A new race for tyria/other place

in Suggestions

Posted by: Draco.9480

Draco.9480

There are 5 races in tyria and I think the race selection is too limited. I think you have to add another race, a lizard man named something with serpent. I’ve drew the basic look of it. An ancient race among the dinosaurs which was intelligent like humans but way stronger abilities. They should be in a new place where are dinosaurs located with jungles, hills, volcanos and rivers. It will be an option for people with different taste.

Having a human and another tall human isn’t much of selection, also having 1 midget alien, 1 lion-man and 1 plant-man aren’t wide options. That’s why I want you ArenaNet to make a new option which will be wider selection for people to enjoy different species. I hope you’ll accept it for the game and make a huge patch for it. Also would be nice if you’d make a new proffesion something called Death Knight or Dark Knight which uses some undead/demon/shadow/dark skills using heavy armor, just an idea :P

The picture of the new race I drew myself:
http://up368.siz.co.il/up3/mgijzi5mwjyw.jpg

Attachments:

in Suggestions

Draco.9480

no comments???

in Suggestions

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

Being that there will probably be new expansions, I imagine new things would be added maybe even races.
Looks like a charr with an alligator face.
I don’t see this as a new race. At least I wouldn’t play it.
I quite like my “plant woman” and “Lion-woman” lol
We have necros for the darkness even though light armored- they can be pretty durable if played right.

in Suggestions

Draco.9480

how does it look like a charr, it’s a humanoid alligator.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

Alright first off. Not a bad drawing
I do not think that exact race will fit as such… perhaps naga would be better for a reptilian race as they already are in the world of Tyria (just not where we see them). Problem with naga though is that they are indeed serpentine (no legs) which could prove problematic with armor I think.

I am pretty sure more races will come… eventually. Just wait for an expansion. Personally I think tengu is the most likely first candidate.

I don’t see what is wrong with the races we got anyway, I think they are reasonably diverse and really like them. I love my plants, cats and aliens

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Robin Skyshroud.1863

Robin Skyshroud.1863

In Guild Wars 1, Rata Sum had a lot of veloci-prey type creatures including dinosaurs. Considering that there are Naga, quaggan, and frog creatures, I dont think this new race will pass.

What I would like to see as a new race are those dark ocean creatures that are humanoid and sting ray looking. I cant remember what they are called but you run into them as skill challenge, and sometime in the storyline.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I am tired of humanoid animals. please do something original.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bron.9647

Bron.9647

What I would like to see as a new race are those dark ocean creatures that are humanoid and sting ray looking. I cant remember what they are called but you run into them as skill challenge, and sometime in the storyline.

Largos, which are very neat looking but need a lot of work to be made playable. There needs to be more variety in the models and more lore developed about them. Plus, the underwater combat system needs a lot of work (assuming they are going to be starting in a primarily underwater zone); there need to be more weapons and skills that can be used underwater. However, I think they would also make an awesome NPC race. Depending on how the lore for them is developed, I am holding out on my opinion of whether they should be made playable and am currently neutral on this topic.

I am tired of humanoid animals. please do something original.

Then play an Asura. Besides, the only actual humanoid-animal playable race is Charr. Norn can shapeshift into half-man, half-animal forms and Sylvari are plant-people (which is actually very original), but neither is animal-like.

Personally, I would really like to play a Tengu. I would most definitely remake my ranger into a Tengu if it became a playable race! However, I think Kodan and Largos have a lot of potential to become awesome playable races, as well.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Robin Skyshroud.1863

Robin Skyshroud.1863

@ Bron.9647

Yea! Largos, thanks! Those guys would be fun, and Tengu was my dream to play as in Guild Wars 1. haha

in Suggestions

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

I think that would be pretty weird to have a reptile race randomly introduced as playable when there are already races that seem like they are intended to become playable (Tengu (they even have a home city right next to Lions), Kodan (they released tonnes of lore about them pre release) and possibly Largos)

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

in Suggestions

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

I firmly believe, due to all the hints dropped in game, that Jormag will be the next expansion. In light of this, it seems that Kodan are likely to be the first expansion race if any will be happenning.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bron.9647

Bron.9647

I firmly believe, due to all the hints dropped in game, that Jormag will be the next expansion. In light of this, it seems that Kodan are likely to be the first expansion race if any will be happening.

