A nice message to those opposed to dailies

in Suggestions

Posted by: RiKShaw.8795

RiKShaw.8795

Ok so since my last post was heavily agreed with and then deleted, he’s my attempt at informing you all nicely.

I suggest that dailies are absolutely fine and require no change.

I hear a lot of forumgoers and GW2 players believe that some change is needed to the daily quests. Whatever the reasoning for this, I believe that there is no change needed. Here is my reasoning.

Dailies, like any quest, have predetermined win conditions that you must meet if you wish to gain the rewards at the end of the dungeon. However many people believe that the dailies are supposed to fit into their playstyle. Some players choose that they do not want gather nodes, fight underwater, talk to certain vendors and they often come here to express their disappointment at missing out on Laurels. I disagree with this and believe that if a player does not complete the requirements for a daily, then they do not deserve the rewards. The laurels are rewards and not awards.

A player may choose to play GW2 as a pacifist. If they do then they will be unable to complete dungeons. Using similar logic to these distressed players (the ones opposed to dailies) this would mean that ANet should alter the game so that there is a diplomatic solution to the dungeon.

Now, can you see how I find this to be a tad.. absurd? When given a task that you cannot complete or choose not to complete, is it not the person in question, not the task, that need change? If a person wants to earn a laurel, should they not need to earn the laurel?

If we adjust the game so that dailies fit in with EVERY playstyle then surely the only way to do this is to introduce a timer? I believe ANet finds this to be a boring solution and also problematic for 2 reasons.

• Firstly, the Amulets would become worthless. Every player and I mean EVERY player would be able to earn these amulets. Where is the struggle in that? That which is the most out of reach, grants the most satisfaction. That which is given unto us it that which has no worth.
  • Secondly this would essentially be giving away free power. People may have to run high level fractals in order to acheive similar levels of gear. Making dailies easier would surely be unfair to these players right?

So in conclusion, please my fellow players. Read this post and try to reconsider your opinion on what you believe is best for the future of this game.

As for any of you who want to see the uncensored version of this (Caution: This becomes a rant and may be found insulting and/or condescending and may hurt the feelings of some players) then feel free to contact me and I can send you a copy.

in Suggestions

RiKShaw.8795

No profanity = no replies?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Doomguard.5094

Doomguard.5094

I agree with you, they are fine and don’t need changing, apart from maybe the daily healer. Why? Well that’s simple, because it encourages players to let npcs die on purpose so they can get the daily faster and easier. That’s not really good is it, we need to save those villagers, not let them die so we can get a daily.

Having said that, I think that dailies should not be easy, and be done in 30 minutes, they should be awarded after a days worth of playtime, like 2-3 hours. Just because people play the game a bit every day doesn’t mean they are entitled to a reward. And just because it resets every day, doesn’t mean you HAVE to get it every single day.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

I agree with you, they are fine and don’t need changing, apart from maybe the daily healer. Why? Well that’s simple, because it encourages players to let npcs die on purpose so they can get the daily faster and easier. That’s not really good is it, we need to save those villagers, not let them die so we can get a daily.

Having said that, I think that dailies should not be easy, and be done in 30 minutes, they should be awarded after a days worth of playtime, like 2-3 hours. Just because people play the game a bit every day doesn’t mean they are entitled to a reward. And just because it resets every day, doesn’t mean you HAVE to get it every single day.

Wise words, although I do get my dailies done now in 30 mins whereas the old system did take me all day lol. They need to make these harder imo.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Radio Isotope.3045

Radio Isotope.3045

Doomguard what about the person that wakes up at 6am est, goes to work at 7am est, comes home around 8pm est, then goes to sleep at 9pm est? Should they suffer because you play this game non stop? it seems rather selfish to just assume everyone revolves around your OWN play-style. I agree they don’t need to be changed but making them harder would in turn penalize the casual players while rewarding the farmers, dungeon runners, etc. who have literally hours upon hours to complete these. Please people use logic before you post against things, and think about all the other players who don’t speak their minds on the forums. I’m kinda tired of these armchair developers who haven’t ever looked at the big picture, but only their own mirror.

(TLE) The Legendary Eternum, Devona’s Rest
Guild Founder

in Suggestions

Doomguard.5094

So missing out on a daily is equivalent to suffering now ? Daily rewards are all fluff anyway, you can get the same gear and those exact rewards elsewhere in the game by just playing the game. People who only play 20 minutes every day have no use for karma, mystic coins or laurels, as those are used for getting ascended high tier end-game content and legendaries which take a lot of time and effort. If you just want that cat mini then request a reduced cost for it, not reduced difficulty for dailies.

in Suggestions

Radio Isotope.3045

So your point is because someone only plays a little, that they don’t deserve high-end gear? Sounds selfish to me….

