Add New End-Game Content

Add New End-Game Content

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vedrix.4170

Vedrix.4170

Currently the end-game content as it stands right now is continuous and repetitive sPvP and WvW. Always the same. Never changing. Also known as, “easily boring.” When your server is always winning in WvW there’s little challenge and it starts to suck. sPvP with 4 tiny maps and short matches… really?

Anyway, PvE and Crafting kind of got forgotten. Yea there’s explore mode dungeons, but for the most part, they don’t take teamwork and they’re easier than the storymode version. What’s with that? Same with dynamic events, there’s no teamwork. Let’s all solo and spam our abilities in order, then switch weapons and do the same. All progress/placement/achievement in dungeons and events is soly through DPS. I normally play a healer or a tank and I feel left out in this game. It’s sad really. I don’t want to spam abilities, I want to perform in a team against challenging content where it feels like an accomplishment to down a boss or complete a raid. On that note, where the heck are raids? Raids have kept hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of players loyal to brands and companies and kept them playing (and paying) for years upon years. What kind of logical person would remove them? Who designed the PvE content in GW2? It’s depressing. No teamwork. No end-game content. No challenges. All just grinds and dps spam for coins to get aesthetic armour and weapons. No sir I don’t want any lip gloss, I want a 10 man raid that takes weeks to master.

As for crafting. It’s not challenging and it just power levels you. This is rediculous. Drop 50 dollars on gems, get a lvl 80 from crafting. Pathetic. No end-game or unique recipes to be crafted by profressions is a loss to. This should be added. Aion had a good crafting system, call up NCSoft and get some ideas. Vanguard’s was better, but who learns from competitors these days. The mystic forge is lame. Seriously. Randomly putting stuff in for something cool? Reminds me of those heart and stroke lotteries where you put $100 and get either a bbq, a house, or a ferarri, or nothing.

As for levelling. What happened to games and MMOs where it took weeks or months to get near max level? It seems to sell out you just turn on the easy switch by putting 6 events all in the same area so zergs can bounce between them and go from 40-80 within hours. This is sad. Really. 1-40 is a larger achievement than 40-80. It should be the other way around. Getting to max level should feel like an accomplishment. Right now it’s a let down. You realize you’ve run out of content. Now all you do is run a dungeon 100 times over an over to get skins for armour.

(Continued below since only allowed 5001 characters…)

(edited by Vedrix.4170)

Add New End-Game Content

in Suggestions

Vedrix.4170

(5001 characters and wait 30 seconds between posts… seriously…)

So enough ranting this is what I suggest:
– More sPvP maps.
– More objectives for WvW. Also more challenges. If 2 servers can’t beat 1, maybe you need to rethink how the server pairings are to make it more challenging.
– More crafting recipes. End-game crafting should be enhanced. Raise crafting past 400 to 500. Add end-game components found in dungeons, WvW, exploring, etc. Yes this sounds like the mystic forge but it should be specific and unique to each crafting profession, and should be repeatedly crafted. These recipes will be better than lvl 80 exotics currently in the game, cost 10x more, and give the crafting and feeling of accomplishment to be able to crafting. Reaching 500 crafting should be a chore from hell that takes hours, weeks or even months.
– Add a PvE endgame. PvE shouldn’t only focus on upgrading the looks for your armour. It should include actually challenging encounters and dungeons. Challenging raids that take -TEAMWORK- to complete. For over 15 years 10+ person raids have been a success and a profitable component in MMOs. This is a fact. Add them. It’ll increase your businesses profitability and increase your returns to shareholders too. Remove DPS spam from success. Event placement and dungeon success also requires healing and revives, which get you NOTHING in the current game.
- Make revives and healing count towards gold medals in events.
- Remove the ability to zerg 6+ events all at once.
- Making leveling more challenging.
- Make dynamics events more random. Right now the same one always play and do the same things. You advertised that -different- events would -change- the gameplay and content in zones. Not really when you always use the -same- events to do the -same- thing. Nothing changing. It’s either Gendarran fields A or Gendarran fields B. Not changing, not dynamic.
– Dungeons should be an accomplishment, not a chore.
– World bosses should be difficult. They’re easy and they encourage 10 random people not grouped up to just dps spam them. Change it right away.
– The class story lines all turn into the same one. This is rather lame. They start out exciting and different. It made me want to play each class and actually buy character slots. But then when I saw they all became the same thing, I no longer wanted to spend that money.
- Gold spammers. In your previous MMOs (including NCSoft) you were able to develop tools to get rid of gold spam. Why you choose not to use those tools today, I do not know. But you should use them immediately.
- The gold-gem-gold conversions. Currently at level 80 it’s more efficient to farm gold to get gems than to buy them. It takes roughly 15-20 minutes of farming to get 800 gems. This reduces your company’s profitability. Why? if 800 gems is $10, and takes 20 mintues of work. That means someone has to have a $30/hr job to equal it out. If you make less than $30/hr, its more cost effective and efficient to just farm the gems and not spend a single dollar. More convenient to farm them too.
- Customer support needs a boost too. It takes too long for tickets to be partially or incorrectly answered.
– Add elements to the game that require teamwork and planning. There are none right now.
– Make the forums more user friendly. Only 5001 characters is sad since you get large nubmers of posts and replies, the character limit is useless.