I disagree…regardless of which dragon is introduced next, Tengu are already practically set up to be a playable race and will likely be the next one introduced. The location of their main city is already decided to be between Lion’s Arch and The Grove, they have at least a little bit of model variety (though I wouldn’t mind seeing a little more, maybe different feather patterns/colors, beak shapes, and crests), and a decent amount of lore (though I wouldn’t mind seeing this a bit more developed as well). Kodan on the other-hand have a bit of lore, but not much else. They are definitely a plausible playable race, but I wouldn’t say they’re next in-line to be released (though that’s not to say they won’t be released as playable, in the near future).

in Suggestions

Runiir.6425

I firmly believe, due to all the hints dropped in game, that Jormag will be the next expansion. In light of this, it seems that Kodan are likely to be the first expansion race if any will be happening.

I disagree…regardless of which dragon is introduced next, Tengu are already practically set up to be a playable race and will likely be the next one introduced. The location of their main city is already decided to be between Lion’s Arch and The Grove, they have at least a little bit of model variety (though I wouldn’t mind seeing a little more, maybe different feather patterns/colors, beak shapes, and crests), and a decent amount of lore (though I wouldn’t mind seeing this a bit more developed as well). Kodan on the other-hand have a bit of lore, but not much else. They are definitely a plausible playable race, but I wouldn’t say they’re next in-line to be released (though that’s not to say they won’t be released as playable, in the near future).

Here I color your, and most others pointing at Tengu, as being biased due to GW1 interactions with them. Yet in the story there is only a single mention of the Tengu…through the 3 blacksmiths Trahearn sends you after, while there are a craptonne of hints and mentions of Jormag.

The Kodan have already been pushed around by Jormag and are getting pushed to the point they will have to “protect the balance” by actively working to take out the dragon with the other races. Armor wise, I’ve seen more variations in Kodan armor than Tengu, had more NPC interactions with them, have actually faught alongside one of them for hours on end (HotW anyone?), have had lore expanding hearts with the Kodan. We see and hear the Koda talking to one another about their views of the other races (they hold the Sylvari higher than other races and hold the Char and Asura the lowest as being the most misguided/foolish) and meet with them in several maps. They have their own weapon skins, and even a variation of their own themed weapons that players can use (the axes they actually use look differently come to mind). We have seen the Koda in combat with several weapons (I personally have never seen the Tengu in combat in GW2), and through pure GW2 interactions know infinitely more about the Kodan than the Tengu. Heck, I haven’t even seen a Tengu walk in game.

The biggest problem for the Tengu, is that in game…there is very little lore about them, they use human looking weapons, we never see them in combat…before they become a playable race for GW2 the lore to support them needs to show up in game in some way (seriously, they need some outposts outside of their giant wall so we can bloody interact with them some) and we need to see them using weapons/armor that is purely their design…FULL armor. Kodan can be seen in several armor types, all 3 armor classes, and wearing all peices of armor (honestly cannot recall and Koda wearing a helmet off the top of my head). Tengu on the other hand I can only recall torso armor, no helm, no pants, no boots, no gloves…seriously, the Logos we have seen walk/swim/using weapons (even if they all seem to use daggers/swords). Look at what is in game, not out of game, for the expansion races.

Kodan, Logos, Hylek…even the Ogres and Skritt have more animations and variety int hem than the Tengu currently. Right now…a sudden release of the Tengu would feel like the pandas in another MMO that honestly had no lore to support them prior to the expansion found within the game. How many panda jokes exist on the net now due to it? Expect the same reaction from many due to most not having played GW1.