Guild Founder

in Suggestions

Radio Isotope.3045

A good suggestion is

*Something that benefits everyone.

A bad suggestion is

*Something that benefits a few specific players, or typically just you.

Guild Founder

in Suggestions

Doomguard.5094

I never said they aren’t entitled to high end gear, in fact if you actually read what I wrote you will see that I said they can get high end tier in many many other ways in the game.

Also, there is no such thing that benefits both casuals and hardcore players, at the current rate people both types are complaining that the game is either too hard or too boring with nothing to do so they just leave and stop playing.

in Suggestions

Radio Isotope.3045

There are suggestions that benefit everyone. You just have to use common sense to see them.

Guild Founder

in Suggestions

Posted by: iSmack.1768

iSmack.1768

I do like the fact that they added new dailies in the rotation but 2 of them create an issue that plagues most other MMOs and GW2 did right, till now.

Dodger and Healer dailies are slowly creating Competitive PvE, which was something that was abolished from Day1 in GW2.

I personally don’t have an issue getting these accomplished. There’s a certain spot I go where I can complete Dodger/Healer and an Event in 1 shot.

The Competitive PvE comes into play in the lower levels, where some level 80s lurk around to do their dailies. Just yesterday I was playing on my level 5 alt where I was killing centaurs to complete the heart quest. So I see one running away from 2 players, so I engage and kill it. One of them starts blasting me with profanity cause they were using that Centaur to complete their dailies.

As for the healer daily, at some point I forgot I was on my alt and it can’t take on a vet + several of it’s minions and well, I died. So here comes a little friend to fondle me back to life. Half-way through ressing, he stop and says: “Hold on, I have friends coming to res you as well for daily” so here I am, on the ground waiting for a party of 5 to come to res. At first I didn’t think much of it, but it was taking a while, so i just WP-ed. As you’d guess, they went apekitten over it and started arguing over it.

Another issue this is bring up is that sometimes people let others die so they can res them for the daily, whereas before, they’d step in and help the weaker one.

None of this would happen before the introduction of these 2 dailies, now it’s gonna start to create a weird experience in a game that had gotten rid of competitive PvE.

That being said, I really like the new Laurel system, it’s not hard. The prices are just right. This is an MMO after all. There needs to be a balance between time to acquire an item and effort put into it. I personally think it’s quite balanced.

(edited by iSmack.1768)

in Suggestions

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

To solve the dailie problem. I think there should be a list, of say 30 things. From that list of 30 you only need to do 5 to get your dailie reward. That way everyone wins. You can do the dailies that fit the way you play. And you can make your dailies as hard or as easy as you like. I don’t get to play much so I’m always missing my dailies as I’d rather be getting on with my personal story. Today I did the flame and frost prelude so no dailie done there. Am I complaining no. It’s my choice not to do it. But I’ll compromise rather than just say dailies should stay as they are end of.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in Suggestions

Posted by: Towndrunk.9562

Towndrunk.9562

I would have to strongly disagree. If it takes me five days to complete why would you care. I thought that was the point of this game…to cater to all play styles not just the hardcore. Don’t hate the casuals please.

in Suggestions

Doomguard.5094

They give you the strongest gear in the game simply for doing dailies, yet you still complain, you guys are never satisfied.

in Suggestions

Towndrunk.9562

They give you the strongest gear in the game simply for doing dailies, yet you still complain, you guys are never satisfied.

Think for a moment…….how does that help us if we can’t complete the dailies? Really, why does this matter to you? You can have all the best stuff a year before the rest of us and this bothers you?

in Suggestions

Doomguard.5094

If you can’t complete the dailies, they why do you even want the strongest gear? If you can’t play for 1 hour a day to complete a daily, then are you planning to play dungeons with that 1 hour you have at your disposal? Obviously not, if you don’t have time to play dungeons, then you don’t really need the strongest gear, which is in this case, ascended gear for fractals, which were intended solely for hardcore players to test their skill for end game.

in Suggestions

Towndrunk.9562

Doomguard….would this change affect you in any way? Of course not. So there you go…..Play your way bud.

in Suggestions

Posted by: InfamousBrad.5879

InfamousBrad.5879

I agree. I don’t see the dailies as something you should expect to get on top of (say) dungeon rewards, I see them as something for you to choose between: I have a couple of hours, which would I rather do, run a dungeon, or do today’s daily?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amaterasu.8639

Amaterasu.8639

No profanity = no replies?

i guess people like you using bad language when complaining about stuff :P

in Suggestions

Towndrunk.9562

I don’t understand why some people believe that because they have more time to play that they should be rewarded exclusively. Why can’t everyone work towards the same goals in the game? If you can do your dailies every day then you will get rewarded far quicker than someone that takes five days to complete one daily.
If it takes me two years to get a legendary do I not deserve it because I couldn’t get it in a month? What kind of logic is that?
My understanding is that Anet wanted their game accessible to all players not just the hard core.
Trust me, by the time I can purchase something with laurels there will be a new shiney that everyone will be after.
The more you play the faster you are rewarded. That is your exclusiveness!

in Suggestions

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I agree. I don’t see the dailies as something you should expect to get on top of (say) dungeon rewards, I see them as something for you to choose between: I have a couple of hours, which would I rather do, run a dungeon, or do today’s daily?

