Arena's

Arena's

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

arenas for rank points rank and none rank like random arena 3vs 3 5 vs 5 PLSS we had those in guild wars 1 its all i played .

Arena's

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zodian.6597

Zodian.6597

i do agree that this would be a fun option to have, but we need a higher player population before we can implement new game types.

Neglekt

Arena's

in Suggestions

Posted by: Apex.9518

Apex.9518

Yes, and you wont get higher player population until you improved this game. With arenas, ladder, obs mode, private servers, for example…

Arena's

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sylosi.6503

Sylosi.6503

Arena is dull and adds balancing issues, though they could do with other game types like capture the flag.

Arena's

in Suggestions

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Arena is dull and adds balancing issues, though they could do with other game types like capture the flag.

Could argue Conquest is boring and adds balancing issues. =p

Arena's

in Suggestions

Posted by: josephsora.4579

josephsora.4579

I don’t think arena 3v3 5v5 etc is good for gw2 because of the game mechanism. You know, gw2 don’t have role concept such as healer like gw1.

Arena team-death-match style with no re-spawn will just end up with focusing fire, zerging or facerolling since most of the healing skill are for self only and the amount of heal is low (at least for any non-bunker build you can’t out heal any 2 enemies, or even one enemy), which makes focus fire tactics extremely efficient.

So if gw2 really wants to introduce team death match arena 3v3, 5v5, etc, I think we need a big change of all damaging and healing skill, and redesign the cc skill to prevent excessively long cc-chain duration.

Arena's

in Suggestions

Posted by: dimyzuka.7051

dimyzuka.7051

really want arenas and a dueling system.

+1 for dueling in the mists.
+1 for 3v3 or 2v2 deathmatch

Arena's

in Suggestions

Posted by: Follidus.8027

Follidus.8027

They’re more than likely to add arenas for fun in the future, just don’t expect it to be balanced. They need to focus on other things right now.

When private servers come out you can essentially have arenas though. Just saying.

Cause I ain’t perfect, I never said I was.
But now they’re hating cause a brotha finally got some buzz
www.twitch.tv/Follidus – Team Absolute Legends

Arena's

in Suggestions

Posted by: Panther Chameleon.8465

Panther Chameleon.8465

i do agree that this would be a fun option to have, but we need a higher player population before we can implement new game types.

Probably have a higher population if pvp rewards weren’t a joke and there was more to do than stand on points and roam.

" I like to let people talk who like to talk. It makes it

Arena's

in Suggestions

Posted by: Panther Chameleon.8465

Panther Chameleon.8465

Could argue Conquest is boring and adds balancing issues. =p

Right? First thing nay-sayers complain about is qq and balance. Yet, conquest and pvp in general is undergoing some pretty big changes and has since beta. So, why not Zoidberg? No Zoidberg because then tpvp be unbalanced and everyone qq! We need to balance rabble rabble rabble.

" I like to let people talk who like to talk. It makes it

Arena's

in Suggestions

Posted by: R E F L H E X.8413

R E F L H E X.8413

So if gw2 really wants to introduce team death match arena 3v3, 5v5, etc, I think we need a big change of all damaging and healing skill, and redesign the cc skill to prevent excessively long cc-chain duration.

It really just needs a few skill swaps for the gametype upon entering.

You really don’t want as many aoe blowouts and things like temporal curtain ruining positioning 100% of the time. So those would get swapped upon entering arenas/gvg to a more suitable skill for those formats.

Then you got to bring the god forsaken damage down a it because things like hundred blades doing aoe when the targets will be somewhat closer together as a team will be superhero half or full team kills in one move garbage.

Maybe add in dimishing returns, although this may not be required.

I’d like to see bunkers changed from excessive self healing to more party healing/protect which won’t happen but also good for this gameplay at highly competitive levels of play.

Something that is made to stand around uselessly on a cap point doesn’t really fit into that gameplay well, even though I’m sure guardians can find something to play other than bunker. The bunker design is made for this terrible conquest gametype.

Team slayer would be completely terrible and on the same level as spvp, normal deathmatch/arenas would need to be done a bit differently with downed states/ressing and (ressing from full death is the same speed as downed), allow certain rally moves like illusion of life and war banner (the skill ones) to effect full deaths, and maybe remove normal rallies upon killing an opponent would be more ideal for this gameplay.

Team slayer would be the same respawn and run to the fight that is currently 1v4 from players dieing crap, it needs to be arenas like guildwars1 which is more quality than a team slayer idea I seen thrown around.

