A way to stop the zerg in queensdale.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

The problem
Sadly, a lot of new players are getting overwhelmed by the rude players of the zergs, since they don’t allow you to kill 1 champion alone. That’s eventually leading to new players getting harassed just because 30 facerollers are greedy and selfish.

Right now, i got reported because i killed oakheart 3 times in a row, trying some skills on him as he’s the perfect target for some of my skills (slow, immobilize, etc).
Yeah… it’s getting that ridiculous, reported because you kill an enemy.

I’ve been noticing also how some new players are lvl 40 and leave the game because they were only following the zerg and got bored of killing the same enemies. They never left the map because the common sense told them “if so many high level players are doing this, is because must be the most fun content in the game, and it’s useless to do anything else”.

The Fix
Make champions loot And achievement only availible once in a month (same as world events work, behemoth, jormag claw… but daily). That way, the players won’t have a reason to farm the same 3-4 champions all over. Actually, they would go all over all the maps, populating tyria and helping players in a lot of other maps because they’d need to visit a lot of areas to complete the monthly achievement.

Take care.

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en español / Spanish raiding guides

(edited by Elrey.5472)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

The problem is NOT the zerg in the queensdale. The zerg in queensdale is just a symptom of the problem!

The problem is there is no real challenging content that gives reward that’s worth the time and effort spent.

And no to your suggestion. Your suggestion would punish the at level players a lot worse than the zerg.

First of the month rolls around, zerg does their train. Moves on to the next zone to zerg around in (hence the problem isn’t fixed if they’re just in another zone doing it).

Newcomer at the level of Queensdale gets with a group of other low level friends and kills the Champion Risen Oakheart when they’re all quite a few levels below him for the sheer challenge of it. When that newcomer at the level of Queensdale gets to the level below Oakheart a week later he decides he wants to solo that Champion Risen Oakheart. Gets no loot since he already did it that month despite having to spend upwards of five minutes on the fight. Meanwhile, zerg is off in Fireheart Rise getting loot, auto-attacking the enemy for no more than a few minutes with no real risk of dying.

See the problem there? The newcomer is punished because he’s doing content that’s at his level or above. The level 80 zerg has just moved on to another zone and are still getting rewards. And once they exhaust all zones, they’ll probably go do dungeons for the rest of the month or stop playing the game.

Until the reason for the zerg is addressed, the zerg will still exisit somewhere in the game.

And your reason for the level 40 leaving the game IS part of the true problem. The zerg train in Queensdale (and on Frostgorge on some servers) is just a symptom of the problem. The other part is people need mats and gold for crafting ascended gear and right now those two zones have the most profitable gold/time ratio.

(edited by Seera.5916)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

The fix? Keep interrupting the train and turn off chat. While they can report you, nothing is going to happen because you are playing the game as intended.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

in Suggestions

Posted by: Subdue.5479

Subdue.5479

There’s so much wrong with this post it’s laughable.

1. The zerg doesn’t own the map. Anyone is allowed to kill/fight whatever they want, whenever they want. That said, the game is designed to encourage people to work together.

2. Killing a champion is never against the rules, and people can report you until they’re blue in the face, and nothing will happen. However, harassing people is against the rules, and reporting them can have an effect.

3. You know what those players are trying to accomplish by farming champions in Queensdale. You also know what you’re trying to accomplish by soloing champions. If your goal is to practice your soloing ability, why not do so in some place less populated? Here is a list of champions you could have gone to instead: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_champions

4. How do you know people who both left the game game because they thought there was nothing better to do than Queensdale? Either A) you didn’t know them and just assume they quit, or did know them but never suggested that they do anything else.

5. Lol at limiting a drop of 3s and white/blue/green with a small possibility of a rare or exotic to once a month.

(edited by Subdue.5479)

in Suggestions

Seera.5916

The fix? Keep interrupting the train and turn off chat. While they can report you, nothing is going to happen because you are playing the game as intended.

That won’t fix the problem either. They’ll just either quit the game for a few hours or just deal with having to skip a champion or two for a bit. A vast majority of the zerg does not care if someone kills a champion out of turn because it’s likely a player just playing the game with no ill intent towards the train (such as the OP in this case).

I’d imagine if it was one player continuously sending in the reports for people who are not breaking the rules, they themselves might find themselves warned or punished for false reports.

However, if the zerg can gather enough proof that you are specifically killing the champions out of order, simply to grief other players, then you might have some problems. Griefing other players, if it can be proved is punishable.