I get the attraction, I played GW1 and thought they were cool, I just don’t see the support for it IN GAME right now. Lack of presented lore (even in the many books you can read) and lack of animations/interactions would make it a total joke if they showed up just suddenly.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sirius.4510

Sirius.4510

Some of what you say about tengu is accurate, but it looks like there are a few things you’ve missed. It doesn’t change the fact that they have little presence in GW2, but there is a lore-explained reason for it. Even if it does set up their introduction to look like a kitten-pull… too late to change that now though. Maybe through some “Living Story” content leading up to an expansion – probably about Primordus making a move.

Now, the details I mentioned earlier:

• There is at least another optional stage during one of the personal story tracks – Soar Goldbeak reportedly shows up in one of the sylvari branches. While Jormag is a prominent feature in the norn starting areas, there aren’t a whole lot of personal story steps that involve kodan either – although there are a few, and likely more than for tengu.
  • There’s a skill point in the sylvari starting area that requires you to fight a tengu named Swift Arrow. Reportedly his combat animation is based on that for a charr, though, which probably explains a lot of other things too.
  • There are two tengu outposts outside the wall; the Hanto trading post in Caledon Forest, plus another trading village in Kessex Hills. They’re good places to learn details about the tengu and how they see the world, although you’re definitely not going to learn as much as you would from the kodan.

There’s plenty in game to suggest that the Dominion of Winds will at some point be relevant, but I can’t disagree that things seem more imminent on the Jormag/kodan front.

Just a random PuGgle.
Stormbluff Isle ( http://www.stormbluffisle.com )

in Suggestions

Posted by: warllockmaster.1379

warllockmaster.1379

I may sounds like a Hopcrit now but:
I honestly don’t want more playable races in guild wars 2-Unless!
The exspansion they arrive in will be taking place several years after Zhaitan’s death (( around 70+ please)
Then I might think a new race would be cool to see.
With our current world of Guildwars2, I do not think we need more races for players to play-after all an unplayed race only remains the coolest, as long as it is unplayed.
As for people’s idea with Jormag..
Here is my idea of the Dragon order:
Kralkatorrik.
Priomordus.
Water Dragon (( no name yet QQ))
Jormag.

Why do I think this order?
Jormag’s fang is not woundable.
Priomordus was tmepoariley defeated by past heroes (( Order of whispers quesline: The Skritt))
Kralkatorrik was almost defeated by glint and Destiny’s edge.

I think It is more likely for Kralkatorrik to fall next.

in Suggestions

Draco.9480

We have only 1 humanoid animal which is charr, why not to make another one instead fur but scales which would sound cool. I didn’t see games with reptile humanoid except skyrim which wasn’t strong looking one. I just drew it craply maybe that’s why you don’t like it.

in Suggestions

Runiir.6425

Some of what you say about tengu is accurate, but it looks like there are a few things you’ve missed. It doesn’t change the fact that they have little presence in GW2, but there is a lore-explained reason for it. Even if it does set up their introduction to look like a kitten-pull… too late to change that now though. Maybe through some “Living Story” content leading up to an expansion – probably about Primordus making a move.

Now, the details I mentioned earlier:

• There is at least another optional stage during one of the personal story tracks – Soar Goldbeak reportedly shows up in one of the sylvari branches. While Jormag is a prominent feature in the norn starting areas, there aren’t a whole lot of personal story steps that involve kodan either – although there are a few, and likely more than for tengu.
  • There’s a skill point in the sylvari starting area that requires you to fight a tengu named Swift Arrow. Reportedly his combat animation is based on that for a charr, though, which probably explains a lot of other things too.
  • There are two tengu outposts outside the wall; the Hanto trading post in Caledon Forest, plus another trading village in Kessex Hills. They’re good places to learn details about the tengu and how they see the world, although you’re definitely not going to learn as much as you would from the kodan.