But what if you don’t have the time for a dungeon? Or you don’t like doing them or your unlucky enough to get a pug that fails or falls apart? I had this happen to me a lot in guild wars. I know what some wise guy will say “join a guild” yeah that can be a good way to get around it. But again that not always works as people do like to do different things. And/or have already done it today and don’t fancy doing it again. I’m glad some people have hours to play the game I really am. That means when I have the time away from my family and I get an hour or so to enjoy a game. The world is still full of players I can interact with. But I don’t see why I should be punished for having a family. I want the nice gear. So if/ went I have more time. I’m not playing catchup or trying to do content no one is doing anymore. See my other post in his thread for an idea around that.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

LOL I got infracted for telling the truth about how people react to this…oh well. Anywho, here’s my 2 cents about casual vs hardcore: I work most of the day as well, only have a few hours each night during the week to play, and I still get my dailies done in the first 30 mins or so of playing. So the old argument of : “well what about those of us who can’t play all day like you” is a moot point. People are jsut being lazy and wanting even more handouts than we already have. There are so many ways to get the same thing you get with the laurels for those people who, for whatever reason can’t/won’t complete the dailies.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

in Suggestions

Posted by: CaptainBennett.8157

CaptainBennett.8157

From a quick glance at all opposition to the the original post, it would appear that each post favoring simplified dailies are utilizing quotes that are taken out of context. Utilizing insults like “selfish” and passive aggressive responses almost come across as flaming, but that’s not the only reason I’m posting here today.

The idea that Anet has an obligation to obey demands in regards each player’s real life situation is tragically hilarious, and I cannot imagine why those demands would be considered in the first place. If you want to be on the bleeding edge of content, max out all of your achievements, and what have you, then I see no reason as to why you wouldn’t strive to do so. Do not take this as an insult your your daily lives, that’s not how I intend to come across.

I understand most of us have things like school, work, etc. This does not mean Anet needs to lower the already simple learning curve to their game. If you wish to take part in the game 100%, then you’re going to have to put in at least an hour (or more) of your time into it daily. I understand that some of you may be busy, but there is a saying, “If you don’t have time, make time.” Sticking to this, it’d be almost unfair for those of the player-base who put in less than 2 hours into the game on a daily basis to be on par with those of us who put in more.

I know this might sound outlandish, but there are people out there who strive to be better than the average gamer, and are willing to put the time and effort in to do so.

TL;DR: What you put into the game should determine what you get out of it, and you should not demand the developers to lower their standards to fit your specific time-related needs.

in Suggestions

Radio Isotope.3045

I don’t understand why some people believe that because they have more time to play that they should be rewarded exclusively. Why can’t everyone work towards the same goals in the game? If you can do your dailies every day then you will get rewarded far quicker than someone that takes five days to complete one daily.
If it takes me two years to get a legendary do I not deserve it because I couldn’t get it in a month? What kind of logic is that?
My understanding is that Anet wanted their game accessible to all players not just the hard core.
Trust me, by the time I can purchase something with laurels there will be a new shiney that everyone will be after.

I agree wholeheartedly. I am someone who has the ability to do my dailies very quickly. But in doing something I noticed something that would affect my more casual players of my guild and more. I have alot of time on my hands, but some of the people I know in game do not. So i suggested to fix something in another post that would allow them to not get put on the side benches. My basic statement is the casual players deserve high end gear just as much as the hardcore gamers. Its not going to bother me none to see someone who has the gear I have even if they are casual. As alot of times they worked hard for their gear as well even if you hardcore players don’t see it. I try to think of this game as Guild Wars 2, not World of Warcraft. The ideology that you need to compete for gear and such should not be transitioning over. The only thing that will accomplish is ruining this game and the community its meant for. Like I said before please think of EVERYONE not just yourselves. The voice of reason has spoken.

Guild Founder

in Suggestions

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Lectures are not suggestions. A gentler rant is still a rant.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Turial.1293

Turial.1293

Wow, omg, too many idiotic ideas here to continually quote. Let’s start with RiKShaw.8795 and Doomguard.5094….. You guys make perfect sense and are exactly right. Radio Isotope.3045 Please, please, please look at everything you said, turn it around and take your own advice, you make my face hurt.

