A way to make money in the Heart of the Mists?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Merciless.5349

Merciless.5349

Hi, I started a new character, got to lvl 2, earned 4 copper, and went straight in to PvP for the last week or so. Since then, I still have only 4 copper. Lol.

I wanted to make a new guild with some guys I met, but I did not have the funds to do so. Can we please get a method of earning money in PvP? I’m not looking to get rich off of doing it.

This is especially important down the line, if I ever do switch back to PvE, as I would be so far behind all my other brethren in their riches.

Thank you for reading.

in Suggestions

Merciless.5349

I will not believe that I’m the only person that this matters to. A lot of people choose PvP first, and then PvE. But then these people are kittened compared to those who started in PvE and were making money constantly, no matter how much it is.

Like I said, it doesn’t have to be large amounts or anything, but it’s a bit silly to still have only 4 Copper in a week. :/

in Suggestions

Posted by: Weirwynn.2390

Weirwynn.2390

Money is a PvE contrivance and has nothing to do with PvP. It does seem like a bit of an oversight that you cannot start a guild with PvP resources, but other than that, PvP and PvE are separate and should remain so.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bad Element.4613

Bad Element.4613

Wait, so you cant have a Pure PvP Guild in GW2????

Dang…. Im mostly a pve player who does pvp maybe 10% of the time or less and did not notice this grave difference between this game and its predecessor. I know lots of people do PURE PVP…. i would have expected ANet to cater to both crowds not just mine.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cyto.9401

Cyto.9401

uhum. you do make money in wvw which is kinda pvp, so give it a try, and help your server out while doing it.
if not, just do some pve for the 2 silver required to make a guild (should not take you more then 30mins max)

in Suggestions

Merciless.5349

What I’m thinking of is all those people who do PvP now are being left behind for when they do PvE, because we have no way to make money, other than selling dyes. And most of those are being sold for cheap.

Either way, I wish there was a way to convert Glory points in to currency for the PvE side, or just let us earn money by doing sPvP or tPvP.

I really want to focus on PvP right now with my guild, but when I do want to go over to PvE, I don’t want it to feel like I just bought the game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sundar.1735

Sundar.1735

One of the best aspects about Guild Wars 1 was that you could PvP and sell your Zaishen Keys and Strongboxes for gold which could subsequently be used to buy PvE items. This is how I got many titles for my GWAMM and also my 50 HoM, Chaos Gloves and so on and none of it felt like a grind to me because I never farmed PvE, I just PvP’d and sold my rewards, so ANet if you truly want GW2 to not feel grindy I think you should implement something like this for GW2. I know WvW can yield a substantial amount of PvE rewards but hardcore PvPers don’t really consider to be true PvP.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zzulu.5489

Zzulu.5489

sPvP is an afterthought currently

1; The armor you earn there is the exact same armor you get in PvE but it’s much harder to get. I had to PvP for like two weeks straight to get the dry bones set but I got it at level 30 after doing like an hour of hearts in PvE lol

2; You don’t earn any money at all so you can’t buy dyes or pets or gems or ANYTHING

3; You can’t wear your armor outside of the lobby so only in about 0.01% of the gameworld

4; Your custom colors and dyes get overpainted by the matchmaking system whenever you enter a game so you’ll always look the same

5; There are only THREE MAPS

If Arenanet insists on making sPvP so entirely separated from the rest of the game maybe they could have filled it out a bit more so it would be worth doing exclusively

in Suggestions

Merciless.5349

Zzulu, I agree with sPvP having those issues as well.

For money making though, I was thinking, along the lines of earning trophies in a match, currently you just earn purple Trophies or whatever, and they give you some Glory points. What about if they gave out actual trophies that we could sell to a PvP vendor for money?

Like, for example, if I were to earn 100+ points in a match, I’d get a trophy that is worth 20 Copper. Or more. Or whatever they feel like. Or, the other night, I had a match with about 8 kills, and no deaths, and over 120 points. Surely that should be worth a trophy and some money? I would hope so.

Either way, yea, I feel like we’re being left behind. I’m glad that they encourage PvE and WvW, and I will still do them, but I’d really like to focus just on sPvP for a while and not feel like I’m losing out on the rest of the game because I’m kittened by not earning any money. :/

in Suggestions

Posted by: GADefence.5634

GADefence.5634

How about the lot of you stop complaining.

You get free items.

You get free visual looks.

You get free bags that us in PvE have to pay for.

You have no repair bill (want to get money, fine, make items fail in sPvP and we’ll see how much you want that money).

Be quiet, and ask for improvements other then cash in sPvP – us in PvE are already complaining the cash often barely covers our costs or we have to walk everywhere.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

PvP is not about the money, but about the glory.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!