There’s plenty in game to suggest that the Dominion of Winds will at some point be relevant, but I can’t disagree that things seem more imminent on the Jormag/kodan front.

Oh they have set up the Tengu for expansion for sure, it just would feel like a totally knee-jerk move to release them before letting them out into the world more.

I also totally forgot about that skill point…shows how rare it is though if thats the only combat instance we have for them.
Just saying that with the gigantic influx of new players, they need to introduce the Tengu a LOT better so all of the GW1 vets aren’t the only ones “in the know”.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

If they do Tengu it will probably be when they do Cantha and if they do Kodan that would probably reintroduce a lot of the eotn and prophecies areas that are still missing. My leaning towards Cantha first is mostly based on thats how they did it before but I have since read about some issues that need to be resolved before they can go there.

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

in Suggestions

Posted by: poziix.7285

poziix.7285

… a lizard man … among the dinosaurs which was intelligent like humans but way stronger abilities.

You just described the Silurian’s from Dr. Who.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silurian_

in Suggestions

Zeefa.3915

@Runiir: I honestly do not see kodan become playable. They are polar bears… how do customize that? You can’t just add other colors of kodan without an almost complete change of what they are. There is NO difference between male and female. I know that male and female charr and asura look very similar, but there ARE differences. Kodan don’t have any. The lore post about kodan that was pre-release was one of the series of blog posts about minor races. They are a major npc race and that is it. They are no more playable option than quaggan, skritt and hylek.

Tengu do lack ingame presence, we have not seen many models and we don’t really know all that much about how they are. (250 years since gw1 and all that). The reason we don’t know more? Because they need to be more fleshed out, need more work, before properly introduced.

I would rather meet a completely new, never seen race… perhaps even a reptilian…. than see them change kodan completely just for the sake of making them playable. Kodan are awesome, but imo not a playable option.

@Draco: I don’t think your drawing is the problem. A lot of people are not really fans of beast races I suppose. And many will see other races that are already in game become playable before introducing new ones (completely ignoring the changes said race would have to undergo). I think a reptilian race could possibly be quite cool, but gotta be careful… with charr and tengu (I really firmly believe tengu will come) a 3rd beast race might tricker some people.

As I see it we will get tengu, and perhaps largos. After that I do not see any current races as an option. I could however see… as we access new continents that have never been visisted before (not even in GW1) new races would not be all that out of place to encounter. You know I might try to work on something based of your idea. Might change it a bit and flesh it out some. But I will stay to the reptilian idea.

in Suggestions

Sirius.4510

Fair enough, it’d be much more satisfying storytelling to give the tengu a lead-up for sure.

On reptilians: considering GW2 doesn’t really have one as a playable race at the moment, and there could be some space for a different kind of society there, I wouldn’t be totally against it. But I really think it’d have to be done well. Just a “lizardman” or a man with an alligator head or something is kind of lame and gives the impression we’re on a descending spiral to furry/scaly fantasy land (if you’re into that, no problem, but it’s not what GW2 seems to be about). I’d want to see something a bit more different… more its own thing, more thoughtfully and creatively designed, and less just gratuitous.

Just a random PuGgle.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Azala Yar.7693

Azala Yar.7693

My vote would be for a playable Skritt.

They have character at least.

Cute and comical.

in Suggestions

Draco.9480

Well how come reptilian isn’t original I don’t see any mmorpg having that race while line age, wow and other mmorpg games has elves which isn’t original anymore and people still against it. People really don’t like reptiles I see. Reptiles are the source of dragons how it can’t be cool. Tengu has a look of a human with wings it’s not that original, maybe the creature but looks nothing to it.

Ema.4953@ I didn’t even what dr.who and their reptiles aren’t even close to my imagination. I guess people can’t figure out what imagination I want to reveal.

Azala Yar.7693@ Skritt doesn’t look important, thinking about an island with dinosaurs can make a big expansion with new world boss.

Sirius.4510@It looks lame because I drew it a bit wrongly just use your imagination and you’ll figure it out. that race looks strong and important, it has way more force than charr.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

first off I am nto bashign your drawling, it took guts to put it up there. I went to an art school for Culinary which also happen to have art students there also. With that said I am sorry but your picture looked like the Croc ( spiderman ) meets the Charr. Although not saying a reptilian race can’t be introduced just saying what your drawling said to me.

There are plenty of races in other MMO’s that are reptilian
Krait
Naga
Kolbolds
among many others

There were even a few early MMO’s that allowed you to play reptilian races Evercrack did

in Suggestions

Sirius.4510

Well, yeah, having some relation to Tyria’s “dinosaurs” isn’t a terrible idea, and it also wouldn’t be the first “ancient” race. There’s probably something good to be found there. I’d advise against it having “way stronger abilities” than humans though – because once it goes through the grinder that is game balancing, we really don’t need another race like the norn – that is hyped up then comes to look more silly than it should have in the actual game.

Usable concept at its core; I’d prefer a different visual design, but such is life. It does recall to mind that “four-armed creature” concept art from ArenaNet that never got used in the game, though I’m not sure that was meant to be reptilian or would make a good playable race either. But, speaking of imagination again, they do have some amazing concept artists that could probably come up with something good.

Just a random PuGgle.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Azala Yar.7693

Azala Yar.7693

Well how come reptilian isn’t original I don’t see any mmorpg having that race while line age, wow and other mmorpg games has elves which isn’t original anymore and people still against it. People really don’t like reptiles I see. Reptiles are the source of dragons how it can’t be cool. Tengu has a look of a human with wings it’s not that original, maybe the creature but looks nothing to it.

Ema.4953@ I didn’t even what dr.who and their reptiles aren’t even close to my imagination. I guess people can’t figure out what imagination I want to reveal.

Azala Yar.7693@ Skritt doesn’t look important, thinking about an island with dinosaurs can make a big expansion with new world boss.

Sirius.4510@It looks lame because I drew it a bit wrongly just use your imagination and you’ll figure it out. that race looks strong and important, it has way more force than charr.

Dinosaurs tend to appeal to kids, it’s just that kind of subject matter. I wouldn’t play a lizard normally having said that the ones in EQ2 were ok.

A skritt, not important? Are any of the other races important? The only important thing is it needs to be a race that people want to play anything else doesn’t matter other than fitting into the existing game so that they don’t stand out like a sore thumb.

in Suggestions

Draco.9480

Dinosaurs tend to appeal to kids, it’s just that kind of subject matter. I wouldn’t play a lizard normally having said that the ones in EQ2 were ok.

A skritt, not important? Are any of the other races important? The only important thing is it needs to be a race that people want to play anything else doesn’t matter other than fitting into the existing game so that they don’t stand out like a sore thumb.

Humanoid Reptile looks pretty playable and can have cool personality+movements but skritt looks for kids for me. Dinosaurs were the strongest animals on the planet if you don’t know. Dinosaurs are actually very cruel and can’t be defeated by other animals like tigers or elephants. Humanoid lion can also be for kids, that game is for kids and yet we like it and play. I don’t know what do you mean it for kids. There are zombies in the game (risen) which also can be for kids. Reptiles are cool and mice aren’t. Mice are for kids and not reptiles.

in Suggestions

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

I want Dark Elves. Only women with biiiiiiiiiig ... you know ^^

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jokersirony.8512

Jokersirony.8512

Please Anet…I just want to play a Kodan…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

The topic title pretty much says it all: “A new race for tyria/other place” As in, this thread could be copied and pasted into the forums for pretty much any MMORPG in the world, and be just as relevant.

