All around improvements of GuildWars 2

in Suggestions

Posted by: iLLuminati.9437

iLLuminati.9437

1. Improved texture quality for most items, weapons, armor etc. !!!

(With some weapons you cant tell weather its Metal Wood or Leather, only by its coloring. Update color textures depending on type of material, Metal, Wood, Leather, Textile. Blades have no shine to them! What i see in “Preview” and what IS in the world are two different things! Introduce Chrome, ALLOW WEAPONS TO BE COLORED TOO!)

2. Weapon decay!

(A half done job, where Armor breaks due to damage but not the Weapons. People wont like it but its a complete feature! Why one but not the other ?! O.o
+ Armor upon breaking, should not be just 100% visually than gone from the Characters body! Should have 3 stages of visual damage before completely being worthless and in need for repairs! Should still be on Characters body but destroyed, split, stuff hanging, dis-formed. Same with Weapons)

3. Chat window for friend!

(Introduce chat windows for Friends, to not clutter up the screen of a player with 10 windows, it should be implemented to the existing Contacts Icon/tab (with notification) where double clicking on a friend will extend to the right where we can type text, list all open chats with players names below one another. Guild chat should list people disconnecting, leaving guild, joining guild for all, and it should not be linked to System message or anything else, just the the “/Guild” option!)

4. Summoning Items!

(An item to summon, by acceptance, a player to your current position should be introduced, weather found in drops, bought & sold on Market, or just Gem bought, but it should be available! Party Leaders, Guild Leaders should definitely have this option! Now this one is kind of a chain implement, having this, on side of having to pay to travel between WP’s and having to discover an area for yourself to travel there, several thing have to be changed, why i called it a chain implement, to avoid that many changes, If an area is not discovered, it cant summon players or it could but for a hafty price, fees should be payed by person accepting the summon, just as you would for WP travels!

5. Mini’s / Pet’s with more worth!

(A mini should have its own slot, should always follow you even when WP-ing
They should be fed to grow, and should definitely help in fights! 1 or 2 skills, even try to revive their master, buy them armor, give them names of OUR choosing! They are pretty much of no interest to anyone right now, you cant interact, they cant help you, you cant help them! They only clog up your screen!)

UPDATE:

6. Dungeon Blackboards

(Outside of every Dungeon should be a board where players interact and apply their names for that dungeon, where they see who applied and how many spots left in a party and join or leave! You should not have to Alt-TAB a game and go on a website to do this!)

7. Own player name option in settings!

(I for one would love to see my own name and guild i currently represent! It should be choose-able in settings! The Guild name should also have a choosable frame and an option to set it semi-transparent!)

(edited by iLLuminati.9437)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Derpula Stevens.8249

Derpula Stevens.8249

1. Improved texture quality for most items, weapons, armor etc. !!!

(With some weapons you cant tell weather its Metal Wood or Leather, only by its coloring. Update color textures depending on type of material, Metal, Wood, Leather, Textile. Blades have no shine to them! What i see in “Preview” and what IS in the world are two different things! Introduce Chrome, ALLOW WEAPONS TO BE COLORED TOO!)

2. Weapon decay!

(A half done job, where Armor breaks due to damage but not the Weapons. People wont like it but its a complete feature! Why one but not the other ?! O.o
+ Armor upon breaking, should not be just 100% visually than gone from the Characters body! Should have 3 stages of visual damage before completely being worthless and in need for repairs! Should still be on Characters body but destroyed, split, stuff hanging, dis-formed. Same with Weapons)

3. Chat window for friend!

(Introduce chat windows for Friends, to not clutter up the screen of a player with 10 windows, it should be implemented to the existing Contacts Icon/tab (with notification) where double clicking on a friend will extend to the right where we can type text, list all open chats with players names below one another. Guild chat should list people disconnecting, leaving guild, joining guild for all, and it should not be linked to System message or anything else, just the the “/Guild” option!)

