Add an audible sound when a target is called

in Suggestions

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

This used to be in Guild Wars, where calling targets was taught in the first 10 minutes of the game no matter what campaign you had. When a player would call a target, it would make a high pitched sound, a sound that was exclusively used for calling targets. This made it easy to realize when a target was called, as long as a player had sound. If the player did not have sound, the player could also see a chat notification, and a mark would show on the name of the player who called the target.

In GW2, a player only has visual clues to know about a called target. If the player is not looking at the chat box, or is turned away from the called target, or is too far away from the called target, that player does not know that a target was called. An option should be added for an audible sound, preferably a high-pitched sound that cannot be mistaken for any other in-game sound.

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

in Suggestions

Posted by: GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

+1 for audible sound on target calling (with option to turn it off if desired).

Not that important but I think it would save a bit of time everytime as people would probably hear the sound before noticing a target change!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

I will give you my +1 if you will also push to let us toggle a called target off again. And have the targeting circle disappear as soon as the target is dead, not only after he has been looted by everyone.

(Definitely the option to turn off the target sound… who knows what the Marriner Horn people would do with another sound effect at their disposal?)

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

in Suggestions

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

There is a sound, albeit variable. You shout “Attack my target!” or something similar. It’s not always audible, though.