Add a Mini Equipment Slot

in Suggestions

Posted by: AblueXKRS.1793

AblueXKRS.1793

I think it would be very useful to give minis their own dedicated equipment slot, such as a trinket or a back item has; this stops them taking up space in the player’s bags and makes them persistent, so the player doesn’t have to keep turning them back on after a death or map change.

This makes minis more appealing, because while they still function as minis and look cute, they don’t actually require active maintenance.

550hp Supercharged V8

(edited by AblueXKRS.1793)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Agreed.

I don’t mind them taking up space in the bag, but it is incredibly annoying to have to remember to double click them again every time I go into a new area, or use a way point, or die or whatever.

Either a dedicated slot that keeps them displayed or an option to toggle them On/Off where when they’re on they’re out automatically any time they can be would be a vast improvement.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amra.6028

Amra.6028

Whenver I store collectibles, minis disappear. Invis bags are not an option as they will destroy any inventory management due to silly automatism.

in Suggestions

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

Agreed. I find it silly to have to keep equipping my mini pet everytime I enter a new zone or such.

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gizmo.8623

Gizmo.8623

I think that minis should then have a greater impact than be a silent companion.
Each class should have unique equipment slot, either for minis or something else.
This would nicely create a bigger diversity in looks between classes and add additional mechanisms to play (for example – have minotaur mini – once a fight have 5% chance of getting rage after being hit or, for necromancer – find yourself a wampire bat, so it will fly near player, attack independently of him and leech life for him (similar to Familiar skill in Diablo 3)).
This would actually motivate me to grind for them or even buy them with gems.
I wouldn’t complain to have another undead minion following me around
Another example – mini scythe with cleave attack

in Suggestions

Posted by: Curae.1837

Curae.1837

I always forget that I have a mini with me, or to activate it… Being able to equip it so it shows automatically would be awesome.

“When we remember that we are all mad.
The mysteries dissapear and life stands explained.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Whenver I store collectibles, minis disappear. Invis bags are not an option as they will destroy any inventory management due to silly automatism.

It depends on what your management system is. An invisible bag in the bottom slot works perfectly for me because I normally put all the stuff I want to keep in there anyway. So using an invisible bag just adds an extra level of protection where I can’t accidentally sell/deposit things rather than just making sure I don’t.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”