Account wide Waypoints !

Account wide Waypoints !

in Suggestions

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

I love Guild Wars 2 but, since everything in this kitten game is now being stream lined to be minable / doable by a single character per day, I say unlock all way points for all my alts account wide when you reach 100% world completion on your main leave the hearts and vistas on a per character basis.

If my alts do NOT have the right to the same rewards per day as my main than the point of it being a completely new and entirely different character is NULLIFIED

Account wide Waypoints !

in Suggestions

Posted by: Septemptus.7164

Septemptus.7164

It’s not a bad idea. I would love this for sure.

Account wide Waypoints !

in Suggestions

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

That would make every map completion following your first way too easy.

Account wide Waypoints !

in Suggestions

Posted by: Genavelle.9516

Genavelle.9516

Why would you do this…This game is meant to immerse you into the game, into Tyria. When you log in to your character, you’re supposed to be logging into that person with their storyline and their life. It’s not just “oh this is my main and this is my alt and they’re all ME” That’s not the purpose of rpg. So when you’re leveling up an alt, it’s like starting over as a whole new person with no knowledge of your first character. You don’t have free map completion because that character, that person, literally has not been to those places yet. One of Anet’s goals for this game was to be enjoyable for all types of players, including those who enjoy experiencing different characters, storylines, etc.

So it wouldn’t really make sense to give all your alts a free pass on world exploration just because you did it once. Not to mention a Gift of Exploration is required for legendary weapons, and then you would never be able to earn those after your first character.

I am a WvW player.
Maguuma Server
Ranger and Necromancer.

Account wide Waypoints !

in Suggestions

Posted by: stemare.2578

stemare.2578

I disagree. The hard part of map completion are hearts/vistas/WvW maps/PoI, unlock waypoints is the easiest part.

+1 to the OP!

Stemare ~ Guardian ~ lv80 ~ Far Shiverpeaks
Ci Assediamo Da Soli [SIGH] ~ Officier

Account wide Waypoints !

in Suggestions

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

I disagree. The hard part of map completion are hearts/vistas/WvW maps/PoI, unlock waypoints is the easiest part.

+1 to the OP!

So having to actually travel to hearts/vistas/pois was instant for your first time? -_-

Account wide Waypoints !

in Suggestions

Posted by: Septemptus.7164

Septemptus.7164

+1 to the OP!

So having to actually travel to hearts/vistas/pois was instant for your first time? -_-

If you want to spend few gold you could be a very little bit quicker, but over all it would not be OP and it would give people with alts a way to participart with guild missions by any character once one of their characters mawe 100% map.

Account wide Waypoints !

in Suggestions

Genavelle.9516

+1 to the OP!

If you want to spend few gold you could be a very little bit quicker, but over all it would not be OP and it would give people with alts a way to participart with guild missions by any character once one of their characters mawe 100% map.

This still defeats the purpose of exploring the map. And if your character doesn’t have a specific area explored/open yet, why should you be able to magically transport there to help with a guild mission, or for any reason? I mean if you had all wps available you would never have to actually travel anywhere. I mean you could just teleport.

Anyways, I don’t think Anet is ever going to do this and you’d make better use of your time mapping.

I am a WvW player.
Maguuma Server
Ranger and Necromancer.

Account wide Waypoints !

in Suggestions

Posted by: stemare.2578

stemare.2578

This still defeats the purpose of exploring the map. And if your character doesn’t have a specific area explored/open yet, why should you be able to magically transport there to help with a guild mission, or for any reason? I mean if you had all wps available you would never have to actually travel anywhere. I mean you could just teleport.

Anyways, I don’t think Anet is ever going to do this and you’d make better use of your time mapping.

This is not a valid point, otherwise no account bound item/title/skin etc. would have any sense.
And why is bad not being force to travel trought the whole map whit an alt? If you want to, just do it.

Stemare ~ Guardian ~ lv80 ~ Far Shiverpeaks
Ci Assediamo Da Soli [SIGH] ~ Officier

Account wide Waypoints !

in Suggestions

Genavelle.9516

This is not a valid point, otherwise no account bound item/title/skin etc. would have any sense.
And why is bad not being force to travel trought the whole map whit an alt? If you want to, just do it.

This has nothing to do with account-bound items. Map completion is part of character progression whereas items are just items. Each new character is a brand new slate, and especially because of things like exploration achievements, gift of exploration, it wouldn’t be fair or make sense to make mapping easier just because you’ve done it once. Essentially, when you map as it is you HAVE to run all over the place…to find every heart, vista, poi, portal to the next map, etc. If you already had all the waypoints, you don’t have to do that. You just waypoint everywhere. I mean you could waypoint straight from The Grove to Cursed Shore. You’d die within 2 seconds, but point is level 2s should not be able to get into Orr. Just doesn’t make sense. This would also really mess up the whole immersion of the game, as I already pointed out. The whole point of a mmoRPG is more than for you to sit there, click, and see how fast you can complete everything/make money. It’s about the role-playing. It’s about BEING your character, living their story, and their growth. You don’t get to see them actually exploring the world and being a real character in a real world if you can waypoint to anywhere in the entire map of Tyria.

Plus, there is literally no good reason for this other than people being lazy and not wanting to map again.

I am a WvW player.
Maguuma Server
Ranger and Necromancer.