So “dailies” or rather their full name “Daily Achievement” are a set list of things that you “can” achieve to be “rewarded” with coin, karma and laurels. If you have a job, a family and whatever else in your life that prevents you from playing that you cannot get your daily well then that is your tough luck, you do not get rewarded for owning the game, you want to achieve your daily then you play for it. Anybody with common sense knows that if you cannot log on then you cannot gain rewards and shame on anyone that thinks they should. If you cannot log on every day you can still aim for the monthly, from my experience this can usually be done in about 10 days (at least 28 days in every month) so there is no excuse for not achieving it, that is to say if you actually log on.

CaptainBennett.8157

TL;DR: What you put into the game should determine what you get out of it, and you should not demand the developers to lower their standards to fit your specific time-related needs.

Thank you Bennett.

“Some of my best friends are heterosexual”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wrenn Haldane.3208

Wrenn Haldane.3208

I disagree with you . . but only to a point.

Dailies and Monthlies are a good idea, but they are poorly implemented. Here’s why.

I play MMORPG’s to have fun. I have been playing MMO’s for years. One thing about me is that I have always despised doing dungeons. I just do not have fun doing them. The dungeons/fractals in Guild Wars 2 are no different. There’s nothing wrong with them. I just don’t enjoy doing them. That being said, I have never completed a Monthly because I just don’t do dungeons. People will say, “But you only have to do 5 in a month!”. Sorry, but that’s 5 too many for me. So, I never compete a Monthly, and I never receive the awards. Now I will never get the Laurels, because I refuse to do something I don’t have fun doing.

As for the Dailies, these are poorly implemented as well. I love crafting, but I know people that don’t. Forcing people to craft is not conducive to a fun experience for some people.

To be honest with you, I think the whole Dailies thing is rather poorly implemented. Have to complete 5 Events? You now see level 80’s running around newbie-ville doing the Champions and quick-and-easy newbie events. Same thing for Veterans. I see level 80’s, for example, at the Hunting Lodge in Queensdale plowing through the veteran boars. What’s the challenge in that? In basic terms, the game is turning some of its players in to mindless robots. The dailies and monthlies are adding a linear element to the game.

Perhaps my biggest issue with Dailies and Monthlies is that I have not gotten Laurels from completing the PvP side of things. I enjoy PvP. It’s why I play the game. So if I want Laurels, I have to take time away from PvP to do PvE content. I don’t like that one bit.

Don’t get me wrong. The dailies are somewhat painless. I complete them rather quickly. It only takes a half hour or so to complete them. But two months from now, doing the same old stuff day in and day out is going to be a mind-numbing. Plus, since I have no intention of doing dungeons, I will never get the Laurels because of that. Even though I am a PvP player, I still do enough PvE content in a month to earn the Laurels (except the dungeons). I’m being penalized because I don’t want to do something that I don’t like to do.

There needs to be options. Don’t want to craft? Kill 10 more Veterans. Don’t want to do dungeons? Complete 30 more events. Even though it is mind-numbingly repetitive, it still affords all players to get awards . . . and not be forced to do something they do not like to do.

I understand that AN is trying to expose players to different aspects of the game. But in some cases, this backfires.

OK, no one is forcing me to get Laurels. But if I want Laurels, I am forced to do stuff I don’t really care to do. As I said, there needs to be choices . . . and there needs to be Laurels for PvP. (I dunno if it is a bug or not, but I certainly have not gotten them).

in Suggestions

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

I disagree with you . . but only to a point.

Dailies and Monthlies are a good idea, but they are poorly implemented. Here’s why.

I play MMORPG’s to have fun. I have been playing MMO’s for years. One thing about me is that I have always despised doing dungeons. I just do not have fun doing them. The dungeons/fractals in Guild Wars 2 are no different. There’s nothing wrong with them. I just don’t enjoy doing them. That being said, I have never completed a Monthly because I just don’t do dungeons. People will say, “But you only have to do 5 in a month!”. Sorry, but that’s 5 too many for me. So, I never compete a Monthly, and I never receive the awards. Now I will never get the Laurels, because I refuse to do something I don’t have fun doing.

As for the Dailies, these are poorly implemented as well. I love crafting, but I know people that don’t. Forcing people to craft is not conducive to a fun experience for some people.

To be honest with you, I think the whole Dailies thing is rather poorly implemented. Have to complete 5 Events? You now see level 80’s running around newbie-ville doing the Champions and quick-and-easy newbie events. Same thing for Veterans. I see level 80’s, for example, at the Hunting Lodge in Queensdale plowing through the veteran boars. What’s the challenge in that? In basic terms, the game is turning some of its players in to mindless robots. The dailies and monthlies are adding a linear element to the game.

