Adventurers aren't prudes...let us show some skin!!!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sixxin.1962

Sixxin.1962

So I’ll preface this by saying I LOVE the skimpy armor skins that scholars get.

That said – the majority of the medium armor skins in the game are full on coats. There are some skimpyish options later in the game (T3 human racial is SICK, as is the armor skin in the thief trailer video) but nothing compared to what heavy and light get (light even at level 1).

Heavy and light seem to get tons of skimpy options while sub 80 adventurers are stuck looking like nuns on the run. Heavy armor even has a fishnet look for one of the leggings. I mean c’mon if they can get plate fishnet can’t we get some leather strappy goodness? (think 5th element but leather )

LOVE the game so far but would really like to see some more options for those trampy thief types out there!

Thanks Anet!

P.S. Should I be ashamed that the first suggestion post I’ve made in my 10+ years of MMO gaming is to ask for skimpier armor. My mamma would be proud!

in Suggestions

Sixxin.1962

P.P.S. I would gladly PAY for combat enabled skins in the Gem store that gave us some more options

in Suggestions

Posted by: mojowalker.3798

mojowalker.3798

I agree! Would be nice for a look aside from “insert random western here” for the Adventurer class … the T3 Human is verrrrry nice, as is the exotic Duelist, but other than that, there’s not much to choose from … and a few more skins in the Gem Store would surely earn some cash for anet. Some of the skins from GW1 could be updated for GW2, like the Ranger’s Elite Druid, the Rit’s Monument, or the Derv’s Vabbian just to name a few …

“If you can’t beat them, get a bigger stick.”
- Some random quote -
The Walkers and the Whispers, ANVIL ROCK

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nefaria.7659

Nefaria.7659

Heavy and light seem to get tons of skimpy options while sub 80 adventurers are stuck looking like nuns on the run.

Oh stop being over-dramatic. Wearing pants does not make you a nun.

For the sake of comparison, here are some images of the human female armors:
Light: http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/9586/lightarmorwithnamesfina.jpg
Medium: http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/4994/mediumarmorwithnamesfin.jpg
Credit to Imaginos on the GW2Guru forum for those.

I’m guessing you mean female, since the comments prior referring to sets in GW1, which are non-notable for the male characters since they look practically like every other male set.

Honestly, since I play sylvari – I just want more coats without sleeves so I can show off my glow more. Whether or not I show my naval doesn’t matter to me. I’d rather see interesting detailed armour design rather than base my appeal of the armour on how much skin is showing. But that’s my two cents.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jennaissance.2195

Jennaissance.2195

Most players have already criticized the lack of variety in medium armors. Everything is a trenchcoat or skirt-type.
Fortunately, leather armor also has the single skimpiest armor combo in the game available at 80……….

in Suggestions

Posted by: LadyHorus.8214

LadyHorus.8214

I dunno, as someone who plays a scholar Mesmer type, I quite envy the long coats the leather armor wearing classes get. I made an Engie just to get to try these armors lol. I don’t mind there’s a lack of skin showing in a lot of them, but that’s me. I like seeing the different armor designs. Some of them are quite redundant I’ll give you that, but I wouldn’t say they’re that bad. I especially liked the Whispers armor for medium wearers, that is super sexy!

Rosangela Marie: 80 Mesmer • Rosangela: 80 Elementalist
MAGUUMA
My Artworks! - Lady Horus Gaming

in Suggestions

Sixxin.1962

What exactly is the single skimpiest armor skin that med armor gets at 80? The only one I’ve seen that is even close is the T3 human….but it still doesn’t compare to some light/heavys.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Esha.1842

Esha.1842

I, for one, almost always run females toons. And when there is skimpy armor to be had… I go out of my way to make them look as provocative as possible. If I’m going to look at this character for 50-80 levels, plus end game hours, I want something exciting to look at. I’m just posting as another vote to continue with skimpy armor in the future. But there’s a difference between provocative/sexy vs. kittenty/trashy. I’m not going to say not to make the kittenty/trashy armor, as who am I to tell people how to play their game… I just ask for the subtle skin armor to be included as well.

in Suggestions

Sixxin.1962

Glad to see I’m not alone Does Anet actually read/respond to these?

in Suggestions

Posted by: arcqe.6734

arcqe.6734

this thread made me sad.

usually somewhere

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bogartan.2756

Bogartan.2756

I wouldn’t mind seeing a trampy thief once in a while lol.

Options are good. Reality is a drag.

Sorrow’s Furnace
{SN} Sentimental Nightmares
Darsveth, Warrior – Dexter Oliver, Thief

in Suggestions

Posted by: Turial.1293

Turial.1293

They respond to suggestions that add to the game…

If you want skimpier clothing there are games out there with higher ratings than what gw2 has and if that is not enough for your fantasies I am sure you are aware of adult sites out there. Skimpier clothing is not something that would add to the game nor would it look like it would provide any extra armor

“Some of my best friends are heterosexual”

in Suggestions

Posted by: kitsuneshoujo.5734

kitsuneshoujo.5734

I dont get my kicks out of nearly naked cartoon characters (lol)… that’s not to say however, that I want my character covered from head to toe. I like the way most of the armour looks in-game. Except for the amount of female bellies and chests showing…
“lets show off the two parts that should be protected the most!

