Add a "How to Bot" section to forum

in Suggestions

Posted by: domeno.9126

domeno.9126

Can Anet add a How to Bot section to the forum? I’ve seen a lot of people botting. I thought it was against the rules to bot but maybe it’s not? A lot of people, including me, have reported bots, but nothing is ever done about it. Seems like Anet doesn’t mind if people bot, so why not have a section so players could teach other players how to bot? It’s so hard to get karma, exp and gold with the limits on events, etc… so it seems like these botters have it figured out?

And before the forum police jump on this as an opportunity to get their little feeling of importance, of course this is a tongue in cheek post…

There are bots by the thousands all over the place and nothing is done about it. Some are standing in one event area shooting at one spot over and over for days… Just flat out blatant botting with no care of getting caught because they obviously get away with it. Meanwhile, us that play legit get penalized more and more while the botters rake in the easy karma, gold, exp, etc… If I work very hard and do too many events then I am penalized, yet a botter just afks for a week and ends up with limitless karma, gold, etc… So what do you think is being encouraged? Botting… Whatever you tolerate, you encourage… How hard is it to get a report, log in and watch the person for a few minutes.. and the botting is obvious… What if the account is stolen? Check the IP logins… never changed since account started? Botter… changed? lock account and make original owner verify …

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ron Cordova.9824

Ron Cordova.9824

Arenanet probably is waiting to ban bots in droves in one fell swoop. Usually bots get banned loads at a time instead of on a case-by-case basis (in other MMOs at least) because then it prevents the botters from figuring out what method was used to detect them.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ox See Sox.3687

Ox See Sox.3687

But that makes they profit for a month and then loose the account. Its still pretty rentable for an AFK player.

Brains > Brawls
So Much Blur

in Suggestions

Posted by: Weirwynn.2390

Weirwynn.2390

There are bots by the thousands all over the place

How hard is it to get a report, log in and watch the person for a few minutes.

Assuming “by the thousands” to mean at least 2000, “a few” to be minimally 3 and since these numbers are apparently your own observations, we’ll have to consider the 48 different servers.

48*2000×3/60=4800 man hours, divided by the number of people working on it.

Then when that’s done, they’ll need to handle the bots that logged in since then, most of which are just the same people with a new account.

We of course have no idea what he real numbers are, but whatever the they are, it’s a not-inconsiderable undertaking.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Denial Of Service.5732

Denial Of Service.5732

meanwhile while Anet figures out a master plan to “get rid” of botters, they desttoy economy and there my friends its where we all suffer.

i dont care if they get 3 gazillion karma, but give them gold they have the power.

when you see 8 botters outside in a very concured place you know they one behind they 8 botters doesnt care if they ban them, he can just buy 16 more accounts.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Finaldeath.1059

Finaldeath.1059

Games generally like to ban bots in waves rather than individual players. The reason for this is it is easier for bot markers to keep up if they ban people individually as they get a heads up that their bot was detected and update their bots to not be detectable. But instead they ban in huge waves so people don’t have time to react and update their bot before being banned.

At least that is the way i see it and to me it makes sense.

in Suggestions

Posted by: olafton.6893

olafton.6893

You know as much as I hate bots and gold spammers in LA and hackers hacking accounts (my wife’s account was hacked) the people that I hate more than these people are the people BUYING THEIR FRICKING GOLD, at least those other people are performing a type of job… if people weren’t buying gold from these people there would be no botting, no spamming and no hacking…it is a fairly simple formula of supply and demand…
I am not entirely sure how to implement but I was thinking that maybe whenever a spammer/botter/hacker is banned look at any account that received more than x amount of money from that account and ban them too…that way players who purchase gold understand that their accounts could be gone if they do so…why are you playing the game if you just want to get the items from purchased gold?