Accountbound Tools 4 All

Accountbound Tools 4 All

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

The one most thign that annoys me about accoutnbound Gathering Tools, what the name of them itsrlf tells, but what currently in real isn#t sadly the case is, that those gathering tools don#t work like real account tools.

If you buy one, you can only share them with your characters in a real uncomfortable way with characters from your same account.
This forces you to always move the gathering tool from Character A to the Accoutn Chest and from there to Character B and vice versa, everytime you want to change, which character should use the accountbound gathering tool

But thats not the point, what I understand, or rather said, what i do expect from a tool, that is accountbound and should be comfortable to use as a quality of life improvement in the game.
——

An accountbound gathering tool, lets take for exampelnow the dreamthistle log axe currently, should be at the moment you want to equip that item, AUTOMATICALLY EQUIPPED WITH ALL[/u] OF THE CHARACTERS FROM THE ACCOUNT

Example.

An Account has like 8 Characters. Player X owns currently no accountbound gatherign tool.
All of his characters are equipped with various amounts of Orihalcum Log Axes.
Say for exampel all 8 have one equipped with exactly 50 usages left open from 100.

Now player X buys the dreamthistle Log axe and equips it… the following happens with the current system:

Now we have 1 Character with a Dreamthistle Axe and 7 which are still equiped with their 50/100 Orihalcum Log Axes.
—-

Now to my improvment I want to see happen and what i personalyl expect from an accountbound tool is:

The moment i buy the accountbound gatherign tool from the HSop and equip it with the first character that I play with happens following:

All 8 Characters get instantly equipped the new accountbound log axe.
The previous 8 50/100 Orihalcum Log Axes get turned into 4 100/100 Orihalcum Log Axes and are played in the characters inventory that you play at the moment.

if the inventory as not enough space for the,, the player will get asked, if the game should delete the stacks, that don’t fit into the inventory, giving the player the chance to remove somethign different from the inventory to make space for the Orihalcum Log Axes, if the player decides to change back one day from the accountbound tool to a normal one.

Thats the way how these sccountbound tools should work in this game.

The same goes for the accountbound salvaging tool.
Once you buy this item, it shouldn’t take up inventory space of a player.
The accountbound salvaging should just be integrated into a COMMAND, that you can use by right clicking an item that you simple want to salvage.
Why is there the stupid need to clutter the inventory full with an item that needs inventory space, when all what we need with this accountbound tool is just the FUNCTION alone to be able to unendlessly salvage items if we want to do so – and the most easy way to do that exactly, would be just by a right click on the item and choose SALVAGE.
Finish!

Anet, why do you make it yourself more complicated, than needed???

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

Accountbound Tools 4 All

in Suggestions

Posted by: jsduke.6537

jsduke.6537

too long. didn’t read.

The gathering tools are Account Bound. What you do with that is up to you. They are working as intended and don’t need a fix.

They used to be soul bound, but were made account bound with the introduction of new gathering tools. They did this so that players could move the tools around on alts if they liked a new tool better.

This change was suggested by players in forums, and ANet was kind enough to implement the change.

Accountbound Tools 4 All

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

I think you haven’t understood in a slightest way, what I was suggesting at all… (naturally , when you read nothing….)
Because accountbound gathering tools are absolutely not working as intended.

On first sight they have naturally improved the functionality by making gathering tools accountbound.
But Anet hasn’t made them truly accountbound.

A real accountbound gathering tool wouldn’t require anymore of the player to have to move the tool around from Character A to Character B over the Account Chest.

A real accountbound gathering tool would be instantly equipped for every single character of your account at the very moment you equip that gathering tool for your account. Thats quite a very big difference in efficiency.

The way how accountbound gathering tools work now, its totally uncomfortable and unefficient at its best!

The functionality I suggest here is completely superior over the current functionality, because it would provide every palyer alot more comfort and would remove the hassle, that we are forced to move accountbound gathering tools via the Account Chest from Chara A to Chara B permanently and back, if we want to use the tool again with Chara A

Or am I seeing something wrong in here and theres already a way in the game to let all characters of an account have the “accountbound gathering tool” at the SAME TIME, without beign forced to either:

A)
Permanently switch your inventory bound to one character given accountbound gathering tool from Chara A to B or…

B) buy your accountbound gatherign tool for each single character multiple times, so that you don’t need anymore to permanently switch the tool around, but what ultinmatively totally destroys the whole SENSE of accountboiund tools in general!!.
—-

Seems Anet wasn’t kind enough, to come up with proper working accountbound tools to me that really deserve to be called accountbound and if people can’t understand this, they must be either blind, or ignorant, or 3rdly and most unlikely … they like it to be ripped off through not well thought out mechanics, which were either intendedly or unintendedly made the way, like they work now.

What you think it is in this case, is up to you.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

(edited by Orpheal.8263)