ALL changes shown when patch releases?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Thunderbrew.7034

Thunderbrew.7034

Title says it all. Last few patches have had changes not
shown in the patch notes, and it seems to be a normal
occurrence.

Can we get every change detailed in the patch notes?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

Agreed. It would help build back the trust that has been broken between so many players and Anet. When they make fixes, chances are we’d love to hear about them. By showing reluctance in telling us what the fixes were, it naturally causes suspicion.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blueshield.6291

Blueshield.6291

Agreed, stealth patches are never a good thing. I can’t conceive of any viable reason not to share update information with players, even on minor hotfix-style patches.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ChaK.3254

ChaK.3254

Signed.

Make a proper, long and clear patch note please.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Thunderbrew.7034

Thunderbrew.7034

I for one would read every word, even if the changes spanned
20 pages. Maybe its not realized that people will take the
time to study it all.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jezath.7395

Jezath.7395

alot of these patches are just maintenence and a new .exe is downloaded each time.

Tis not what they can do for you
Tis only what you can do for all

in Suggestions

Posted by: Galrenmar.7025

Galrenmar.7025

occurrence.

So, the patch notes should say things like:

‘Changed shade of tunics from #FF000 hex to #FF001 hex’
‘Turned the staff models 90 degrees to correct clipping issues’
‘Changed network architecture to solve issues with client-server packet transfer’.
‘Replaced hard-drives on three server clusters’.
‘Ran anti-virus and defrag on server systems’.

Why would we need to know all of this stuff, again?

in Suggestions

Blueshield.6291

occurrence.

So, the patch notes should say things like:

‘Changed network architecture to solve issues with client-server packet transfer’.

Why would we need to know all of this stuff, again?

Straw man argument, fails every time.

Nobody’s asking for technical minutiae. What we’re asking for is a heads-up on any change made.

‘Changed shade of tunics.’ would suffice. Also, ANet isn’t wasting man-hours on changing art assets’ colors by imperceptible amounts, so this one is irrelevant and silly.

That looks like a perfectly ordinary patch note item to me.

Changes performed solely server-side are not included in client updates, so these are pointless things to bring up in this discussion. We obviously don’t need to know specific details about routine server maintenance.

In the case of client updates which solely reflect a new executable with no changes – as is the case with the routine miniscule updates – patch notes need only indicate that no changes were made.

(edited by Blueshield.6291)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Signed for any skill alterations. Even if it’s something like the change in RTL pathing a while back, it backs a big difference.

in Suggestions

Posted by: The Blue Ace.2850

The Blue Ace.2850

Agree, I would like to know what I’m getting myself into before I spent hours then learn there has been a stealth Nerf to drop rates.

Yes I’m looking at you bots!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

in Suggestions

Blueshield.6291

I think it’s safe to say that everyone in this thread is very happy with the quality and level of detail in patch notes for major content updates. We appreciate the effort on those!

What we’re really referring to are consistent patch notes for smaller updates, such as hotfixes.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Since you posted this, I think its a great opportunity to point out exactly what this topic is about.

In reading the forums, I’ve read about at least 2 unlisted changes that went live with the patch, but are nowhere to be found in the patch notes.

For Elementalist, mainhand Dagger #3 (Magnetic Grasp) is now a 2-part attack, where using the attack once immobilizes the enemy, and pressing the button a second time activates the effect of pulling your character to the enemy. Previously it was one single thing, you would automatically be pulled in as soon as you activated the attack (assuming it connected with the enemy).

For Ranger, pet F2 cooldowns have been adjusted / fixed so that pet swapping no longer ignores cooldown and resets F2 abilities.

These aren’t minor changes like “slightly altered the color of an NPC” or background changes to the way the server calculates attack patterns or whatever. Those sorts of changes I’d say “Yah, fine, we don’t need to know”. These are actual changes to the way skills the players have behave. They shouldn’t be slipped in under the radar.

