Add temporary dungeons to Fractals

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mega Skeleton.8259

Mega Skeleton.8259

I really hope you guys at ANet already have plans to implement this.

I really do like the idea behind the temporary content in making it feel like the world is changing, but something feels seriously off about how a dungeon will only be open for 2 weeks. It makes so much sense to add the temporary dungeons that get removed into Fractals, perhaps modified if necessary. The more dungeons in Fractals the better and better fractals get. Wasting all the programming that has gone into those dungeons seems terribly inefficient, and it gives people a small taste of what it was like to be a part of some of the events.

It still maintains the specialness of being there when it actually happened because you lack the context given to the event, but still keeps the largest chunks of those content patches in the game in some capacity.

Here’s to hoping we see the
Mad King’s Realm
Tixx’s Infinirarium
Molten Facility
Canach’s Lair

among other new dungeons in fractals sooner than later. The more fractals the better. It seems like such an obvious thing to do, fractals is the perfect platform for these types of dungeons.

That said, probably tune the dungeons up a bit before re-releasing them, new bosses if necessary, making sure their difficulty and flow is in tune with other fractals.

[EG] is recruiting!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Minos.3450

Minos.3450

Agreed. Given they tune them a bit to put the length/difficulty in line with other fractals to avoid them from being systematically skipped (especially MF) or chosen (canach’s lair).

in Suggestions

Posted by: BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

Won’t happen. Temporary content sells Gems and games (since no monthly fee) which lets them buy more Gold Plated Yachts. I know it’s an opinion that will most likely be deleted, but it’s the truth.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Minos.3450

Minos.3450

That’s not true, the part of the temporary content that give them an income through gem selling are the temporary items (particularly the RNG ones) in the Gemstore.
It has nothing to do with the temporary content the OP was talking about which is mainly dungeons or instanced missions which have all been free so far.

in Suggestions

Mega Skeleton.8259

Yeah and clearly a lot of work has gone into some of them, it’s wasteful to just leave those dungeons gone forever, and players miss out.

[EG] is recruiting!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Phoenix.7845

Phoenix.7845

If Molten Facility would be added as a fractal then people would hate it more then the dredge one just because it’s too long.

in Suggestions

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Absolutely agree.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheMagickDoll.7594

TheMagickDoll.7594

Cool idea for a reuse of previous well made dungeons. I think F&F molten factory would be an excellent candidate it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Callise.4750

Callise.4750

No more temp content please

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

If Molten Facility would be added as a fractal then people would hate it more then the dredge one just because it’s too long.

They could condense it to make it short enough. Like that:
Short tunnel with no side rooms → Weapon Testing (but shorter) → one cold room → one corridor full of dredge, flame legion and prisoners → bosses.
Or maybe just they could fragment the dungeon in multiple fractals.
I don’t know, I am no fractal runner, I only went there a couple of times because my ranger needed a quiver. I just think that it is a shame that such a great dungeon was removed from the game.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

in Suggestions

Mega Skeleton.8259

Indeed. I just feel it seems like an efficient use of time.

[EG] is recruiting!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Agreed. Given they tune them a bit to put the length/difficulty in line with other fractals to avoid them from being systematically skipped (especially MF) or chosen (canach’s lair).

This plus the original idea by the op. i think fractals as a concept was an excellent idea and adding in modified or reduced versions of otherwise obsolete/temp content would keep fractals fresh

in Suggestions

Posted by: redgabber.5209

redgabber.5209

Excellent idea ! i agree