Perhaps my biggest issue with Dailies and Monthlies is that I have not gotten Laurels from completing the PvP side of things. I enjoy PvP. It’s why I play the game. So if I want Laurels, I have to take time away from PvP to do PvE content. I don’t like that one bit.

Don’t get me wrong. The dailies are somewhat painless. I complete them rather quickly. It only takes a half hour or so to complete them. But two months from now, doing the same old stuff day in and day out is going to be a mind-numbing. Plus, since I have no intention of doing dungeons, I will never get the Laurels because of that. Even though I am a PvP player, I still do enough PvE content in a month to earn the Laurels (except the dungeons). I’m being penalized because I don’t want to do something that I don’t like to do.

There needs to be options. Don’t want to craft? Kill 10 more Veterans. Don’t want to do dungeons? Complete 30 more events. Even though it is mind-numbingly repetitive, it still affords all players to get awards . . . and not be forced to do something they do not like to do.

I understand that AN is trying to expose players to different aspects of the game. But in some cases, this backfires.

OK, no one is forcing me to get Laurels. But if I want Laurels, I am forced to do stuff I don’t really care to do. As I said, there needs to be choices . . . and there needs to be Laurels for PvP. (I dunno if it is a bug or not, but I certainly have not gotten them).

Eventually at least the dailies will have a do 4 of 6 choice with them. I’d imagine the monthlies will, too. I’ve got a feeling it’s not in place yet so that ANet can get the most data on whether or not something was working or not. Had 4 of 6 been implemented from the start for instance combo creator might still be in the rotation. However, enough people did it because you have to do all of them at the moment, that ANet could see that it was indeed broken and have taken it out of the daily rotation.

Monthlies will probably come a lot later due to the fact that months are longer than days so getting enough data for that will take longer.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Silver.8023

Silver.8023

I found not only this post but the original post to be well written, concise and 100% in line with what I believe about the issue (add, “hilarious” to the original post ).

I quite like this line:

The laurels are rewards and not awards.

Someone mentioned they would prefer the dailies as a list of things of which you could complete say, five of and get the daily. ArenaNet has mentioned this is a planned feature. In the meantime, we can settle for what’s in place now. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, after the latest daily change, I’m accidentally getting the dailies now without altering how I play at all…

Silver Stormshield – Guardian
Kaimoon Blade – Warrior
Fort Aspenwood

in Suggestions

RiKShaw.8795

There’s nothing wrong with them. I just don’t enjoy doing them. That being said, I have never completed a Monthly because I just don’t do dungeons. People will say, “But you only have to do 5 in a month!”. Sorry, but that’s 5 too many for me. So, I never compete a Monthly, and I never receive the awards. Now I will never get the Laurels, because I refuse to do something I don’t have fun doing.

And you will also never get any dungeon tokens. For any dungeons. And that means no dungeon gear. Ever.

Why do you feel its your right to have laurels but its completely acceptable that you will never own dungeon gear?

With your limited playtime will you ever be able to gear yourself to run some of the dungeons? EG: Arah? Do you feel you should be awarded 10 dungeon tokens for beating the first boss and then you have to leave your group?

The thing is that if you cannot invest a base time then there are things you can’t acheive. Lets say you can only play 20 min per day. Any activity that takes over 20 min is then unavailable to you correct? Well lets see, fractals, dungeons, anything worthwhile in WvW, a tournament in PvP, arguably legendaries and of course dailies.

But of these things you feel you deserve to get daily rewards and you remain silent about these other things? Its my opinion that if you can’t play then you can’t get any of these things.

One other thing about the level 80’s plowing through low level vets? Thats a small portion of the community that is wasting their time. I got all my dailies yesterday in Fireheart Rise. Now I am able to go right back into CoF without leaving (BUT I still had to disrupt my dungeon running to get the dailies). Those people are populating barren zones that you happen to be in.

(edited by RiKShaw.8795)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Turial.1293

Turial.1293

[snip]

You don’t enjoy dungeons, that is your preference. I don’t personally like PvP and I may or may not get the PvP monthly so does that mean it is poorly implemented? does that mean I deserve the achievement points since I did not do it?

Dungeons/fractals have only counted for the last 2/3 months but you never finished a monthly because of dungeons? Did you do WvW, did you salvage? I did not like doing WvW but I did it for the achievements. You also get laurels for dailies so you do not even have to finish the monthly.

You are not forced to craft, you are not forced to do a daily. Have you even “tried” to do the daily crafter? You refine 10 logs/ore and you are done. It is 3-4 mouse-clicks and is about 30 seconds of your time. You don’t have to craft any more than that nor do you need to go out of your way. Hardly taxing!

If a L80 needs to go to a 1-15 area just to kill a vet then they are wasting their own time, I kill plenty of vets by “just playing” and the only time I have to go out of the way is when I have been busy in RL all day. With 30-60 mins left to finish my daily I will go to an area where I know there is several vets so I may get my daily fast. Daily can be finished so easily that you could stretch it out over the day if you have time or spend 15 mins to focus and just do it. If you cannot make time for it then you do not deserve the coins/karma/laurel. Also, players entering lower zones to get dailies means that players are spreading out in the world, they can help people who are struggling there too. What if you can’t kill that champ in the way for that chest, you see 3-4 L80s pass so ask them for help, is that a bad thing?

Now as for laurels from PvP, I agree and do not agree. Sure you want to earn laurels from playing in your area but how will laurels actually affect you in PvP? You can’t use gear from PvE(boxes of gear), you can’t wear the ascended items, to get dye to use you need to play PvE anyway as it does not drop in PvP, what will you use with obbys? Is there anything from the laurel vendor that you can even use in PvP, no, you just want them because everyone else is getting them.

They are painless and do not take long as I have said above and so have you. You don’t want to do repetitive things yet are willing to kill 10 more vets to avoid crafting for 30 seconds? If that was the case I would refine 100 wood logs, be done with my daily but have I really achieved anything?

I do not necessarily enjoy Fractals but I do it, why, because I want something from there. I chose not to play fractals for the initial release due to the crashes, I have missed out on loot and levels but I chose to not play it and I don’t think I deserve it either, why would I, I didn’t play the content.

Finally dailies/monthlies will be evolved in future months as Anet have stated even from the first mention of laurels.

“Some of my best friends are heterosexual”

(edited by Turial.1293)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lane.3410

Lane.3410

Dodger and Healer dailies are slowly creating Competitive PvE, which was something that was abolished from Day1 in GW2.

I agree with respect to healer. I typically end up having to go out of my way to complete it, it’s near impossible to do through my normal gameplay as I simply don’t come across that many dead players or NPCs. So far this particular achievement has caused me to exploit afk players (allowing respawns to kill them repeatedly), rage at players assisting NPCs that were about to die, and curse that blasted “too many resurrectors” message. It’s not a fun achievement and it certainly doesn’t encourage friendly gaming, quite the opposite.

The dodging portion can die in a fire. It has to be so bloody specific it’s maddening. This is another achievement I can’t get done during normal gameplay because apparently I almost never dodge right at that precise moment to trigger the “evade”. I always end up having to find a ranged mob nearby and try to accurately time evades while being beaten on waiting for endurance to regen. It’s so much fun. /sarcasm

And you will also never get any dungeon tokens. For any dungeons. And that means no dungeon gear. Ever.

Can I get the Endless Cat Tonic or Chauncy Von Snuffles with dungeon tokens? Or karma? Or any means other than laurels? Because if I can I’m unaware and it would surely save me the 3-4 months it’s going to take under the current system to acquire assuming I do both dailies and monthlies religiously.

I know this is shocking, but not everyone wants laurels solely for the ascended gear.

(edited by Lane.3410)

in Suggestions

RiKShaw.8795

If that was the case I would refine 100 wood logs, be done with my daily but have I really achieved anything?

I think this is important. People say “Its too hard” to kill vets/craft/everything

Can I get the Endless Cat Tonic or Chauncy Von Snuffles with dungeon tokens? Or karma? Or any means other than laurels? Because if I can I’m unaware and it would surely save me the 3-4 months it’s going to take under the current system to acquire assuming I do both dailies and monthlies religiously.

I know this is shocking, but not everyone wants laurels solely for the ascended gear.

No you can’t. I dont see your point. If you want the cosmetic stuff then do the dailies/monthlies and get them. If you don’t want to do dailies then you obviously dont want the cosmetic stuff. If you cant get the dailies then you cant get the cosmetic stuff. Its not complicated.

What I said in that quote was that that person did not like dungeons and was content with no dungeon armour. Yet he did not like dailies, and then was not content with missing out on laurels. It had nothing to do with what he would use those laurels on.

in Suggestions

Teofa Tsavo.9863

I still fail to see how this thread is a Suggestion, it is primarily one person, forcibly “suggesting” that only his opinion is valid.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

in Suggestions

RiKShaw.8795

I still fail to see how this thread is a Suggestion, it is primarily one person, forcibly “suggesting” that only his opinion is valid.

Second line of my post. I suggested keeping the dailies the same.

And if that doesn’t count as relevant then please lock me up for trying to clean up the forums.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

I agree with respect to healer. I typically end up having to go out of my way to complete it, it’s near impossible to do through my normal gameplay as I simply don’t come across that many dead players or NPCs. So far this particular achievement has caused me to exploit afk players (allowing respawns to kill them repeatedly), rage at players assisting NPCs that were about to die, and curse that blasted “too many resurrectors” message. It’s not a fun achievement and it certainly doesn’t encourage friendly gaming, quite the opposite.

The dodging portion can die in a fire. It has to be so bloody specific it’s maddening. This is another achievement I can’t get done during normal gameplay because apparently I almost never dodge right at that precise moment to trigger the “evade”. I always end up having to find a ranged mob nearby and try to accurately time evades while being beaten on waiting for endurance to regen. It’s so much fun. /sarcasm

Eventually other achievements will give laurels (retroactively as well). And I believe at the end of this month, the 4 of 6 for dailies will go live so you should hopefully soon be able to skip Healer more often if you really don’t like doing it.

Just grin and bear it for a few more weeks. About as much as any of us can do.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

LOl I read this whole thread earlier and from the looks of it most of the people here did not read half of it.

RikShaw and the other person were never asking for the dailies to be easier or revolve around them because they had a real life out side the game, rather they were responding to another poster that said Dailies should take all day rather than 30 minutes. Now maybe some of your people will realize why they said what they said.

Second off

The healer and Dodger daily

The healer daily is not really as bad as everyone is making it out to be. If you have people or if your a person that watch people die then rush over to help them or watches a NPC die to res them then they are ignorant and frankly not very versed on the game. There are at least 4 zones you can get it in less than 2 minutes.

• Zone 1: Harithi Highlands
  • Zone 2: Shatter Dragon event – Around the area is at least 50 dead bodies
  • Zone 3: Cadeon Forest
  • Zone 4: Orr
    If you have to seriously stand around and wait for NPC to die you should probably level your character a little bit. Also I am sorry but if someone watched me die and then tried to res me I would just waypoint and ignore.

Dodger
I have aggroed 3 to 5 mobs and tried to completing it fast and it goes slow. Go to the place just below Harithi Highlands and do the Kol Event I promise you will have it done with in 2 minutes. Better yet go to AC Explorer any path and you will have it done. Again if someone starts to cuss at you report them, and put them on ignore.

None of these dailies break down the cohesion of a group or friendly play environment. People are blaming the tool when they should be blaming the user, no matter what a developer will do you will always have people trying to grief, exploit, and cheat their way through, hence is why there are rules. Although Blaming the Daily for the players problems is like blaming a Hammer for killing someone. Just cause the hammer is sitting on the table doesn’t mean it will jump up and strike me down, that will never happen. Now if a person comes in and picks up the hammer and beats my skull in is that the hammers fault or the person wielding the hammer.

in Suggestions

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Second line of my post. I suggested keeping the dailies the same.

And if that doesn’t count as relevant then please lock me up for trying to clean up the forums.

It isn’t your job to clean up the forums.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amber Malachite.8195

Amber Malachite.8195

First – @Teofa Tsavo – love your signature.

Now, as to the dailies – I was fine with how they were, but I like them even better now.
For the most part, I had no problem getting them before. The biggest change now is that I never worried about dodging. But, I was forced to learn and – lo and behold – I’m now doing it occasionally even when it’s not part of the dailies – and staying alive longer.

As for people going ape-sh&# because of some kind of insane idea that they are owed something from other players in order for them to finish their dailies – I think they should just be ignored – nothing stops a rant faster than no one responding.

That’s my 2-1/2 cents (inflation) at any rate.

Lady Rae – Matron Mother of Madness

John 1: 1-5, 9-14, 16-18

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wrenn Haldane.3208

Wrenn Haldane.3208

Here’s my suggestion on how to make the dailies and monthlies better (for the laurels rewards).

Basically, make the Laurel rewards for PvE, PvP and WvW. Then, whichever someone completes first (provided they complete it in the allotted time frame) that’s the Laurels they get.

For example, let’s say that tomorrow during my prime playing time my guild is having a WvW event. Of course, I would want to play with my guild. So why not have dailies for Laurel rewards tied in with WvW?

So I complete the WvW dailies and get my daily Laurel. This automatically turns off the Laurel rewards for PvP and PvE . . . because I completed the WvW dailies for the Laurel reward first.

This same concept can also be applied to the monthlies. Whichever you complete first . . that is what you get the Laurels for.

The way I see it, this allows players more freedom to not only do what they want, but also to experience more diverse challenges every day. It doesn’t penalize PvE-only players, because they can still get the same rewards as the people who primarily play in PvP and WvW. It would also help break up the monotony of being stuck doing the same PvE dailes every single day. Honestly, if I have to do that stupid “dodger” daily again, I am going to rip my hair out. (I play my Ranger the most, and I simply do not dodge nearly as much with my Ranger as I do with, for example, my Guardian . . so I end up switching off my Ranger to something else so I can complete that daily dodge as fast as possible.)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

i agree with what RiKShaw.8795 wrote.

nowadays over pampered kids complain too much.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lane.3410

Lane.3410

There are at least 4 zones you can get it in less than 2 minutes.

If you have to seriously stand around and wait for NPC to die you should probably level your character a little bit.

Yeah, that’s still having to go out of my way. There’s a difference between objectives that are intended to be completed through someone’s normal gameplay and what amounts to a daily ‘scavenger hunt’.

Near as I can tell, the new dailies aren’t meant to be completed through an individual’s normal gameplay unless your gameplay almost exclusively includes WvW or hanging out in Orr.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

There are at least 4 zones you can get it in less than 2 minutes.

If you have to seriously stand around and wait for NPC to die you should probably level your character a little bit.

Yeah, that’s still having to go out of my way. There’s a difference between objectives that are intended to be completed through someone’s normal gameplay and what amounts to a daily ‘scavenger hunt’.

Near as I can tell, the new dailies aren’t meant to be completed through an individual’s normal gameplay unless your gameplay almost exclusively includes WvW or hanging out in Orr.

make some extra characters and park them in various places.

not that hard right?

in Suggestions

RiKShaw.8795

Today I did a couple of story quests in Mount Maelstrom and the straits of devastation.

While I was doing wtf I wanted to do, I did the dailies.

If you want to run 1 dungeon over and over again then you aren’t earning the daily. You have got to work for the laurels. They are REwards not Awards.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

Some people barely have time for main toons, not sure about making alts.

Now looking at the list of updates, probably the best thing will happen: “With our new selectable achievement system, you’ll have a chance to set new daily challenges for yourself and to choose what kind of content you want to be rewarded for playing.”

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/february-2013/

Just leaving it here.

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

in Suggestions

Doomguard.5094

[quote=1386837;Lane.3410:]

in Suggestions

Posted by: keoma.5210

keoma.5210

If you can’t complete the dailies, they why do you even want the strongest gear? If you can’t play for 1 hour a day to complete a daily, then are you planning to play dungeons with that 1 hour you have at your disposal? Obviously not, if you don’t have time to play dungeons, then you don’t really need the strongest gear, which is in this case, ascended gear for fractals, which were intended solely for hardcore players to test their skill for end game.

I play wvw because that is what i like, but i need the equipment for being competitive. While i am working on the daily, i spend 1 hour on doing a job instead of playing the game, so 1 hour is very long, way too long time.

in Suggestions

RiKShaw.8795

I play wvw because that is what i like, but i need the equipment for being competitive. While i am working on the daily, i spend 1 hour on doing a job instead of playing the game, so 1 hour is very long, way too long time.

If you are unable to complete the dailies in the time that you play then you are incapable of earning the rewards from dailies.

in Suggestions

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Today I did a couple of story quests in Mount Maelstrom and the straits of devastation.

While I was doing wtf I wanted to do, I did the dailies.

If you want to run 1 dungeon over and over again then you aren’t earning the daily. You have got to work for the laurels. They are REwards not Awards.

And if today had been “Talk to the laurel Vendor day” and Crafting you would NOT have done “WTF” you wanted to in Mount Maelstrom and Straits.

Repeating your “mantras” is not going to change others perceptions. Hard, easy, fast, slow, doesn’t matter, its a scavenger hunt, in MY opinion. And while I may at times do it, it will never make it NOT one, nor will I ever have to like it. It is quite simply, annoying, and yes, for some people, it puts them in a position of doing activities they might hate with a passion.

Please note that I am not “suggesting” to you that you should find them annoying as well. I think it is fine and dandy that you like the dailies as they are, and I would never “suggest” that you have to think exactly as I do.

You made a point, long ago. If someone wants laurels, they have to play the game given them. That point being valid does not entitle you to utterly disrespect other peoples opinions to the point of being as insulting and argumentative as you come off.

Want respect? Give respect. All you have is an opinion. That doesn’t make you a Teacher, an arbiter of “right and wrong” or a sheriff “cleanin up da forumz”.

Nor does it give you leave to bluntly state what others may or may not “deserve” or be “incapable of” Anet will decide that. It’s not your call.

(edited by Teofa Tsavo.9863)

in Suggestions

Posted by: keoma.5210

keoma.5210

There are a lot of way to gain karma, whatever you do, sooner or later you can afford the karma equipments by just playing the game and having fun. In opposition to this, the laurel system forces you to do things what you don’t want to do. Having different token for every dungeon and every equipment makes it more time consuming, what might be good for someone, but it is not good for me, because i have less time to play wvw.

(edited by keoma.5210)