And I have heard reports that on at least a few servers if you at least announce that you’re going to try to take on a zerg train champ and want to go it alone or in your small group, most of the time those in charge of the zerg will have the zerg skip that champion. Most aren’t rude little buggers. And if it’s just one time unannounced, most of the zerg train people will realize that it was just a player playing the game with no ill intent towards them.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

wanna kill the queensdale champ zerg? nerf the drops to zone-level/quality only out of the champ boxes.

Mind you, half the reason for that queensdale zerg over places like FGS is that all but 1 of those champs is tied in with an event, so a lot of the zerg is there karma farming as much as anything else.

Also a less repugnant fix would be making other zones more profitable for champ trains, higher base level will mean more karma gain etc. The only other event train that i knew besides queensdale and CS was in kessex hills which has also become 10 kinds of obnoxious about wanting to stall some events, etc for farming… recomended putting that mess in zones that people basically dont care about (dont go to, are usually empty, dont have meta bosses etc) brisban wildlands, lornar’s pass, timberline falls, etc

in Suggestions

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

simply remove those champs, or move them to a higher level map

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

The problem is NOT the zerg in the queensdale. The zerg in queensdale is just a symptom of the problem!

The problem is there is no real challenging content that gives reward that’s worth the time and effort spent.

Quoted for truth. What the game needs is more rewarding alternatives, rather than taking something that is popular away from players.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

They could also change the spawn timers of said champions, thus making them less profitable while still keeping the events in the game for new comers.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

If new players are soloing champs for funzies, i’d hesitate to call them ‘new players’. It means they have appropriate gear, appropriate builds and the experience to use them. And it means they have the experience under their belts that allowedd them to get to that level. Wich means it isn’t new players so much as old players with thin skin. If it isn’t reportable it isn’t a problem.

That goes for both views. Killing a champ isn’t a problem. Complaining about killing a champ also isn’t a problem. The way we do these things can be a problem but ther is already a solution when it is problem.

If new players limit themselves to one map without even finding out if there are high level players in other zones, a-net shouldn’t need to further cater to that rediculousness.

(edited by Dustfinger.9510)

in Suggestions

Seera.5916

If new players are soloing champs for funzies, i’d hesitate to call them ‘new players’. It means they have appropriate gear, appropriate builds and the experience to use them. And it means they have the experience under their belts that allowedd them to get to that level. Wich means it isn’t new players so much as old players with thin skin. If it isn’t reportable it isn’t a problem.

That goes for both views. Killing a champ isn’t a problem. Complaining about killing a champ also isn’t a problem. The way we do these things can be a problem but ther is already a solution when it is problem.

If new players limit themselves to one map without even finding out if there are high level players in other zones, a-net shouldn’t need to further cater to that rediculousness.

They could still be new players. Not the average new player, but still a new player nonetheless.

GW2 isn’t likely their first MMO as they’ll probably have some experience with how to evade and watching for tells, etc. But it could still very well be their first MMO and it just happens to come easy to them and they lucked into picking the best gear set up and skills, etc.

Simply complaining about a champ being killed out of order in and of itself isn’t a problem, but when the people turn on the person who killed the champ out of order and yelling at them and reporting them is a problem. It gives the vast majority of the Queensdale zerg train a bad rep when most of them don’t have a huge problem with people playing the game and they happen to kill off the champ.

What likely happened in the OP’s case is they probably thought he was derailing the train for the simple sake of derailing the train. Not to test out his skills. Three times in a row would be hard for most people to pass off as just a player going through the zone playing as intended.

(edited by Seera.5916)

in Suggestions

Dustfinger.9510

They could still be new players. Not the average new player, but still a new player nonetheless.

GW2 isn’t likely their first MMO as they’ll probably have some experience with how to evade and watching for tells, etc. But it could still very well be their first MMO and it just happens to come easy to them and they lucked into picking the best gear set up and skills, etc.

Simply complaining about a champ being killed out of order in and of itself isn’t a problem, but when the people turn on the person who killed the champ out of order and yelling at them and reporting them is a problem. It gives the vast majority of the Queensdale zerg train a bad rep when most of them don’t have a huge problem with people playing the game and they happen to kill off the champ.

What likely happened in the OP’s case is they probably thought he was derailing the train for the simple sake of derailing the train. Not to test out his skills. Three times in a row would be hard for most people to pass off as just a player going through the zone playing as intended.

Sure, it is possible a new player is the video game prodigy. Enough prodigies to warrant a game change? I doubt it.