4. Summoning Items!

(An item to summon, by acceptance, a player to your current position should be introduced, weather found in drops, bought & sold on Market, or just Gem bought, but it should be available! Party Leaders, Guild Leaders should definitely have this option! Now this one is kind of a chain implement, having this, on side of having to pay to travel between WP’s and having to discover an area for yourself to travel there, several thing have to be changed, why i called it a chain implement, to avoid that many changes, If an area is not discovered, it cant summon players or it could but for a hafty price, fees should be payed by person accepting the summon, just as you would for WP travels!

5. Mini’s / Pet’s with more worth!

(A mini should have its own slot, should always follow you even when WP-ing
They should be fed to grow, and should definitely help in fights! 1 or 2 skills, even try to revive their master, buy them armor, give them names of OUR choosing! They are pretty much of no interest to anyone right now, you cant interact, they cant help you, you cant help them! They only clog up your screen!)

*Before we start, if you want to see what I have to say, read my last paragraph. It gives my entire conclusion of this guys “Improvements”.

None of these reasons will improve Guild Wars 2. These are just petty (of little importance) suggestions that only a small amount of a group wants because they aren’t focusing on the real things that GW2 needs to improve on! (I.E., bugs and glitches, the Zhaitan fight, ETC.) These would only be “Improvements” after all the IMPORTANT stuff is fixed. I shall now reply to all of your ideas and show why they don’t focus on the actual stuff GW2 needs to improve.

1. Ok, how does this cause an IMPROVEMENT? Sure, texture’s getting improved, that would’ve been a great improvement. But you focused on WEAPON materials…? Really? They already have some of this actually IN The game. Maybe not at YOUR expectations, but they do. And coloring weapons? I hope you mean dyes, because that would be the only thing I PARTIALLY agree on.

2. The visual damage is of no importance, unless you are that picky about it. And the 3 stages of VISUAL damage would also mean they have to actually ADD 3 stages of damage (Unless they somehow found a way not to), which would mean less people would actually care about strategy. So this is not only not of importance, it could make the PvE and PvP in the entire game less about strategy.

3. We really don’t need this, period. If you want to chat with friends without “Cluttering” up their screen, get Skype, Team viewer, or another type of chatting system that you can text in, or talk to other players while they’re player without cluttering up their screen, and I don’t even know how the screen would get cluttered, unless they just have a lot of stuff to do (Guild Leader) or they just accidentally pressed some buttons and it cluttered up their screen. And linked to the “/Guild” Option. I am guessing you meant chat, for all you said was /guild which takes you to guild chat. Now THAT could clutter up a chat depending on the members. And it’s better to keep this in the history setting, except for the disconnecting players. So basically in conclusion to what I am saying is for this reason, *"We don’t need the chat window because we have Skype and stuff, and we should just keep Guilds with history the way they’re at right now.

Nachs: Norn. Asura. Charr. Human. Sylvari

#TeamEvonForever

in Suggestions

Derpula Stevens.8249

4. Ok: Weapon summons? If someone forgets a weapon, or doesn’t think they need it but they do, it is their own fault. And for gems? I think people would just travel to a WP than waste precious gems on this. And summoning players? It doesn’t cost that much to travel to a simple WP, biggest cost I got so far was 3 silver and 15 copper. If you can’t afford that, it is your fault for wasting money, or just doing stupid stuff and not gaining any money. And what if someone accidentally pressed yes, or was in the middle of a battle? They would be pretty mad. So… yeah. We don’t need this.

5. First off, either keep them in your backpack, or just put them in the bank. And why would they follow you when Waypointing? Are you really THAT lazy and can’t just press the backpack button and double press the icon to get it out? If they were fed to grow… it would just be like a ranger getting and actual juvenile of it. Same thing with helping in fights, rangers have that ability. Sure, other classes don’t, but they shouldn’t add one of the rangers MAIN skills and give it to all the classes. That would mean less people would be a ranger. Less rangers = Either nerfed classes, class being destroyed, or just a new class all together. 1 or 2 skills? No, don’t you DARE make A-Net waste their time making a TINY LITTLE skill for EVERY SINGLE pet, when they could do better things with the game. Reviving their master… wow…. This would just be depleting cooperation because people would then go on with their pets and do more solo stuff, besides dungeons and big events, because they’d realize that their PET could res them. Buy them armor? I’d (And other people, I don’t know if more or less) prefer to focus on my OWN armor than waste some in game currency on a pet just so that it can SURVIVE more when I should be focusing on MYSELF surviving.
Names, once again is a ranger skill. Like I said before, don’t put a skill the ranger already has and give it to other classes, it’ll make less rangers. And they ARE of interest to people. YOU just find them boring because you can’t have actual fun with them.
In conclusion of this idea: We don’t need it