Why does Guild Wars 2, specifically, need lizard men and dinosaurs? You have not mentioned anything about what their culture/society is like, their history, their beliefs, nor how they fit into the GW lore. It’s the same with your “Death Knight” suggestion — you just ripped it from World of Warcraft. All you did is just list some things you like, which makes it less a suggestion for this game in particular and more like “Show and Tell.”

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

The topic title pretty much says it all: “A new race for tyria/other place” As in, this thread could be copied and pasted into the forums for pretty much any MMORPG in the world, and be just as relevant.

Why does Guild Wars 2, specifically, need lizard men and dinosaurs? You have not mentioned anything about what their culture/society is like, their history, their beliefs, nor how they fit into the GW lore. It’s the same with your “Death Knight” suggestion — you just ripped it from World of Warcraft. All you did is just list some things you like, which makes it less a suggestion for this game in particular and more like “Show and Tell.”

Agreed, Now to the far east and north east is a part of the world that isn’t explored or has never been explored thus far in the Guild Wars lore. This could have been an excellent platform for your basis behind this draconic/ lizard race.

Although with that said you didn’t, just like fyrebrand stated, you have no fluidity in your argument/ suggestion. That is like saying, I want X because X is cool in my mind. What why? I already told you because it would be awesome. Awesome and cool are not reasons, please give us more, I mean you went to such great lengths to draw a picture and post it give us more make us really feel why this should be the race to play or want to play.

in Suggestions

Zeefa.3915

Alright I am starting to get an idea. I have made a drawing of my own (no scanner atm so cannot post it.
But.
I have gone for a very slender, thin look, so it is more lizardy than gator and differs more from the hulking charr. It is more upright than the charr but has somewhat same kinda leg form. Their knees, elbows belly and underneck are plated. Whit the female chest plates form a somewhat heartshape (to imitate breasts without there being breasts as such). They only have 3 toes on their feet, 2 front 1 back. Clawed ofc. Their colors, patterns, “hair” etc. draw from various reptiles. Gekkos, leguanas, komodo dragons etc.
The males are a little bit bigger and heavier than females, other than that they look mostly alike.

Now as for culture I wanted to give them a southamerican, maya, aztec feel, but as asura already draw relations to that I tried to look for something else. I thought of Australian aboriginal culture, Ancient Egypt, Maori and Hawaiian. But honestly do not know much about said cultures.

I imagine them as quite colorful beings, but also a serious people. I recon they would like rings, bands, etc. in gold, silver, bronze. Also feathers could be part of the way they like to dress.
They have 1 clear leader, whom they give nearly godly status (like the pharao). Below that they have their strongest warriors, then traders, then farmers. They have the option to rise or fall within that. Except for the leader. They are very civilized, but with quite simple architecture for most part.
They consider the sun and the moon as “gods” of oposing powers, forever chasing eachother. And as long as they do that and neither succeeds, there is balance. They believe that there has to be both good and bad to have balance. But neither should completely outwin the other. That said they will fight against what oppose them or threatens to destroy them. Even at the risk of loosing that balance.

They are divided in 4 major tribes. The Moon tribe, devotees of the dark and the shadows. The Sun tribe, devotees of light and fire. The Star tribe, devotees of the balance and diplomacy. These 3 tribes are all at peace, despite small tensions between Sun and Moon tribes. Each tribe has a 2 members with their “pharao” an advisor and a warrior. The 4th tribe is a “dark matter” kinda tribe (can’t think of a name) and they reject the idea of the balance and seek to wreck havoc and chaos, where ever they can.

I don’t have a name of the race. Lizard people or such just don’t work, but ah well.

They could be placed somewhere north or south west of maguuma maybe?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

If you’re going to go with the whole reptile thing you may as well go with the forgotten since they are already in the lore and can easily be brought in when the crystal desert opens up . The only issue would be legging and boot armor since they are snake like creatures .

