Actual "Guild Wars" in Guild Wars 2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kilamanjaro.1830

Kilamanjaro.1830

It would be awesome if you brought Guild Wars into the game where guilds pvp for a set amount of time in the pve world.
It would be awesome if it functioned similar to the clan wars in Lineage2.
Where you could declare war on another guild and if they accepted the war then for the next few days those clans are flagged for each other to be attackable by the other guild and a score is kept. Along with guild forts/castles similar to the ones in Lineage 2 where clans battled for them.
Maybe set it up so that a fort can only change owners once a week. and different ones give the residing guild a specific boon for pve.

Here is some info on how clan wars worked in Lineage2:
http://www.lineage2.com/en/game/the-library/clans/clan-wars.php

Here is info on the fort/castle battles:
http://www.lineage2.com/en/game/the-library/pvp-activities/fortress-sieges.php

Would anyone else be interested in something like this I think it would advance the game in a positive direction. I would love to hear other players and Devs thoughts on this.

“Heroes Are Rare, Become One.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Purogatorium.8450

Purogatorium.8450

Guild Forts (Guild Halls) could add a more “visual” representation to the Guild Upgrades tab, more interaction, less click the screen. And being able to fight for other Guild’s forts, would be fun, and plus, it is “Guild Wars” 2 right?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chlupac.4936

Chlupac.4936

It’s “Guild Wars” because of the lore. The “guild” as group of players could be aslo called “clan” or whaterver, but the true Guild Wars are (nowadays) far history… the battle between three factions.
It’s like saying that there should be permanent QQ in the FarCry :P BUT CoD players are QQing so much more! :P

in Suggestions

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

‘Guildwars’ has to do with a historic event called the guild wars. In these events (before the timesetting of guildwars 1) human (npc) guilds where fighting eachother.

These wars are not playable content and never have been (with the exception off an april fools game thats a parody on the movie back to the future).

I think you mean the pvp – content called guild vs guild in gw1. Please dont mix those terms up!

I think an adaptation for guild vs guild fights in current pvp maps would be a nice addition.

Also Devs never respond to suggestions. This has not to do with being rude or not being interested. They read everything (or so they are claiming). As I understand it has to with copyright issues. If they comment on it, it would confirm that they have readed it and the person making such a suggestion could claim copyright over it.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

You people are wasting your time trying to convince the PvP gankheads on here that Guild Wars refers to the lore. They simply aren’t interested.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

in Suggestions

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

I heard somewhere the lore about ‘The Guild Wars’ was just a afterthought, they already chose the name ‘Guild Wars’ because it was a PvP-only game and later they decided to add PvE.

I think that idea is great, though. If you don’t want to fight you can un-rep the guild, or add a option to leave the guild wars as you please.

+1 for Guild Halls and GvG, as always.

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

The only good way I see to add “Guild Wars” is by bringing back actual GvG, with a small 8v8 version of WvW. Two towers with three doors each, three camps that produce supply, three main routes between the two towers, and several spots with other resources scattered in the map like siege ammo, pieces of siege materials, repair kits for siege and doors and such. Then one Champion lord and a few more NPCs that can be improved and revived with supply and even sent to the enemy locations to distract them. The objective: defeat the enemy lord.

As for guild halls, as the Battle Isles are out of commission, the Zaishen should strike a deal with Dessa and create Guild Fractals. Pieces of the mists players can contract for their guild to use, after their guild works together to stabilize a fractal by successfully completing some epic guild-wide event and pay a one-time merit and influence fee for the equipment and resources used to keep it in a stabilized state. You pay up front for the try, but you get a 90% merit and influence refund if you can’t complete the event.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sickle.6502

Sickle.6502