I would however, love to have someway of removing the ridiculous bloomers from some of the skirts that light armour has… like make them a part of the boots, so I can wear some other boot skin. >.>

in Suggestions

Sixxin.1962

Like it or not is irrelevant really – wear what you like. I’ll I’m suggesting is to let medium armor types have some similar options to heavy and light – especially at low to mid levels.

in Suggestions

Posted by: LadyHorus.8214

LadyHorus.8214

Turial did have a point though. I never viewed GW1 (or 2) as a game that’d feature scantly clad females (we have TERA and games like it for that). While I do like the cute armors I could dress my castanic in in TERA, I also like the more conservative armors in GW2. They are sexy, showing some skin but not so much that nothing is left to the imagination. Just depends on what I feel like that day, I guess.

I’m sure someone out there will come up with skin mods for GW2 later in the game anyway lol. I remember finding a number of armor mods with texmod for GW1 (ANet even had support for it on their wiki if I remember correctly). Maybe they’ll do the same for GW2 at some point.

Rosangela Marie: 80 Mesmer • Rosangela: 80 Elementalist
MAGUUMA
My Artworks! - Lady Horus Gaming

in Suggestions

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

Well while we are having this discussion, remember that the Male characters need more skimpy armor too.
I assume most of you are guys who want your female characters to have skimpy options. That’s fine—but as a straight female who plays some male characters, I would like mine to show skin as well. http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Necromancer_Sunspear_armor_m.jpg

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Ritualist_Asuran_armor_m.jpg

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Necromancer_Elite_Scar_Pattern_armor_m.jpg

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaKnight.1340

NinjaKnight.1340

More variety as a whole is good. Considering there have been a purported 2 million+ copies sold that’s a lot of players and very few options for being unique. Unless you consider having a gazillion colors, most of which are crap unique.

One thing I find in this game is that the graphics of the weapons and gear underwhelming. This obviously gives them an opportunity to offer a variety of amazing skins in the Gem store. But if they are planning to do so they had better roll them out soon before everyone gets bored and leaves.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nkuvu.2570

Nkuvu.2570

My Norn engineer has the option of coats, coats, long coats, short coats, coats, a handful of short skirt type tops (the Marksman and Rawhide for example), coats, Duelist armor, or tier 3 cultural.

I’d love to have more options that aren’t (surprise!) coats. I want armor where her tattoos are visible, meaning exposed shoulders. There are a handful of those, but they also have long skirts that go with it.

I would definitely be in favor of more variety in medium armor. I’d like more revealing armor for classes that wear medium armor, if only to be in line with the light and heavy classes as well.

Edit: Forgot to mention Krytan. Both my ranger and engineer are currently wearing Krytan, and my thief is wearing Duelist. So for the moment I do have non-coat armor sets for my medium armor wearers, but I have almost no alternative armor sets… until I can afford the very expensive tier 3 cultural armor.

(edited by Moderator)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blacklight.2871

Blacklight.2871

Well while we are having this discussion, remember that the Male characters need more skimpy armor too.
I assume most of you are guys who want your female characters to have skimpy options. That’s fine—but as a straight female who plays some male characters, I would like mine to show skin as well. http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Necromancer_Sunspear_armor_m.jpg

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Ritualist_Asuran_armor_m.jpg

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Necromancer_Elite_Scar_Pattern_armor_m.jpg

I’d have no problem with more skimpy male armor. I’d never use it myself since I usually only run female toons, but I think that everyone should be able to put together the look that most pleases them, even the prudes. I’m just sad that so far, when it comes to medium armor, the prudes are the ones most being catered to. I’m sick to death of long coats.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Unpredictability.4086

Unpredictability.4086

I am in the opposite position – I want to see more coats on casters and more “normal clothing” looking things that medium armor usually gets. I hate the long skirts and overblown, huge things – more tailored stuff would be nice.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gallian.7630

Gallian.7630

More options is always better, just accommodation of more tastes.

With this said I really like the look of my Human female thief in medium armor. In most games we know what happens to female characters especially MMORPGs, they often end up barely dressed, this is nothing new. But I can understand why, so more options is never a bad thing. I for one don’t mind at all, I also made a male character which I rarely do in most of the games I play.

In fact even if he looks handsome I prefer to make sure that he is wearing something that fits not only his profession, his personality but also the environment. If I play in cold/snowy Norn territory I find it silly to run about in cloth “armor” with most of the character’s skin exposed, not to mention that suspension of disbelief tells me that wearing cloth won’t exactly do well to absorb the hit coming from any melee weapons…

But, yes, I know we all play (or role-play) differently so… sure more options would be good.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

+1
I’m missing skirts and shorts (for females). Generally a lighter, “summery” look.

in Suggestions

Sixxin.1962

I still would love a Leeloo out fit for my thief! Might be asking for a bit much there but just sayin….