Add New End-Game Content

in Suggestions

Posted by: Korinth.9643

Korinth.9643

..You are aware the game has been out less than a month, yeah? The amount of centent is about comparable to most games within their first month of opening, new content takes time to make.

As to the gem conversion, it’s supposed to be that way, I imagine, the buyable gold/gems is for convenience, rather than being more efficient, if it -were- more efficient, what would be the point of farming in the first place?

Add New End-Game Content

in Suggestions

Vedrix.4170

Yes. I am aware of that. If proper market analysis and environmental analysis were performed over the 5 long years of development, the game could be so much more.

If the corporations or marketing teams behind GW2 properly used basic tools (i.e. Porter models) they could definately have captured a larger market share and provided a better experience for their consumers.

Add New End-Game Content

in Suggestions

Posted by: raphaeldisanto.5478

raphaeldisanto.5478

No sir I don’t want any lip gloss, I want a 10 man raid that takes weeks to master.

Then I would suggest, respectfully, that Guild Wars 2 is not the MMO for you. I very sincerely hope that they do not implement such things.

Add New End-Game Content

in Suggestions

Posted by: kitanas.3596

kitanas.3596

In all honesty, and no offense, but GW2 may not be for you. This game doesn’t have the traditional MMO setup you seem to want. this game is about exploring the world, not rushing up to 80 and grinding dungeons. You don’t have to do dungeons at all if you don’t want to. that gear is not statistically better then everything else.

Add New End-Game Content

in Suggestions

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

Currently the end-game content as it stands right now is continuous and repetitive sPvP and WvW. Always the same. Never changing.

As intended. Research a game before you buy it.

Guild Wars is called Guild Wars for a reason.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Add New End-Game Content

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lord Jaguar.9504

Lord Jaguar.9504

I’ll avoid making the same small minded comments as others have. “Raiding sucks” and “Guild Wars 2 isn’t that game” does not answer the profound issue, which I agree with you on – there is no depth to GW2’s PvE content. Whatsoever.

However. . that is not resolved by adding 500 crafting cap, and escalating the items into a gear progression that will take months to grind out and master. That’s not the point of this game. On that, your detractants are correct. Guild Wars 2 was built to be accessible. Part of that is keeping the Exotics in line with eachother so that after an initial hump of input, you are “Geared”, and then never have to worry about being left behind or so completely outclassed by another person’s gearscore. You might ENVY them because they look cool . . but they won’t be able to roflstomp you just because they have more stats.

What YOU are correct about that they cannot appear to see is that raiding was a great system. Gear progression sucked IMO – I spent months and months grinding and hunting for drops, and it was frustrating, and annoying, and nothing but a treadmill designed to suck up my time and subscription.

