / to do the monthlies, than you are really missing out 1 laurel / day

Um, there’s only one thing that you can argue that you “need” from Laurels and that’s the Ascended stuff. Everything else is available from somewhere else or does not give you a gameplay advantage.

And I doubt we need to go into a discussion about how people who play less have less need for better gear.

Some one that does only the dailies ( 30 min) in a month has 30 / 31 laurels while someone who could come only for 10 days has only 10 laurels even he played 15 h / day
The less you have time, the less things you can buy.
It is not the same as with the money. You could earn big money if you know what to do ot even spend your real money on gems.

It is the same. The less you play, the less you get. The only exceptions to this are playing the TP and buying Gems. And cash should never be a shortcut in a game. The TP is an alternative that does come with some negatives, but overall the TP players have a positive effect on the game.

The karma jars are ok tho, because you don’t have too many interesting things to buy with karma unless you are on for the looks.

So earning Karma is cool… because you, personally, don’t need it. Nice fallacy there.

So, make these laurels be earned in a different way. If we still need to grind, make it so we grind specific foes with specific weapons in certain zones. This way people will need to play more varied things if they want laurels.

How about this: every single day, you get a chance to get an extra Laurel, but to do it you have to kill 1,000 Giants within 24 hours and you have to do it using an Eternity?

in Suggestions

Ronah.2869

Um, there’s only one thing that you can argue that you “need” from Laurels and that’s the Ascended stuff. Everything else is available from somewhere else or does not give you a gameplay advantage.

And I doubt we need to go into a discussion about how people who play less have less need for better gear.

It is the same. The less you play, the less you get. The only exceptions to this are playing the TP and buying Gems. And cash should never be a shortcut in a game. The TP is an alternative that does come with some negatives, but overall the TP players have a positive effect on the game.

So earning Karma is cool… because you, personally, don’t need it. Nice fallacy there.

How about this: every single day, you get a chance to get an extra Laurel, but to do it you have to kill 1,000 Giants within 24 hours and you have to do it using an Eternity?

Can you tell what game play advantages you get from karma so you that is only me who doesn’t need it and the only advantage you get from laurels are only the ascended gear?
Also, 30 days of 30 min = 15 h while 10 days of 15h = 150 h
So a player with 150 h of play gets 10 laurels while another player with 15h of play gets 30 laurels. How fair is that?
As long as you can exchange gems for in-game gold, there will always be people spending all their salary, allowance on gems for that so you can’t blame the players but A-Net for this.
and this “people who play less have less need for better gear” is something you personally think its true.

(edited by Ronah.2869)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

Can you tell what game play advantages you get from karma so you that is only me who doesn’t need it and the only advantage you get from laurels are only the ascended gear?

There are cooking ingredients you can only get with Karma. There’s exotic armor and accessories you can get with Karma. And with the Lost Orrian Jewelry Box, you can now convert Karma to gold.

Also, 30 days of 30 min = 15 h while 10 days of 15h = 150 h
So a player with 150 h of play gets 10 laurels while another player with 15h of play gets 30 laurels. How fair is that?

It is fair. It gives a huge boost to people who can only play a little.

and this “people who play less have less need for better gear” is something you personally think its true.

No, it’s actually true. If you play less, you by definition have more important things to do in life.

in Suggestions

Ronah.2869

No, it’s actually true. If you play less, you by definition have more important things to do in life.

If you play less,. by definition you have less time to play not necesarrely more important things to do. The rich people or school kids can play 15h in a day because the money come to them without a time consuming activity.
If you have to work +10 h in a day (traveling to work included) it doesn’t mean you have more important things to do, you just need an activity which give you the opportunity to live. So in the weekends, you can play 15h in day to satisfy your hobby, but this doesn’t imply you need to be worse geared then the rest.
You see, the definition of what is important and what represents the basic needs are pretty confusing to many people. We live in a society where the master-slave relation became employer-employee.

And giving huge boosts to people who play little compared to those who are dedicated fans it is just stupid. Instead of developing the interests of their fans, A-net is just giving the best cookies to the casual players.
Either give cookies to all or don’t give any to anyone. This would be fair.

(edited by Ronah.2869)