Add the ability to save Trait Layouts/Builds

in Suggestions

Posted by: Archernick.8260

Archernick.8260

It’s obvious that every profession can be played in a multitude of ways, whether it be weapons, runes, traits.

Something that I sorely miss from Guild Wars was the ability to save multiple skill builds for a variety of situations.

I think this could easily be implemented into Guild Wars 2, even go as far as to give you the option to switch armour quickly so your runes match up too.

I’m not asking for the power to switch between builds on the whim, but just to save the trait layouts from within the game. I would happily pay the silver to reset my traits, knowing I was a few clicks from being back into a familiar trait build.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Destai.9603

Destai.9603

I agree! For my guardian, I have a general purpose build and my dungeon build. It’d be great to be able to swap those out when I’m not in combat. I’m sure it will come eventually. It took some time in the first game, but it still happened.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Archernick.8260

Archernick.8260

I agree! For my guardian, I have a general purpose build and my dungeon build. It’d be great to be able to swap those out when I’m not in combat. I’m sure it will come eventually. It took some time in the first game, but it still happened.

I wouldn’t want to to be something you could do on a whim. More so just having the ability to save the layouts; still requiring you to go to a Trait Vendor and reset them for x silver.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arcanorum Ignis.9218

Arcanorum Ignis.9218

Sorry, but I have to bump this…

in Suggestions

Posted by: frostkisses.7839

frostkisses.7839

Amen to this. Idk if they ever would tho, because they would loose their gold sink with the trainers…..
I too play a guardian and I swap builds regularly.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vadagar.4217

Vadagar.4217

Just logged into the forums for the first time ever to make this exact thread.

Good gods! How does this feature not exist. So handy in Guild Wars 1. Now I have to save bookmarks to gw2db’s player built builds to keep a record of trait layouts (which is more awkward than it should be).

Let the builds be stored locally on your machine, but accessible through GW2 (like in GW1). It would allow for quick changes out-of-combat between builds that differed only in Major Traits. And it would still be handy to be able to insta-respec after buying the respec from your trainer, instead of having to alt-tab to your browser repeatedly (which if anything will encourage me to save my own builds and not just grab other player builds out of convenience when I’m in a hurry).

The thing that’s always made GW a great game is the ability to remain flexible and adapt to the current situation. A system that saves the players’ solutions (i.e. trait layout), to fulfill certain roles (i.e. Healer/DPS/Tank…etc.) or even to tackle certain instances (i.e. Dungeons, Low-level Fractals, High-level Fractals, WvW, PvP) would make the act of changing between these builds far less frustrating and time consuming.