People aren’t required to be nice and polite. You won’t fix that. But if it gest harrassing there is already a fix for thet. How is a report a probelm if the devs ignore those reports? So really his idea is to fix peoples “rude behavior”. I say that’s a waste of time and energy.

in Suggestions

Seera.5916

Sure, it is possible a new player is the video game prodigy. Enough prodigies to warrant a game change? I doubt it.

People aren’t required to be nice and polite. You won’t fix that. But if it gest harrassing there is already a fix for thet. How is a report a probelm if the devs ignore those reports? So really his idea is to fix peoples “rude behavior”. I say that’s a waste of time and energy.

Please read my previous posts in this thread. I am against the proposed change. Because it will not solve the problem. It’s just a symptom of the problem and the proposed change would hurt the person who is at the level of Queensdale more than it would hurt the zerg train runners. I’d rather time and energy be spent fixing the problem than just treating a symptom.

And I’m fully aware that rude people will be rude no matter what and that it would take too much effort to get rid of the rude people. Which is why I just say report them and move on if the person feels the other player went too far.

in Suggestions

Dustfinger.9510

Please read my previous posts in this thread. I am against the proposed change. Because it will not solve the problem. It’s just a symptom of the problem and the proposed change would hurt the person who is at the level of Queensdale more than it would hurt the zerg train runners. I’d rather time and energy be spent fixing the problem than just treating a symptom.

And I’m fully aware that rude people will be rude no matter what and that it would take too much effort to get rid of the rude people. Which is why I just say report them and move on if the person feels the other player went too far.

So what was the point of your response to my post?

in Suggestions

Seera.5916

So what was the point of your response to my post?

Partially agreeing and disagreeing with it. I noted a point where I disagreed with it (you said it wasn’t a new player who would be soloing a champion, I disagreed). Then I noted where I agreed: the whole killing a champ and complaining about killing a champ wasn’t a problem, it’s the how and/or why it was done that’s the problem.

in Suggestions

Dustfinger.9510

Partially agreeing and disagreeing with it. I noted a point where I disagreed with it (you said it wasn’t a new player who would be soloing a champion, I disagreed). Then I noted where I agreed: the whole killing a champ and complaining about killing a champ wasn’t a problem, it’s the how and/or why it was done that’s the problem.

Okay Seera. You are right. Out of the infinite number of possibilities in the universe, it is possible for a new player to stumble upon the correct build with the correct armor and them to have an intuitive grasp of what needs to be done.

However, what I said is that I’d hesitate to call them new becasue of all the factors that it would take for a new player to accomplish that. So the possibility is already implied and accounted for while me saying that it isn’t new players is directly addressing the “alot of new players” the OP is talking about. Which you actually agreed with me on becasue you also admit they aren’t the average new player. So there wouldn’t be alot of them.

in Suggestions

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

There is nothing wrong with the Queensdale champ farm.

There is nothing that needs to be stopped.

If someone says something reportable, then report, don’t come here and blame the farm on what one person said. It is a individual, not the whole entire zerg.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

in Suggestions

Dustfinger.9510

There is nothing wrong with the Queensdale champ farm.

There is nothing that needs to be stopped.

If someone says something reportable, then report, don’t come here and blame the farm on what one person said. It is a individual, not the whole entire zerg.

This ^

If it’s not reportable then it isn’t actually a problem.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

wanna kill the queensdale champ zerg? nerf the drops to zone-level/quality only out of the champ boxes.

This is probably the better fix. Zergs would have no reason to go there and the area would be again for the new players. And 20-30 new players against the events, using the map, should be enough to kill them, as i guess it’s the intended way.

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en español / Spanish raiding guides

in Suggestions

Posted by: imsoenthused.1634

imsoenthused.1634

If I’m doing the Queensdale zerg it’s because I want Karma, fast. There are better ways to level and better ways to aquire items. Nerfing the drops wouldn’t stop me from doing it. I also do it fairly regularly to knock out my daily event requirement. Once again, nerfing the drops wouldn’t change that.

Not going to argue morality of the zerg. Some people hate it, some people love it, some people are indifferent to it. Nobody gets to claim their opinion is “right”.

All morons hate it when you call them a moron. – J. D. Salinger

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

Just make mentor events, (ones lower level than you), completable only once per day per character. You would only get event completion and karma from the first run around the circuit. Most players won’t want to rotate characters for a train.

Trains are fine if people are enjoying them, but they should be in high level areas. If the devs could deliberately tweak existing events to craft a few rapid-repeatable event chains in high level maps to replace this, it could bring some life to places where it’s actually needed.

I should be writing.