Add a confirm option for large purchases.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Badger.9374

Badger.9374

Q:

I discovered that my left-click on my three year old Razer Naga is going out in a rather irritating fashion.

I had just discovered the karma merchant next to the Arah dungeon gate. I was checking out some of the armor for sale when my mouse decided to take my single left-click as a double-click.

My level 80 elementalist is now the accidental owner of a heavy armor chest piece from the karma merchant. 42,000 karma down the drain due to a hardware mishap. My new mouse arrives in two days, but I’m still down 42,000 karma.

This seriously killed the game for me. I have a soulbound piece of equipment on my character that I can’t even use. I just lost a week’s worth of karma (yes, it took me a week to earn that much — I don’t play as much as some of you) due to an aging mouse and for some inexplicable reason there is no sell back for full value option or at the least a confirmation window that requires me to click “Yes” or “No” after asking me if I’m sure I want to spend 42,000 karma on an item.

I’ve put in for a ticket to get my karma (time and energy) back in exchange for the item. If this is not possible then you can kiss any further monetary support from me goodbye. If this is possible I will continue purchasing gems from the store for dyes and just to support this otherwise amazing game.

Either way, add a confirmation dialogue box or a sell-back option to the game ASAP. It is inexcusable that one doesn’t already exist.

Giggity.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dorpen.4653

Dorpen.4653

I’d have to agree, after all there is a confirm action for salvaging any item that is above fine(blue) level. There really should be one for large karma purchases but the question is what amount of karma?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jormundur.1567

Jormundur.1567

For sake of having the same issue, and not creating another thread about it, I wanted to bump this. Perhaps my search has failed, but I’ve seen no recognition towards this topic. I’m sure ArenaNet will add it eventually, I just hope it’s something simple enough that can happen quickly.

in Suggestions

Posted by: daofma.4615

daofma.4615

I’ve been bit by this too! I spent just about all my money (at level 30, 1 gold 50 silver) by accident double-clicking on something while I was just trying to preview Durmand Priory light armor and take the hat off of the preview. I think it was even the double-click inside the preview window, which I never would have expected would purchase the item.

I think the best way to delineate this would be confirmation on purchasing anything soulbound on acquire. I wouldn’t be nearly as frustrated if I accidentally bought something expensive if I could trade it away, even at a loss.

in Suggestions

Posted by: magace.6140

magace.6140

Yes idk how many times I meant to double click and did a triple when talking with a karma merch just to buy some random item on accident.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Thalzion.1378

Thalzion.1378

And I can’t preview items in trading post listing?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

I’d have to agree, after all there is a confirm action for salvaging any item that is above fine(blue) level. There really should be one for large karma purchases but the question is what amount of karma?

Any karma purchase over 3k.
IIRC nothing besides the stuff that’s like 9k, 35k, 42k, ETC goes above that limit. Which is exactly the stuff you want a confirmation for.

in Suggestions

Posted by: dux.8720

dux.8720

no that’s pointless, windows already condition us just to always click yes. purchases should be temporarily fully refundable. this would also fix wrong smaller purchases.

in Suggestions

Posted by: DeonCadme.4971

DeonCadme.4971

I am really careful but I remember that I managed to purchase 250 resources by mistake in the trade post. That got me as well to think that there should in some cases be safety features in the purchase systems.

in Suggestions

Posted by: daofma.4615

daofma.4615

no that’s pointless, windows already condition us just to always click yes. purchases should be temporarily fully refundable. this would also fix wrong smaller purchases.

I think this is a good idea but I disagree. I think most of the cases we’re talking about here we would have been saved by a confirmation dialog. Accidental clicks are the main problem here, not instant regret.

Though, I think it’s harder for Arenanet to do than a confirmation dialog. How would the gameplay work? Can I resell a soulbound item after I’ve equipped it? What if I’ve killed some monsters with it? Or is it limited to the conversation I’m having with the merchant? But then, what if like one of the other posters in this thread (Edit: different thread!), I didn’t realize that I’d made the purchase until I’d walked a few steps away?

I also suggest confirmation on purchase of soulbound on acquire items since it doesn’t matter what level you are – karma and gold have different values to different players (depending on their level, but also their time/money commitment to the game), so setting a threshold at a fixed value or even a percentage of the total current karma/gold wouldn’t work as well, IMHO.