A proposal for Cantha in GW2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Elric.6971

Elric.6971

So I heard that part of why a Cantha district could not be placed in Divinity’s Reach at launch was due to the Asian Market’s protest about “blending too many Asian Cultures” as one. This seems like it could also be a huge roadblock for bringing back Cantha, while it seems dumb, it can be considered understandable.

But there is a solution: Cultures evolve, grow, and change over the years and yesterday’s generation can be indistinguishable from tomorrow’s, and Cantha has been separated from the rest of Tyria for a long time.

Basically: what if Cantha is NOT a unified empire anymore but has fractured into several, smaller nations, each one devoted to a specific Asian culture? What if the lack of non-humans resulted in the human groups and subcultures realizing how different they are and gradually drifting apart until they formed their own nations/sub-nations?

It would would, in theory, allow us to have Cantha with less concern about offending due to “cross cultural lumping.”

While this thread is meant for the devs to see, I would like to know what fellow players also think and their own input.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Plague The Blighted.4812

Plague The Blighted.4812

They lumped America and Europe together and created Ascalon. They lumped middle eastern countries and Africa together to get Elona. They lumped central and south America together and got Kryta. The rest of us did not complain. I don’t see what the big deal is really. I liked the look and feel of Cantha. Hope they bring it back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Because Asia has tensions with the ideals of a unified Asia. There have been political tensions and, in some cases, wars over the idea of a unified Asia. Cantha is potentially a personification of such an idea, and therefore is very rude to the political ideals of the Asian culture.