Add old bodies and faces please

in Suggestions

Posted by: Entropy.4732

Entropy.4732

I wanted to create an old, hunched over, decrepit witch type character and was disappointed to see that all bodies in the female character creation are young and healthy. Same with faces. With men you can add a grey beard, but still. Give us wrinkles and missing teeth!

Styx Hemlock – Sylvari Mesmer – TFG – NSP

in Suggestions

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

It was a design aesthetic that ArenaNet decided on when creating humans in the game (and I’m amusing that you’re talking about them or norn), which was that they wanted humans to be a sudo-embodiment of beauty. Hence why almost all of their faces and bodies are fit, young, and attractive. Of course there are some presets that don’t follow these rules, but that might have been because they decided to add some kind of variety past “Pretty Barbie #1 and #2.”

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

in Suggestions

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

I agree. The human bodies and faces creep me out… and not in a good way. They all look like plastic barbie/ken dolls who either have anorexia (females) or take steroids (males). It’s not an embodiment of beauty, because that isn’t beautiful. It’s an embodiment of our society’s messed up mentally-ill view of perfection. I would much prefer realistic humans who are full of character—the struggles of life in a conflicted world should show. And everyone being under 30 is ageist, plain and simple.

in Suggestions

Entropy.4732

@ Triggersad : Gah… Hate that concept. Is beauty really the goal here? I think creating interesting original characters should be the goal.

in Suggestions

Entropy.4732

I agree. The human bodies and faces creep me out… and not in a good way. They all look like plastic barbie/ken dolls who either have anorexia (females) or take steroids (males). It’s not an embodiment of beauty, because that isn’t beautiful. It’s an embodiment of our society’s messed up mentally-ill view of perfection. I would much prefer realistic humans who are full of character—the struggles of life in a conflicted world should show. And everyone being under 30 is ageist, plain and simple.

Couldn’t agree more. It’s ridiculous that human female basically means “supermodel”. Sure, create options for those that want classical beauty, but leave options for those of us who prefer imperfection.

in Suggestions

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

From what I remember yeah. Anyway, I’m pretty sure we do have some older faces available, but I doubt we’ll ever get any body-types that involve anything beyond skinny/toned. Mainly do to impart that it would take too much time trying to adjust all the current, and new, armor to those bodies.
Which is a shame, since I wouldn’t mind the “emaciated,” look on male casters, as it was something that male necromancers had in Guild Wars… Though I guess that would be too Pro-ana… (^_^) ’ ’ ’

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

There are no mounts in GW2. People RUN everywhere (even 10 feet from one vendor to another). They climb mountains and can jump from fantastic heights. They swim at torpedo speeds.

OF COURSE they are all young and fit. They HAVE to be!

Then naturally, they die of overexertion, so there are no old folks.

Maybe the pro-mounts clique is right after all? Or are we being prepped by our computers for a future like “Logan’s Run” where nobody lives past the age of 30?

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

in Suggestions

Posted by: Axvil.2839

Axvil.2839

Sounds like fun, though ANET would have to create some sort of algorithm to adjust the stats for any “old characters”, reducing their power, vitality, run speed, endurance etc

in Suggestions

Entropy.4732

Sounds like fun, though ANET would have to create some sort of algorithm to adjust the stats for any “old characters”, reducing their power, vitality, run speed, endurance etc

I’m fine with that as long as I can hobble around everywhere, hunched over and coughing occasionally.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Snow White.9680

Snow White.9680

I would enjoy a cute tiny spare tire on my human females belly.

+1

in Suggestions

Posted by: Isende.2607

Isende.2607

my husband tickles me, regularly, when he runs into an npc called “elder” or “old woman” or things along those lines. his words?

“it really bothers me to hear this ‘old’ voice, and have the label ‘old woman’ on this figure that’s got the kitten and body of a 20-year-old.”

;-)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

Hmm?……….
15 old kittens

Attachments:

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

(edited by Geotherma.2395)

in Suggestions

Weindrasi.3805

There are no mounts in GW2. People RUN everywhere (even 10 feet from one vendor to another). They climb mountains and can jump from fantastic heights. They swim at torpedo speeds.

OF COURSE they are all young and fit. They HAVE to be!

Then naturally, they die of overexertion, so there are no old folks.

Maybe the pro-mounts clique is right after all? Or are we being prepped by our computers for a future like “Logan’s Run” where nobody lives past the age of 30?

You don’t get it. People who climb mountains and jump from fantastic heights, who run and jump and fight, do NOT look like steroid addicts (for males). And what about the females? Women who do all those things do NOT have perfect skin, shiny salon hair, perfect makeup, huge flawless breasts, emaciated weak waists, and legs and arms with no muscle.
Someone who “dies of overexertion” is going to look rough, scarred, battered, and life-worn. Not like a body builder who has the best nutrition and a personal weight room. Also not like a supermodel with breast implants.

in Suggestions

Weindrasi.3805

Hmm?……….
15 old kittens

They look silly. There are a few wrinkles, but they still have perfect skin and the bodies of teenage models.

in Suggestions

Geotherma.2395

Hmm?……….
15 old kittens

They look silly. There are a few wrinkles, but they still have perfect skin and the bodies of teenage models.

Google athletic 80 year olds, they are out there :P Some of them in better shape than me….

Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF

in Suggestions

Entropy.4732

Hmm?……….
15 old kittens

Google athletic 80 year olds, they are out there :P Some of them in better shape than me….

The point tho is if we want to create a classic witch or wizard character, we can’t. I want a withered sage type. It’s creepy to see the young bodies on the (slightly) old faces. Plus, just try bringing the older women into game as a light armor class. All the tarty, frilly, skippy clothes look absurd and undignified on her. I’m not saying get rid of the young fit bodies or skimpy clothes, just add in some older bodies and dignified light armor if we want to create that wizened ancient sage look.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rubina.9482

Rubina.9482

To tell the truth, I almost didn’t buy GW2 because I found the characters’ looks so off-putting. I think they all look like dolls, -the guys androgyne ones at that. But a friend talked me into it and I haven’t regretted that, love the game. Still, I really would’ve liked to see more realistic looking characters. Old faces and bodies too, sure. But also less smooth/plastic-looking young faces.

in Suggestions

Posted by: GreenNekoHaunt.8527

GreenNekoHaunt.8527

This bothered me too. How are you supposed to make a yoda character if you can’t make an 80 year old asura?

Gamer & Developer; Playing games is part of making games! Gather experience and make games!

in Suggestions

Geotherma.2395

This bothered me too. How are you supposed to make a yoda character if you can’t make an 80 year old asura?

Play star wars? :P

in Suggestions

GreenNekoHaunt.8527

But in star wars you can’t turn into a black almost invincible cloud of death that sucks everyone’s health around it lol.

Gamer & Developer; Playing games is part of making games! Gather experience and make games!

in Suggestions

Geotherma.2395

But in star wars you can’t turn into a black almost invincible cloud of death that sucks everyone’s health around it lol.

Well if everyone wanted something like that I would just have them put my ex in the game.

Aren’t asura already kind old and ugly usually lol? I think the characters definitely need more options, not just elderly ones tho ^^

in Suggestions

GreenNekoHaunt.8527

Hmm it would be funny if people made humans that look like elves with their ears. The Legend Of Zelda 4ever lol.