Here’s some SUGGESTIONS (Not improvements) on what you can do to make a better reason for this forum:
1. If you’re going to make suggestions, don’t call it “IMPROVEMENTS”.
2. Don’t say “All Around” because not everyone (Like Me) agrees with you.
3. This might not seem of importance to you, but please don’t give SUGGESTIONS like these so you and your group can have a “better” game. It takes focus away from the things A-Net actually needs to focus on.

Guys, in conclusion, don’t waste you’re time reading these “Improvements” of his/hers. Read Kaboose’s thread called “Top 10 things Guild Wars 2 needs to improve”, or watch his video of it on youtube with his account “DodgeThisBam”. He gives much better ideas for what GW2 Needs to improve.

#TeamEvonForever

in Suggestions

Derpula Stevens.8249

It’s funny how no one has replied to me yet. Especially the person who MADE this.

#TeamEvonForever

in Suggestions

iLLuminati.9437

It’s funny how no one has replied to me yet. Especially the person who MADE this.

Idk, what your moaning about, as if it was your time being spent and hard work put in to make these IMPROVEMENTS happen!

Your second post was based on some major misunderstanding, so you might as well delete that! Idk where you got that “weapon Summon” idea from but it didn’t come from me buddy! Apparently you never had enough friends message you to have 10 chat windows open thus (cluttering up your screen) ?! And are you serious ? You just told me to use a third party software for something we have ingame but its not as good as it could be?! Youre clearly not interested in IMPROVEING the gamne, you just need kitten fixed!

As for answering you post ?! Were not here to discuss, were here to suggest, if you want a forum fight go on some other topic!

More important things to fix blah blah bullkitten! There will always be bugs, glitches, kitten kittenin up in MMO’s, period! I dont care about the friggin obvious issues i care about getting the most out the game! Visually, esthetically!

Now plz stop writing walls of text about your oppinion on SUGGESTED IMPROVEMENTS others post!

in Suggestions

Derpula Stevens.8249

Idk, what your moaning about, as if it was your time being spent and hard work put in to make these IMPROVEMENTS happen!

Your second post was based on some major misunderstanding, so you might as well delete that! Idk where you got that “weapon Summon” idea from but it didn’t come from me buddy! Apparently you never had enough friends message you to have 10 chat windows open thus (cluttering up your screen) ?! And are you serious ? You just told me to use a third party software for something we have ingame but its not as good as it could be?! Youre clearly not interested in IMPROVEING the gamne, you just need kitten fixed!

As for answering you post ?! Were not here to discuss, were here to suggest, if you want a forum fight go on some other topic!

More important things to fix blah blah bullkitten! There will always be bugs, glitches, kitten kittenin up in MMO’s, period! I dont care about the friggin obvious issues i care about getting the most out the game! Visually, esthetically!

Now plz stop writing walls of text about your oppinion on SUGGESTED IMPROVEMENTS others post!

Kitten = bundle of sticks…. are you referring that I am a pile of sticks?
And I AM allowed to post MY opinion. I will also be adding my opinion to 6 and 7 very soon. Kay? Kay.

#TeamEvonForever

in Suggestions

iLLuminati.9437

Kitten = bundle of sticks…. are you referring that I am a pile of sticks?
And I AM allowed to post MY opinion. I will also be adding my opinion to 6 and 7 very soon. Kay? Kay.

No, i wasn’t offending you, i wrote Shiet & Faqing… (Had to misspell in order to use)