Alliances/Mercs take a look and tell me what you think

in Suggestions

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

Alliances/Mercs
This would be a machanic in which one server would be able to contract another for a siege on a supply camp,tower, keep or garrison. For a large sum of gold one faction would be able to create a quest objective ring at a selected supply camp keep or garison. Ranging from 5g-25g and should the a faction siege and take said tower within lets say an hour then they would be awarded a large sum of gold lets say they split the other factions cost evenly. If they take the taget or not the distraction alone could be well worth it.

1. The rings would be seen only by the contracted faction
2. The high cost should limit use
3.It would have no nagative effect on the market since the payout would be equal or less than payed in.
4.It would make it a more stratigic game and seems like it could be done a little cost.

This could be used when a team has entered your land to force them to pull out or to distract a faction so you can hit them when they are not looking I think it would be a really fun thing to try out have fun Anet I hope we get to see it soon.

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gourry.3951

Gourry.3951

I like the idea! I actually posted a similar idea a few hours back.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/WvW-mercenaries-suggestion/first#post290509

But it seems like noone liked my idea. My idea was about cross server merc hiring though.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

Yea the idea I had was from another with a view close to ours all i did was simplify them. If you would like to read his thread check it out here https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Server-Peace-Treaty/first#post268588

I see good ideas all the time but allot of them are good ideas in theory only.

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol