Ability to Create Unique Weapons and Armor

in Suggestions

Posted by: Garrus.9803

Garrus.9803

One way to add a lot to the crafting system without any drastic changes would be the ability to craft unique weapons and armor. Players would be able to customize the appearance of what they craft, assign the stats they want, and give a unique name to whatever they create. Now of course there would be a way to balance this system and player crafted gear wouldn’t be superior to regular gear, but it would be a nice addition to the game. My basic plan was this:

The metal/fabric used in the creation of the gear would determine its basic damage/armor stats. Ex: weapons crafted with Mirthril have a high damage stat while ones crafted with bronze have a low damage stat.

By using gems or another item the player can add addition stats like toughness or vitality but they are limited on the number of stats they can add in order to prevent players from making overpowered weapons. Rarer gems would add more stats.

Once the stats are set the player can then customize the appearance of the weapon through a system similar to character creation.

Finally the player gives a name to the weapon.

This would add a lot of flavor to the game without breaking it. Also, if a player is unhappy with the stats on the gear available to them they can simply craft gear, or pay someone to craft gear, with the stats they want.

Feedback is appreciated

in Suggestions

Posted by: BLUcorp.6970

BLUcorp.6970

It’s not a bad idea, but it wouldn’t work for this game.

The biggest problem would be that crafting would become the most efficient way to obtain the best stat and cosmetic gear. If you could pick whatever stats you wanted to put on items, and ontop of that customize the look to what you want there would be no need to do any of the other available methods to obtaining gear.

in Suggestions

Posted by: FurMaz.1645

FurMaz.1645

So, I could make a wide, long focus and dye it black…
Call it a big black…
I’m not gonna say it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Syphenion.5064

Syphenion.5064

Reminds me of Borderland 2, with it’s gazillion combinations of weapons. That’d be nice to see on Guild Wars 2, actually, though they should only be restricted to these unique crafted items, not dropped everywhere.

¸.•´¸.¤•*´¨) ¸.•*¨”˜`”°ºooº°””˜`”°ºooº°””˜`
(¸.•´ (¸.•Alloy~ Piken Square Roleplayer~

in Suggestions

Garrus.9803

It’s not a bad idea, but it wouldn’t work for this game.

The biggest problem would be that crafting would become the most efficient way to obtain the best stat and cosmetic gear. If you could pick whatever stats you wanted to put on items, and ontop of that customize the look to what you want there would be no need to do any of the other available methods to obtaining gear.

I was thinking that this gear would only be comparable to Blues or Greens depending on the items used. And that the appearance customization would be limited so that most end game armors are still unique in their appearance.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

So, you can now craft customized armor with the stats you want, removing any need of transmutation stones and cutting in to the microtransactions that keep the game running. Oh, and while you’re hurting the company that gives you this great game, you can also spit on their artists more than the people who blank out their art with sensor-bar black dye on everything.

How far that little candle throws its beams!
So shines a good deed in a naughty world.
- William Shakespear

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

So, you can now craft customized armor with the stats you want, removing any need of transmutation stones and cutting in to the microtransactions that keep the game running. Oh, and while you’re hurting the company that gives you this great game, you can also spit on their artists more than the people who blank out their art with sensor-bar black dye on everything.

All of the armor in GW1 was customised (lol)

in Suggestions

Garrus.9803

As I said I don’t think player-crafted gear should be nearly as powerful as endgame gear. If a player wanted to keep the unique appearance and name of their weapon but wanted better stats they would need a transmutation stone to do it. This was just my 2-cents on a random idea I had. In no way was I intending to “hurt” Arena Net or “spit” on their artists.