Personally i think its most likely we’ll see the Tengu as the next race considering how large the Dominion of Winds area is thats blocked off at the moment. There is also evidence of this with there being doors to it in LA and Caledon Forest

in Suggestions

Draco.9480

Zeefa.3915@
finally someone agrees with me.
But I wanted ‘em to be atheists which anti any kind of belief which they think of ’emselves as superior to others. Arrogant race which succeeds in his way. Their armor style is like of a shogun warriors like hashirama from naruto or shredder from teenage mutant ninja turtles. Their structures and building could be actually architectures. They seek power but training ’emselves and battle against all kinds of creatures. Their pets are reptiles, anakondas, aligators, raptors, and some big/medium herbivore dinosaurs which can be their mount supplies just like cow/bulls for human. Normally they’re not interested in weapons but trust their own power of their claws, brute force and hard scales but for proffesion they do use weapons just like any character.
Their leader can be called Katsenelson. Their sworn enemy Primordus because he personally destroyed their homes and killed a lot of the reptilians and was forgotten race/island which people thought they went extinct. They were former primordus soldiers which they saw something is wrong about Primordus and was against him and for that they paid the heavy price but they seek revenge.
They hide in the jungles where are volcanos and having underground bases which has traps. They like earth and can also breathe underwater.
They are hard to understand and it takes patience to get their trust, they use low heavy voice (cooler than charr) with Russian accent would be cool.
No more ideas atm.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

So…when can we expect Anet to add a new race? Anyone have an inkling of a clue when that expansion will rear its head?

I’m sort of wanting to play a Ranger but I already have a Charr, two Asuras and a Sylvari and find Human and Norn not my taste…A Tengu ranger is my ideal choice

in Suggestions

Zeefa.3915

Problem with making them atheist is that role is already taken by the charr. Making them asian themed doesn’t quite work either as tengu has that. Being arrogant and “better” than other races is what asura, to some extend charr and kodan even more does.
You have to be careful not making them like the one or more of the other races with a different skin. That wont work, even if it seems cool it would be messy. I think it is important that they would stand out in personality and culture when compared to the others, not just take some of each of them.
Your concept is not all bad, but I am not sure how it integrates with GW lore. I don’t really like the idea of them being former soldiers of primordus.
Also important to remember they gotta fit with all the professions, be able to wear all armor types etc.
They also have to be able to ally and work with the other playable races we have, without too much conflict in that. Bringing in an isle of all reptiles would be kinda cliché and kinda odd, although I would not mind a few reptilian pets added, aside from the drakes that we got. But again all pets can be used by all rangers no matter race.

You gotta be careful to make the theme more GWish and less cartoonish for it to work. (mind I like cartoons but that is not what GW is).

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

@ Leo G
Racist !!!!! Everyone knows Humans are the best . Besides the only good Charr is a DEAD Charr.

in Suggestions

Draco.9480

how come everyone are into tengu? what is so special about ’em?

in Suggestions

Posted by: PandaWolf.7510

PandaWolf.7510

I think playing the Kodan and the Tengu would be awesome. Seriously. The races are already there, with plenty of lore to start on.

in Suggestions

Leo G.4501

how come everyone are into tengu? what is so special about ’em?

I think they’d be quite open for customization. For Asuras, it’s the ears and eyes, for Charr the horns and fur patterns, the Sylvari are very colorful and I think the Tengu could have colorful plumage too.

Also, never got much chance to play avian characters in the past. Cat/dog people? Little aliens? Even planty people, I’ve gotten a chance to mess with. The big gorilla MMO already has bears though so perhaps we should steer toward something a bit rarer?

in Suggestions

Zeefa.3915

What I don’t get is why people consider kodan an option. They have nearly 0 customization to them. That makes them pretty bad for playable.

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

What I don’t get is why people consider kodan an option. They have nearly 0 customization to them. That makes them pretty bad for playable.

LOL the Kodan is a major race in tyria that follow the norn very closely and have as much lore and the tengu.

