Allow Players to Wear Armour of Lower Types

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eiken.6821

Eiken.6821

Ever since the beginning of the game, I have been searching for a certain style…I finally found it while previewing in the PVP locker….for Light Armour..I am a thief. I rather despise the gameplay of the LA classes so the idea came to mind that either:

1. Allow people to wear gear of lower types.

2. Allow us to use skins of PVE armor as costume wear

Either of those would solve my issue 100% and I am sure many others have had this going on as well. I love some of the LA masks and the Vigil LA shirt is what I’ve been searching for in style forever…but could never find for MA.

I am not saying to wear gear of lower types so warriors and guardians run around in LA, not at all, but for those who like to have cool things to wear when running around the city – I enjoy collecting clothes. If we could skin it to anything, I would pay extra for a transmute stone that allowed me to skin any clothing type to the one I use.

Or the ability to wear PVE armor as costume would be amazing as well for the same as above, but this is any PVE armor as costume, not locked to your current profession’s class of armour.

I hope others feel the way I do. I’d love to see this happen.

in Suggestions

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

Ahhh, I see what your saying. This might be a cool idea; so long as it is cosmetic and town only. Then I think its cool, allowing a heavy to have a wizard costume and whatnot.

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

in Suggestions

Posted by: ZenonSeth.5739

ZenonSeth.5739

Why only lower armor? With your proposal, a light armor user won’t be able to wear medium or heavy, and I feel that’s wrong.

An idea has been tossed around before to allow transmutation stones to transmute looks between armor types (not stats, mind you, just looks).

But I don’t think it will happen. The main reason is that all armor is designed to fit with each other. I’m not talking looks, I’m talking leaving out gaps on your character and clipping. So all heavy armor pieces are designed to ‘fit’ properly with all other heavy armor pieces, such that they don’t leave gaps.

My guess is that all armor types (heavy, medium, light) have their own internal fitting that won’t necessarily work with other types. So if a user equips, say, a Heavy Chest armor and Light Pants, there might be gaps between the two, making your character look like he’s been chopped in half.

Are ye laughin’ yet?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Primal Zed.9714

Primal Zed.9714

But I don’t think it will happen. The main reason is that all armor is designed to fit with each other. I’m not talking looks, I’m talking leaving out gaps on your character and clipping. So all heavy armor pieces are designed to ‘fit’ properly with all other heavy armor pieces, such that they don’t leave gaps.

My guess is that all armor types (heavy, medium, light) have their own internal fitting that won’t necessarily work with other types. So if a user equips, say, a Heavy Chest armor and Light Pants, there might be gaps between the two, making your character look like he’s been chopped in half.

The armor in this game does not “fit together” as you describe. Depending on the pieces, there can be both gaps and, quite frequently, clipping.