Allow free teleportation to any "completed" city

in Suggestions

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

Currently there’s little incentive to complete the waypoints / POIs / etc., in cities (the reward is 1 copper).

In addition to that, most people wanting to travel to cities simply teleport to the mists, from there to Lion’s Arch, and from there to the desired city, thus avoiding any teleportation fees. This wastes players’ time and puts unnecessary load on Arena Net’s servers.

So why not combine the two problems into a solution?

Once a player has 100% of map markers on a city, he / she should be allowed to travel to that city for free at any moment.

- Al Zheimer

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hydrophidian.4319

Hydrophidian.4319

I like this idea. It would also mitigate the obstacle of waypoint fees (for certain level ranges) when you’re trying to get a party together. Teaming with friends who all have various objectives across the world can be a costly undertaking.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Azulia.1745

Azulia.1745

Like like Like Like.

Waypoint travel is breaking me as I travel all the time.
I have no option to invest in a mount to save $, so this option would be great.

~Azabella~DragonBrand- Ministry of the Crescent Moon-
http://crescentmoondragonbrand.guildlaunch.com

in Suggestions

Posted by: PeAcE.5281

PeAcE.5281

Dislike, travel shouldn’t be free. The whole point of the world is exploration and if you don’t want to walk to a destination, then you should pay a fee. Keep in mind this is also a method used by the dev’s to make sure that coin is being destroyed on a daily basis.

Once a player has 100% of map markers on a city, he / she should be allowed to travel to that city for free at any moment.

Players should not be allowed to port to any location if they are in combat for example. As for the incentive, it is free to travel in between way points within the city. That is incentive enough for most players (:

(edited by PeAcE.5281)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

A compromise perhaps?
Free travel to Lion’s Arch with a 1 hour CD. Possibility of a guild perk to reduce the CD.

Although others have pointed out you can travel to Lion’s Arch from the Mists but I haven’t tried that myself.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Silverwing.3416

Silverwing.3416

I think that we should just be able to travel to Lion’s Arch for free from anywhere, since we can already do that by using the portal from the mists any time we want to. It would save me time from having to go through an extra loading screen.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astran.4735

Astran.4735

I think they should REMOVE the free port to the mists

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sciros Darkblade.4028

Sciros Darkblade.4028

@Astran: Making PVP even less accessible… hmmm… and the waypoints are getting expensive by the way! I like the suggestion.

in Suggestions

Posted by: bobyd.4698

bobyd.4698

at least let us travel for a less amount of gold, so basically, yes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

In addition to that, most people wanting to travel to cities simply teleport to the mists, from there to Lion’s Arch, and from there to the desired city, thus avoiding any teleportation fees.

Omg that is such a good idea why did I never think of that. I’m going to start doing that now.

P.S. I agree with the suggestion.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

Dislike, travel shouldn’t be free.

You seem to be missing the point that it already is free. You just need to do three jumps instead of one.

Players should not be allowed to port to any location if they are in combat

Who said anything about teleporting while in combat? The game already prevents you from doing that.

it is free to travel in between way points within the city. That is incentive enough

Can you explain your use of the word “incentive” there? Incentive for what? That is something that every player can do without unlocking the POIs / vistas / etc., so how exactly is it an “incentive” for anything?

I’m talking about giving players a fitting reward for the exploration. Instead of 1 copper and some transmutation stones, give explorers a reward that actually makes it easier to travel.

- Al Zheimer

(edited by Account.9832)