Account bound dyes.

Account bound dyes.

in Suggestions

Posted by: JubeiTM.5763

JubeiTM.5763

P.s. there should also be an achievement added for unlocking all dyes this way!

Rainbow Pony

Account bound dyes.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

+1
I would love that. It would make me actually want to collect dyes.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

Account bound dyes.

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheMagickDoll.7594

TheMagickDoll.7594

Dyes should have been account bound to begin with.

Account bound dyes.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Charismatic Harm.9683

Charismatic Harm.9683

I just read a post on it and I actually have my own idea that I’d like to suggest outside that post.

To make dyes account bound would be silly as the market would get flooded with dyes as it would only take 1 dye to unlock it account wide. So to get around the issue of that myself and a friend came up with a great idea!

Abyss dye (account bound).
How?
Get 4 abyss dyes and throw them in the forge and get 1 account bound abyss dye that unlocks on all character slots.

This would in turn actually increase the sales on all dyes and give players the account wide dye unlocks we have all been wanting.

+1 if you like and drop a reply to keep this suggestion on page 1 in the forums.

This is actually one of the best ideas I’ve seen regarding Account Bound Dyes. Most threads are just complaint threads stating “lies” or ways that Anet isn’t “sticking to the ideals set forth in the manifesto”.

The only suggestion that I would add to it is that these Account Bound Dyes are truly Account Bound….meaning that once they’re created, they cannot be sold. Individual Soulbound and Unidentified Dyes can, of course, still continue to be traded freely.

Several other possibilities for Mystic Forge recipes could include:

• 3x of the same dye + some Mystic Forge item (Eldritch Scroll / Bloodstone Shard / etc.) = Account Bound version of dye
  • 3x random dye + some Mystic Forge item = random Account Bound dye
    • This method would play to the gamblers in the game that want to try for an expensive dye using cheap inputs, but would be very risky due to the random nature of receiving something you already have and cannot sell.
Guild: Member of Charter Vanguard [CV]
Logic will never win an argument on the forums…..only a sense of entitlement will.