Allow Thieves To Use RIFLES

in Suggestions

Posted by: MatyrGustav.6210

MatyrGustav.6210

My biggest suggestion in the whole wide world would to allow thieves to use Rifles.

Currently i think thief has the least amount of weapons to choose from. I would see them using the rifle as a Sniper Rifle, with pin point accuracy shots like Leg shot, Head shot, etc.

I think thief needs more love in the ranged department, i usually play ranged thief and i dont really have a choice in weapons as much.

Allowing thieves to use rifle would be an awesome addition in my book. what do you guys think?

in Suggestions

Posted by: evolverzilla.2359

evolverzilla.2359

My biggest suggestion in the whole wide world would to allow thieves to use Rifles.

Currently i think thief has the least amount of weapons to choose from. …

What? Did you ever tried to play as engineer? Having only pistol, rifle and shield? And don´t come with all those bundles, the engi have to lose utility skills to have them, and the engi can´t change weapons on the fly they need to get out of combat to change.

And give a stealth class a head shot? Are you sure you are in the right game?
aren´t you wanting a FPS instead?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Thief is good as it is. Ranger needs rifle(or staff) more than thief does. What kind of dark-alley bruiser carries a full-length semi-automatic rifle? There’s no subtlety in that, it makes no sense.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

in Suggestions

MatyrGustav.6210

What? Did you ever tried to play as engineer? Having only pistol, rifle and shield? And don´t come with all those bundles, the engi have to lose utility skills to have them, and the engi can´t change weapons on the fly they need to get out of combat to change.

no lol

i play Engineer and thief. I think its balanced that engineer gets to use 1 weapon because of his tool belt, engineer is more of a scientist than a weapon fighter, he fights with his skills.

Im pretty sure it will be balance correctly, i just know all ranged thieves dont want to be stuck with dual pistols and a short bow, we need some variety.

in Suggestions

Shortbow is one of the best ranged weapons in the game when used correctly, hands-down. Dual pistols and pistol/dagger(or the other way around) are extremely useful combinations that can destroy people in 1v1. I don’t think you need a new toy just yet.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

If you allow us Warriors to use Pistols.

Pistol+Warhorn would be totally awesome.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Suggestions

MatyrGustav.6210

In my opinion warriors should be able to use all weapons, they are warriors.

Here is what the rifle thief would be like.

Stealthy Operatives

Attachments:

in Suggestions

MatyrGustav.6210

Thief is good as it is. Ranger needs rifle(or staff) more than thief does. What kind of dark-alley bruiser carries a full-length semi-automatic rifle? There’s no subtlety in that, it makes no sense.

Ranger is more about nature and being natural, i dont think a Rifle fits its theme?

in Suggestions

I said ‘or staff’. Staff is fine for ranger on all levels, but rifles don’t pollute the environment in any way, shape or form, and could be used as an alternative to our currently horrible longbow, which Anet refuses to fix.

You’re basically saying a sharpshooter that focuses on efficiency can only use one type of ranged weapon, even if the alternative is superior in many situations.

Thieves are stealthy thugs that focus on being hard to hit or bleeding their foes quickly. They’ve got no reason to use rifle as it is by no means a concealable weapon, a stealthy weapon or a weapon that would work at the range they prefer with the survivability they possess. You might as well give Necromancers rifles too.

Also, this thread has been made before two or three times.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Silver.8023

Silver.8023

To be fair, there’s nothing overly subtle about hulking great semi-automatic rifles.
From a gameplay side of things, long range stealth kills… yeah… I think people have enough trouble with Thieves as it is…

Silver Stormshield – Guardian
Kaimoon Blade – Warrior
Fort Aspenwood

in Suggestions

Posted by: smekras.8203

smekras.8203

ranger is about survival in the wild, which includes hunting. rifles would be perfectly in tune with that

that said, i’d rather if all professions can use all weapons, each with different skills

Server: Kaineng | Guild: Blackflame Legion [BFL]
Perhaps the only RP-oriented guild on the server
Main Character: Farathnor (sylvari ranger) 1 of 22

in Suggestions

MatyrGustav.6210

Pistols arent subtle at all, and they are huge hanging from your belt , 2 Big O Pistols making loud bang bangs lol.

There are thieves that dont even use stealth, they play them like warriors, so i think some thieves should be able to play like rangers.?

