"Achievements" Awards besides Titles? (Mostly related to PvE)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Charm.6085

Charm.6085

Yesterday I was looking through the achievements lists and I kind of thought to myself, what’s the point of this? I mean sure it gives you achievement points which I guess you could show off to your friends in the way that you’ve done more things and are more experienced than they are.. but I don’t feel like that’s enough incentive to even really worry about achievements. They’re fun sure, but I feel like they should have more rewards. I also realize that some achievements give titles (which are also pretty unnoticeable and should be changed to be more flashy or important imo so they have more significance and worth), but what I mean is most of those achievements that just have tons of tiers and don’t really lead to anything in the end or just achievements that once you do them, they give you achievements points and that’s it.

For example, jumping puzzles are really fun and interesting to find, but still what’s the point of finishing them besides to get achievement points and a few items here and there? It doesn’t feel significant or important or even that useful in the slightest to get those small items and to get achievement points that make no actual difference in your game.. There’s not even a title for finishing all the jumping puzzles, which I always thought there was before I checked.

Now some might argue about the Daily and Monthly achievements being what I’m asking about and I say those are exactly the kind of things that should be implemented for other achievements! The box of awards you get is the only reason I even worry about doing my daily and it actually does give me incentive to do it even though the award is small (Depending on the achievement, they should give bigger rewards for completing those instead of the same as the daily rewards which are very small though). The monthly needs work though, they should give a bigger reward than the one given right now for the monthly since it’s actually a challenge to get.

I don’t know what kind of rewards Anet could give in relation to Achievements that wouldn’t be either broken or too simple, but I really feel like there should be some significant rewards for doing some of those achievements that don’t give titles. Personally I’m losing incentive to worry about my achievements just because I find no practical use in them or importance in getting achievement points and that’s disappointing to me because I really feel like the achievement system could be very exciting and fun if implemented to it’s full potential for PvE. It would give me something to work towards. I would start looking more for Jumping Puzzles and thinking about completing more achievements if there was something I could be working towards that had a decent amount of worth and value to me.

In conclusion, I realize the game is a work in progress and this is a big suggestion of mine to create more incentive to have fun in the game and work towards things in the PvE because incentive really creates interest and I want the PvE to be engaging and interesting all the way through rather than with most MMO’s, the rush to level 80 and then the focus on PvP and end game dungeons (which also need a lot of work and I’m sure Anet is on the ball to make those more interesting and “end-game” worthy).

P.S. Like I said, the titles really need work because those are an award that some achievements give, but it really just isn’t flashy or significant enough for anyone to care for them from what I’ve been seeing and I hear most of them are broken. I really really reaaaalllllyyyyy suggest giving the titles more significance, more visual quality, and more importance because that’s also an aspect of end-game and end-game is what the players stick around for right? I don’t want Guild Wars 2 to be the type of game that no one plays after hitting level 80 and messing around for a month of end game here and there, I want this game to be the type of game people stick around for until the next updates/expansions/“next best thing” and possibly even beyond that.

I sincerely hope you read this Arena Net and if you do, thank you for your time! Keep up the good work!

in Suggestions

Charm.6085

Woops, title should’ve said Rewards.. or maybe Awards was right. Whatever sounds more in context. Probably Rewards.

in Suggestions

Charm.6085

TL;DR Achievements need to give more rewards besides titles because there’s so many that just don’t give anything besides Achievement points which aren’t really used for anything and players should have more incentive to pursue completing achievements.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

I do agree— there could be more things to add like town gear, exclusive mini pets, quirky crafting recipes, seasonal masks— I’m sure there are a lot of things that could be rewarded for certain achievements that still wouldn’t give a considerable power-advantage over others.

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

in Suggestions

Posted by: tzko.2370

tzko.2370

I think you have the definition of a game wrong. All you talk about is about being reward for doing things. If you don’t like playing this game for …wait for it… the fun of it.

Why do I jumping puzzles? Because of the achievement? Yeah i guess also. The chest at the end? I guess that is a nice surplus. Or because of the fun of solving the puzzle? Yes, yes and ..Yes!

It seems you are really expecting loads of shinies in order to have fun. This game seems more about having fun then earning rewards for every little thing you do and seems special to you.

This is not a game in progress for the reasons you think it is. There will be no end-game content like raiding and such. If you want that go for another game.
I feel GW2 is about a whole different thing then your rush-to-max-lvl and then raid-till-you-drop routine.

There is no subscription and therefor no need to keep players active all the time. Time will tell how things will turn out but I hope they will not change their game formula for it because its fine as it is.

I font blame you for expecting rewards for everything you do because thats the way games with subscriptions keep you playing. This game is about having fun just for the fun of it. No strings attached. I hope you get to discover that!

in Suggestions

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

I’m ok with titles, but I think they striped manytitles from GW and only few achivements have a title at completion. Where is drunken, party, sweet, survivor, vanquisher, special titles as pre searing, defender of kryta/ascalon…/ (related to some specific areas and/or faction)
Kurzick/Luxon, I know there are no such factions, but what about Vigil/Whisperers/Prior… cant we fight spvp or wvw on behalf of our chosen faction?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

Well here,s my 2 cents worth , I also viewed the achievements tab and it also seems wvwvw has a lot more titles , Also you need to play many alts to complete certain tree,s . I loved how it worked in GW1 the titles and achievement like cartographer for example , so you can play zones on an alt and get 100% , The GW1 Achivements/titles was a lot better , but im sure it will change , ANET is a good company and do change things for the better give it time folks !

[WM]give us in game ladder

in Suggestions

Charm.6085

Took 9 months, but yay! It’s happening!