(edited by Electro.4173)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

Electro just hit the nail on the head. EVERY change to abilities, the math used on abilities, etc…must be in patch notes plain as day.
Anything less feels like you are hiding things from us.

The introduction of ascended items cost you a LOT in terms of player loyalty. Simply put your word is no longer trusted and won’t be till you stop hiding things from the players.

For the love of all that is holy get a kitten test server up so these changes can be tested before going live (the UI changes are virtually universally hated by everyone I know and game with in regards to forced daily tracker, event tracker, and hero panel stat changes). The masses need to test your updates, not the in-house crew. It has been proven by every MMO developer that the in-house crew has a tendency to just go along with updates rather than challenge them from every angle.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Panda.1967

Panda.1967

Electro… I would like to announce that the change to Ranger Pet F2 Skill is false. I can use my F2, switch pets, and use my next pets F2 immediately, switch back once F4 is off cooldown and my first pets F2 will be off cooldown as well even though it’s a 30 second cooldown and F4 is only a 20 second…

that asside…. yes… ALL changes must be listed in patch notes… no matter how minor of a change it may be… if it in any way affects gameplay or the appearance of stuff it must be listed in the patch notes. If skill X is buffed or nerfed by 1 point of damage at it’s base value, it’s still worth listing, because 1 point of base damage can be the difference between defeating an enemy on your last point of health or being defeated yourself. If someone has become accustomed to a skill having a damage value of X and it’s base is reduced by 1 it may reduce their current by say 150… that loss of 150 damage can turn thier confidence in their skills into overconfidence due to disinformation.

Please stop assuming I’m a guy… I am female.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Elise Lestat.6390

Elise Lestat.6390

Making the Ascended items so easy to get now is horrible. FOTM means you actually were somewhat decent at the game, and had to work as a team through them. Now, everyone and their grandmas can just mindlessly do easy tasks to get them… bad move, in my opinion. Luckily, I’ve only been doing them since last Wednesday and have my items at lvl 21. The only things I’ll go for now are a few more skins……….. by this logic, legendaries should be that much easier to obtain as well. What’s the point of having my pink items if now every moron in the game has them? Yes, it ruins it for people that are good at the game.

-Dungeon Master (270 hours, would have been quicker had Arah not been bugged)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Catisa.6507

Catisa.6507

FOTM means you actually were somewhat decent at the game, and had to work as a team through them.

Sorry not everyone wants to dungeon grind their lives away. Fractals IMO are boring, simplistic and unimaginative, while slightly better then the dungeons that launched with GW2 they are still amongst the worst offerings by an MMO.
Having alternate paths to gear should have existed from the start, not rolled out piece meal. WvW players are still waiting …

AR

in Suggestions

Blueshield.6291

FOTM means you actually were somewhat decent at the game, and had to work as a team through them.

Sorry not everyone wants to dungeon grind their lives away. Fractals IMO are boring, simplistic and unimaginative, while slightly better then the dungeons that launched with GW2 they are still amongst the worst offerings by an MMO.
Having alternate paths to gear should have existed from the start, not rolled out piece meal. WvW players are still waiting …

Exactly. At the start, ANet was loud in proclaiming that GW2 would let players play how they want. The fact that dungeons were the only source of the top tier of gear for three months is exceptional on that basis alone.

More importantly, this hasn’t made ascended back items any less of a prestige symbol or an indicator of dedication. Ascended rings were never an indicator of skill – they merely indicated that a player was willing to grind the same dungeon for 10 days. How is completing dailies different?

in Suggestions

Posted by: BadHabitZz.1856

BadHabitZz.1856

Theres not a single mention about new model for Corrupted Shortbow which is now kittened up big time. I want my gold or mats back or please give me option to have old model i get the bow for the old model not the new ugly one….I dont care it looks same as long bow many bows does (accualy only shortbows models which looks good are the one which looks like longbows). Atleast make some mini-version but the model doesnt look like something which costs 40g its quite embarrassing actually….