Rangers should be able to use staves. it matches their natural theme

(edited by MatyrGustav.6210)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Silver.8023

Silver.8023

Well, yes they are, sure pistols are loud when you shoot them but you can hide them rather easily. Granted, your character doesn’t actually need to hide them or anything but it stays with the Thief’s subtlety theme.

You have to remember, the Thief is more of a medium to close range fighter, hence all the stealth to make up for the lack of toughness. Rifle would, no doubt, be a long range weapon who’s only workable playstyle on a Thief would be that of a sneaky sniper. The problem with that is, Thieves would get hit so hard with the nerf bat after all the free, long range stealth kills they get. They’re already tricky enough, really.

Silver Stormshield – Guardian
Kaimoon Blade – Warrior
Fort Aspenwood

in Suggestions

MatyrGustav.6210

Well, yes they are, sure pistols are loud when you shoot them but you can hide them rather easily. Granted, your character doesn’t actually need to hide them or anything but it stays with the Thief’s subtlety theme.

You have to remember, the Thief is more of a medium to close range fighter, hence all the stealth to make up for the lack of toughness. Rifle would, no doubt, be a long range weapon who’s only workable playstyle on a Thief would be that of a sneaky sniper. The problem with that is, Thieves would get hit so hard with the nerf bat after all the free, long range stealth kills they get. They’re already tricky enough, really.

what if the rifle was used to give conditions? that would be balanced. you cant “really” kill from afar.

1 – Chest Shot – bleed/ 1% Vulnerable
2 – Leg Shot – Cripples
3 – head shot – Confusion/grants you stealth
4 – Ground shot – Ground Targeting poison/-33% Heal effectiveness
5 – Infiltrators Bullet – Fire an arrow and shadowstep to the target area, blinding nearby foes.

Shooting in stealth causes knock back.

So with this you cant really kill quick.

(edited by MatyrGustav.6210)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

You realize the engineer gets two powers per skill, right? They don’t lose a skill for having a kit, they just only get the one utility power, along with the other three plus the other skills in their skill bar.

Kits are absolutely weapons, and engineers can change out their weapons faster than any other class, and without a cooldown.

Theives don’t need rifles. Rangers need rifles.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

A thief can be more than that. Professions are not something fixed and limited.
A necromancer is mostly a condition dealer, but they also have weapons that deal no conditions at all, or that deal no damage over time with conditions.
A thief is not limitd to “back-alley bruiser”.
He can be a bandit, a grunt, an assassin or hitman, a trickster or conman, an acrobat, or even a spy.
“Thief” is just a name, because the profession must have one. Not somthing that limits what a thief can be.

A thief with dual torches would go well with the ‘acrobat’ and ‘trickster’ sides, juggling them and doing tricks with them, like smoke screens and bouncin torches on enemies.
A thief with a rifle would go well with the deathly arts and critical strickes sides, using them to to snipe targets for assassinations.

A rifle can be balanced so it isn’t too much in the hands of a thief.

The Scout skills from Snowball Mayhem are a really good start for thief rifle skills (although way too overpowered as they are):
- One simple attack.
- One evasive action.
- One low-accuracy ‘spray & pray’ attack.
- One sniping attack that sacrifices movement and time for a one-time massive damage.
- One support skill.
Take those, rework them so they don’t have as much damage nor give as much advantage, and so they can’t be too powerful with initiative.
For example, make the snipe attack consume all initiative (even if you increase it with traits) and also make it so it applies Revealed for 10 seconds (so you can’t fire a snipe shot and hide) so it’s a skill you use only after finding a good ‘sniping spot’, not something to use in close range.
Also, is should NOT have conditions. None at all.
Without conditions, it won’t be as good as the bow and pistols on “hit and hide” tactics, as you’ll have to keep damage outgoing, without conditions dealing damage while you run around or move away, making the thief’s rifle a weapon you use while the attention is not on you.
You’ll be sacrificing a few things to get the extra safety from longer ranges.

Against the biggest bosses that are more dangerous in close range and with massive attacks that you can’t avoid with cloaking, and in WvW sieges where you have no other weapons tha a single AoE in the short bow, thieves could REALLY use a rifle.

Properly done, it would only add to the game something it lacks, taking nothing.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

in Suggestions

MatyrGustav.6210

or Maybe CrossBows for thief

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kite.2510

Kite.2510

Rifles for Thieves
Rifles for Rangers
Maces for Engineers

Everybody wants something, but I can’t see anything like that implemented before an expansion…

…and don’t be toxic!

in Suggestions

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

No..no.. and even more no. Thieves, OY! always wanting more and more and more….

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.