But the raid itself? The story, the complex boss mechanics, the multi-stage fights? Epic. Satisfying. Rewarding. I don’t care if they only give you lip gloss when you down Zhaitan in a 25 man raid. But I WANT that fight to be deep, challenging, and complex. That doesn’t mean hardcore. It means QUALITY. Hardcore is defined by people needing to commit tremendous amounts of time to even qualify with a gearscore to join a raid.

I firmly believe the majority of this playerbase is “hardcore” enough to have participated in any of those raids from that other game. . if only a 6+ month long gear progression didn’t stand in their way.

And maybe if they had, they would be singing a different tune. I don’t think they have any idea what they are missing, or how hollow the bosses really are in this game.

Add New End-Game Content

in Suggestions

Vedrix.4170

As intended. Research a game before you buy it.

Guild Wars is called Guild Wars for a reason.

I never said it wasn’t intended or that I didn’t know about it. Also you can’t have guild wars in Guild Wars. The system physically doesn’t allow for guild vs guild combat.

I’ll avoid making the same small minded comments as others have. “Raiding sucks” and “Guild Wars 2 isn’t that game” does not answer the profound issue, which I agree with you on – there is no depth to GW2’s PvE content. Whatsoever. …. And maybe if they had, they would be singing a different tune. I don’t think they have any idea what they are missing, or how hollow the bosses really are in this game.

I agree with you Jaguar. You said it better than I did

I just wanted to clarify, the changes to crafting were to make it useful and viable end-game. Right now it’s good to help you level up and have gear as you level, but it has no utility to a level 80. The mystic forge and karma vendors our weigh endgame crafting so that’s why I suggested it’s boost.

In all honesty, and no offense, but GW2 may not be for you. This game doesn’t have the traditional MMO setup you seem to want. this game is about exploring the world, not rushing up to 80 and grinding dungeons. You don’t have to do dungeons at all if you don’t want to. that gear is not statistically better then everything else.

Yes. Leveling is fun and exploring is cool (I almost have 100% map completion already). But when I went about it, I didn’t rush, I saw an event, went to it, participated. Got a gold medal. Cool. Then another event spawns 2 feet away. I do that. And it repeats constantly. After an hour of doing different fun events, I went from lvl 40 to lvl 49 (Got from 40 to 80 because of events like this in under 10 hours). This should probably be removed. There were only 3-5 different events too… Did I say how they aren’t dynamic yet? Everyone probably knows they aren’t. I don’t even know what I was trying to say with this paragraph…

(edited by Vedrix.4170)

Add New End-Game Content

in Suggestions

Posted by: skaaz.4281

skaaz.4281

Just a few more days, Kung Fu Panda will be releasing you wont be bored much longer

Member of Cradle Guard

Add New End-Game Content

in Suggestions

Posted by: Victus.9631

Victus.9631

Have you completed each races story?
Have you leveled to 80?
100% completion of the world?
All crafts leveled to 400?
Completed all dungeons in all modes?
Obtained every achievement?

Regardless of your answer, the game isn’t even a month old. How about you chill the **** out and take time to enjoy the game instead of burning through it? Remember that article about the first 80 before the game was technically even released? They made mention of enjoying the lustrous storyline this game has to offer rather than just mindlessly blowing through content not getting anything from it.

A perfect comparison is sex. If you just jump right in and finish it ASAP it’s a horrible experience with no real joy. But if you take your time, work your way into it smoothly and do everything you can do before finishing, the end result is nothing but amazing.

TL;DR – You’re a joke for suggesting in game content not even a month after release while there are still many bugs with the game that need to be resolved first before moving on content wise. It’s people like you who ruin games demanding there be content left and right. Then when you finish that content in a week or two you demand more content. Simply put, kitten you.

TL;DR 2 – http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/104j7o/you_are_all_destroying_the_mmo_genre_and_you_dont/