Add rare pets for Rangers.

in Suggestions

Posted by: knbBlackTemplar.3059

knbBlackTemplar.3059

With unique skin and skills, ofc they should be very hard to track down. Maybe they should spawn with some hide dynamic events and after you complete they becoma juveilne. Regular pets are just regular and boring

80’s: Sylvari Necromancer (Main). Human: Thief, Warrior (PvP Main), Engineer. Charr Guardian

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nemo.6295

Nemo.6295

Don’t play a ranger but I can understand how it feels, having a major class mechanic being so non-remarkable.

Another thing I’d like to see, just in WvW is pets actually dying or being untargetable once they are beaten down and run away.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Silverkung.9127

Silverkung.9127

Yup any class use Exo/Acs/legen gear but our pet is…normal pet no matter of what and Zomoron no need our pet in his pot lol.

in Suggestions

Posted by: domxnik.1453

domxnik.1453

I agree. It would be nice to have a rare pet and everyone be like “Oh my god, where did you get that”, you know? ;D

I would also like to see more pets added. We are missing turtles! and possibly some other I can’t think of off the top of my head. We also need more ranged pets!

I would also like to see:
-Branded Devourer
-Rock Dogs and Branded Rock dogs

Anvixy- 80 Ranger

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

I am definitly for this, as long as the balance still exists. Could add some new pet skills, which is also welcomed, and possibly add little activity in some dead zones.

I would enjoy seeing:
-Griffon
-Golden Moa

And various unique skins for the older pets like black striped arctodus, snow devourer, glowing jellyfish, war-hog (metal tusks and front armor), Tribal spider (various red tatoos around it), Pheonix colored eagle (just pheonix colors like various colors around its tail feathers)

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

U already have Branded Devourer ones just not as awesome skins as those.

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

in Suggestions

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

I’d like a rare pet- one that doesn’t stand and take 3 seconds to cast one skill that won’t start to cast at all if I am moving.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

There should be unlocked epic pet when you unlock all pets of Tyria.

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

This reminds me of another game I used to play. Overall I just dislike the pet system. Instead of spewing as many pets out as I wanted I’d rather there just be a couple of hard to get selections that I can level up and make it my own.

RIP in peace Robert

in Suggestions

Posted by: alamore.1974

alamore.1974

The problem with a rare pets is every ones still ganna go get it.
and if every one gets it, it ain’t rare.any.more.
They just need to add more pets in general. I like to use pets that other ppl don’t . With more pets it gives more…customization. Plus some bets better for pvp I
And others for pve

in Suggestions

Posted by: domxnik.1453

domxnik.1453

True about everyone going to get it eventually, but that’s how it can be with everything in the game.

Here’s an idea. How about they make those rare pets veteran or even champion, and when you choose to tame them, you must weaken them by bringing their health down to say…10% or so. That way, people who are skilled with the ranger can obtain them.

There would be the problem of other people helping the ranger, but they could possibly make it where others are not able to help. Only the person that chose to tame them can kill them.

I don’t know, that’s suggestion that probably wouldn’t or couldn’t be in the game. Just throwing things out there.

Anvixy- 80 Ranger

in Suggestions

Posted by: TYTan.5246

TYTan.5246

They could add some pets from guild wars 1, i miss my Warthog.

in Suggestions

NinjaEd.3946

True about everyone going to get it eventually, but that’s how it can be with everything in the game.

Here’s an idea. How about they make those rare pets veteran or even champion, and when you choose to tame them, you must weaken them by bringing their health down to say…10% or so. That way, people who are skilled with the ranger can obtain them.

There would be the problem of other people helping the ranger, but they could possibly make it where others are not able to help. Only the person that chose to tame them can kill them.

I don’t know, that’s suggestion that probably wouldn’t or couldn’t be in the game. Just throwing things out there.

Thats how suggestions generally are, but I like the idea of weakening hte pet before taming it. I kinda felt disatisfied when I had to just run up, press F (default action button) and tamed it. No real sense of achievment other than looking on wiki and running. Rare pets don’t or should never be more powerful than normal pets (the game is about balance for all types of players) but just like weapon/armor skins, they should look pretty kitten awesome and be hard to find/capture. Not only that, but they should not have a set spawn point, maybe 1 for every zone appropriate for it that has a several hour respawn and spawn in various places you would not expect or have a large (VERY LARGE) roaming distance.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Acaelus Thorne.3862

Acaelus Thorne.3862

Guys for get about rare pet. What we need is for our pet to evolve. Every mmo out always Neglect pet class, and only few have manage to pull such things of. Aion Spirit master class is one and warhammer white lion class. This only two pet classes that I have enjoyed because of the pet evolution. They grow in size, gain Extra skills. So why not have something Similar in here.

in Suggestions

NinjaEd.3946

Well grow in size or change looks is one thing, but remember this is Guild Wars, not the normal MMO. Gaining extra stats or skills is not balanced towards other pets. Pet evolution would be nice, they already have a trait with this but aside from being slightly better the pet looks no diferent. I believe the OP is about pets being unique, just like skins are. You can look like your own ranger without actually being completely different or better in some cases.

in Suggestions

Posted by: FrighfulKnight.9872

FrighfulKnight.9872

i want new pet types all together like gorillas or raptors, basicaly something that doesn’t belong to the already existing pet families

in Suggestions

Posted by: OptimistPrime.9283

OptimistPrime.9283

Agreed. I think having pets at the end of especially difficult jumping puzzles could be fantastic.

As long as the rare pets do absolutely nothing different from the non-rare ones, other than look cooler, then no one can say “but I suck at JPs! Not fair!”

Darkhaven’s giant purple cat thief thing

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

My 40th level ranger has a Reef Drake.

I’ve helped a 7th level Ranger get a shark.

Those feel pretty rare to me .

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Xrage.4983

Xrage.4983

Reminds me of WoW where you can track rare+ pets and tame them.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Turial.1293

Turial.1293

My 40th level ranger has a Reef Drake.

I’ve helped a 7th level Ranger get a shark.

Those feel pretty rare to me .

Rare because nobody uses them. Reef Drake was released, broken and just a re-skin of another pet already there, LAZY!!, so for shame on the developers. I will admit the shark is pretty cool buuuut I find the jellyfish has better abilities, that is just me now, and normally I just take my amphibious bears with me for tanking.

Need more pets in general, ones that are not re-skins, I don’t want to see this huge build up to “A GREAT NEW PET FOR RANGERS” only to find it is a green jellyfish….. Sea-turtle would be nice, the model is there, just needs skills and implementation. Pets are useful but lacking overall, they are just not exciting :/ I was excited to see the BW Spider making a reappearance at first only to find out it has the worst stats out of all the other pets in the game :/ Did not even match the stats of the Jungle Spider which has the exact same skills.

“Some of my best friends are heterosexual”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Seraki.2753

Seraki.2753

I think some copies of pets were spread around after launch making them more available. Perhaps that was not such a good idea.

in Suggestions

Posted by: knbBlackTemplar.3059

knbBlackTemplar.3059

Guys for get about rare pet. What we need is for our pet to evolve. Every mmo out always Neglect pet class, and only few have manage to pull such things of. Aion Spirit master class is one and warhammer white lion class. This only two pet classes that I have enjoyed because of the pet evolution. They grow in size, gain Extra skills. So why not have something Similar in here.

Catch ’em all, po-ke-mon

80’s: Sylvari Necromancer (Main). Human: Thief, Warrior (PvP Main), Engineer. Charr Guardian