Adaptable Armor - It's Alive

in Suggestions

Posted by: Valot.7954

Valot.7954

Armor that adapts to certain situations. If a player is taking damage of a specific type like melee they get a buff like a % to retaliate or damage reduction or if taking projectile damage the player would get a buff % to reflect projectiles for a certain amount of time. Conditions, stuns, immobilize, ect would get some type of duration reduction. The armor could look like flesh with spikes or eyes.

in Suggestions

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

Seems like a rather OP idea for armor. -1

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

in Suggestions

Valot.7954

Well, maybe the flesh, spikes, eyes would be pretty cool. Pulsing veins. Eyes that blink and move around. :-P

(edited by Valot.7954)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Catalyst.8075

Catalyst.8075

Then we can introduce pandas, goblins and worgen!

in Suggestions

Valot.7954

Just thought of something

At the moment there aren’t to many different types of items. ie, carrion, berserker, knight, ect. ANet added the apothecary set type which is awesome but adding more diversity like this would be interesting. Lowering some stats in place of a; “reflect projectiles chance” as an example would be more diversification that is needed. Probably a prefix like Reflecting boots of the knight. Some runes add a % on hit like chilling nearby foes which does add some diversity but having some prefixes with on hit runes would also add more complex builds to the game.

But I would like a fleshy look in general. I think there’s something like this for heavy armor in the form of a shell but don’t see it to often.

in Suggestions

Valot.7954

I like your idea of adding more to the game in terms of builds but at what point is complex to complex for the community? You have to look at all players in general. Some players would probably like the idea of a variety of builds and might add more gameplay but this could be overwhelming for others. Where do we draw the line?

At the moment I would have to give this a -1 since there are some balancing issues at the moment but maybe in the future something like this could be implemented.

in Suggestions

Valot.7954

I would have to disagree with you and give this a +1

Balancing will always be an issue. An example could be two glass
cannons going at it. One of the players gets lucky and lands 3 critical
strikes to the opponent and the fight could last about 6 seconds then that
player complains and says the opponent’s class is OP or they were one shotted.
This incident could have been avoided if the player knew the opponents
build and could have countered it. It’s not either player’s fault… one
could have never went against such a build and on the first encounter
they were roflstomped.

Adding more content to the game makes it more interesting. Adding content
like new builds gives players more to think about and different playing options.