The Kodan have just as much Customization to hem as a charr would have or any other race, from fur color, to fur pattern down to eyes and face. Visit some of the Kodan area’s and you will see the diversity in them.

in Suggestions

Leo G.4501

My guess is, the Kodan and Tengu you see in the game right now are placeholders. If/when more playable races are introduced, I’d expect all those placeholders would have changes made to them using the new options.

Although…can the Kodan be something other than a polar bear? Or is that just their thing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

possible playable races in my opinion

Attachments:

in Suggestions

Zeefa.3915

@Kaimick.5109 and Leo G.4501
I have been to the kodan areas and I do not see that much diversity. And I know they have a lot of lore to them. It is because of the lore that I don’t see them become playable. They are polar bears… that is their thing, as Leo puts it. Making them black bears, brown bears or worse panda bears would break with their lore. Never mind that males and females look exactly the same.
It is not that I don’t like kodan, I think they are really cool and pretty awesome. Thats why I don’t want them to be playable, because they’d have to change some of the things that makes them awesome to achieve it.

The very few tengu we see so far are definitely only a very small taste of npc looks. I firmly believe in tengu as playable race. Infact that they did not get a lorepost prior to release like the kodan did supports this. As those lore posts about nonplayables were all labeled as minor races. Which hints that tengu are not among the minor races.

I am not against kodan as playable per se. I just don’t see it happen or understand how people see them as viable option, if they actually know what they are.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eerekai.9438

Eerekai.9438

I have to agree with Zeefa on the entire Kodan thing. The wiki states that they resemble polar bears. It puts a limitation on character fur color. A huge limitation. Though, watching the Kodan fight and using the tonic from Honor of the Waves to turn into a Kodan and dance…its safe to say that the Kodan have the same animations as a Norn. So while animations are covered, and there’s already a start at cultural gear, character appearances are hindered.

Now if we’re being honest, my priority list is sorta like this…

1. The top of my list is tied with Tengu and Hylek. I think they both have a lot to offer in terms of new animation styles and clothing/armor appearances. I’d also love to dig deeper into their lore.
  2. Next is Quaggan. I loathe the Quaggan with a passion. When the backpacks came out, I immediately bought one. Why? It gives me the joy of knowing there’s a Quaggan (or something that resembles a Quaggan) strapped to my back, kicking and squirming, trying to get back to its family. So why make them playable? You’d see me in WvW a lot more. Doing “hunting” runs ^~
  3. Centaur and Ogres would be tied here. While the centaur facial structure can vary to provide different customization options, their bodies allow for some interesting lower-armor decisions to be made by the art team. Now the Ogres on the other-hand would need to be developed more. Their males and females have very few physical differences, much like the Asura, but more facial options would need to be created. Not to mention, I’d also love to see Centaur and Ogre lore explored more.
  4. Everything else. This includes but is not limited to Krait, Skritt, Jotun, Kodan, Harpies, Grawl, Ettins, Dwarves, Dredge, and Largos.

That’s just my personal list and preferences.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

If we think that Norn (Jora), Asura (Veck) and Charr (Pyre) were player’s heroes in GW1, if you look at the races for other heroes / henchmen we had, there are only 2 possibilities: Tengus/ Sensali who were henchmen in Factions and Centaurs as Zhed was a hero in Nightfall.

in Suggestions

Draco.9480

Ronah.2869@
only the bird looks playable but others are just way too ugly and annoying.
My suggestions was something not from any GW but from my head.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

ESO Argonians

in Suggestions

Sirius.4510

Was going to say “yeah but it’s not an MMO” then… doh ESO is a good point, really. Not much chance Argonians won’t be back.

On GW1 H/H: There were also rot wallows but I’m pretty sure those aren’t going to make the grade. Or for that matter golems (M.O.X.) or whatever Razah was. Maybe if that question were answered…
Oh, yeah, and Ogden/dwarves. There are a few people requesting them, but odds seem to be against it… or they wouldn’t have gotten stoned in the first place.

Just a random PuGgle.