This game is heavily based on cap points, alot of kitten that move your opponents bodies off of them by throwing them around (not good for positioning in gvg/arenas and would kitten it up with too much of this), bunkers being made to stand in one spot and tank damage (on the cap point) in general it’s a support role that is very kittening selfish and only wants to support itself, further making players feels more seperated from players on their own kitten team, I felt like I was running around ina dueling zone just waiting for one other player to cross me, NOT PLAYING A TEAM GAME. Lots of aoe since the cap point will be stood on to fight, this is critical to understand for landing your dragon tooths, I landed the majority of my dragon tooths but people seem to complain about dragon tooth because they use it on people that are running away not actively fighting over a cap point.

I can’t say I don’t like conquest because “xxx” is wrong with it. nearly everything about the gameplay is wrong with it when it comes to guildwars 2. It’s kind of like starwars, who the kitten were those other bad guys other than darth vader? Where did the force (domination) go? Oh and you can’t forget this one, why the kitten is conquest guildwars 2’s main pvp system and only spvp system, it doesn’t make any sense.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJlbPXZEpRE

I got another good one for you, why did mesmers go from being the class that had to run to save his kitten to being the one that is played good by standing still trying to act like a brainless NPC? I have a lot of mesmer complaints, but that is just one aside from losing the force. I’ve done accepted the fact that this game was a big inside joke on good guildwars players and moved on over a month ago.

There is some good news though, There is two subclasses of the original mesmer. One is the illusionist. The other is the psychic. The psychic could bring back real mesmer gameplay if the class is introduced as its own class. For the dom (psychic/power/control) players, the mesmer in this game doesn’t even begin to fill your role in the most basic of sense of the profession you want to play.

The devs try to say more pew pew less QQ but they removed all the kittening “pew pew” as we know it from guildwars 1. I say if you want to see people pew pew, you gotta re-enter it back into the kittening game first.

I was one of those psychic players, and because of this the majority of mmo’s including guildwars 2 pvp is garbage to me. Guildwars 1 is the only game that has a proper psychic class that functions how a control SHOULD function (were talking early 2010 late 2009 mesmer) and is possibly the best and most well designed control class ever made in any mmo. Until another game figures out proper control and makes a solid class gameplay similar to the domination mesmer, their pvp will be subpar to guildwars 1 regardless of gametypes.

I must’ve missed the sign that said it was a fire sale.

(edited by R E F L H E X.8413)

Arena's

in Suggestions

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

Arena is a must if this game wants a pvp population.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

Arena's

in Suggestions

Posted by: Trigr.6481

Trigr.6481

And what will bring them back, cookies and milk? New game types is what brings people back. In addition to fixing the bugs and balance issues

Arena's

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

I was in the 5v5 arenas the other days and we started just dueling. Not only was it respectful but a learning exp. We didn’t worry about the points etc. Heads up no running away build v build skill vs skill. Honestly more than the other things I would like more of this.

Edit:
Arenas

Will allow support to finally shine. Will be a better skill challenge than conquer in the general sense. It might also bring the community together and allow different builds to enter the fray and be useful.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

(edited by TheGuy.3568)

Arena's

in Suggestions

Posted by: R E F L H E X.8413

R E F L H E X.8413

I can’t add to the bottom of my last post so I will do it here.

They made all players think more intensively, have to instantly find other ways of doing things when the mesmer screwed up their initial plans. Including the mesmer for foresight of knowing what is going to happen next to stop it.

Also our blocks went from around 12 sec recharges to like 90 second recharges. Think of how this effects things like thief spikes, since you are on nearly a two minute recharge before you can block again!

Gw1 sins would have been stupidly op with the removal of monks protection skills, interrupts, and making blocks recharges 9 times longer. I mean stupidly op. Unplayable type op. Kind of like thiefs, even though I didn’t find them that bad. You can also somewhat forget about dervishes in this environment unless you are considering you have a hammer kding him 24/7. Hell they kind of already removed the ability to rupt dervs without having to predict them by using annoying ways of rupting for large battles like gvg by two things 1.) more unpredictable by adrenaline based, and they always are attack speed increased it seems because they attack at nearly uninterruptable speeds now).

The lessening of interrupts and turning gw1 into a more gw2 type game is what turned me off of gw1. Keep gw1 gw1 and whatever you do with gw2 is whatever, not many gw1 players even care about gw2 anymore. They need to not be guildwars 1 trying to be more like gw2. If anything that needs to be reversed, because this game went back more than just a few steps as far as skill requirements goes.

I must’ve missed the sign that said it was a fire sale.

(edited by R E F L H E X.8413)