Allow salvaging gem store skins

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nkuvu.2570

Nkuvu.2570

Something of an uncommon situation, so let me explain my recent issue.

I’ve been playing around with temporary characters. Making a character, playing for a while, then when I get tired of that character deleting and re-creating. For one of those characters, I used my Krytan armor that I purchased from the gem store.

Before deleting characters, I’m pretty good about clearing inventory. The character using the Krytan armor was no exception. I carefully checked inventory, and moved the Krytan pieces into my bank before deleting.

Unfortunately, I did not notice that one of the pieces was soulbound. I deleted the character, and… lost the armor. It was still in the bank, of course, but no other characters could withdraw it for transmutation. The only option was to destroy the armor to recover the inventory space.

My suggestion is to allow salvage of the gem store skins from a piece of armor — regardless of that armor being in the bank, or soulbound to another character. When salvaged, the consumable skin would be recovered 100% of the time even with the lowest level kit. It would come off the armor and be account bound just like it is when purchased, and the armor would then be salvaged like any other armor piece (based on the level of the kit used).

I paid real world money for this armor set, and lost it because I wasn’t careful enough. Which is my own fault, of course, but it would have been really nice to have some way to recover it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

I agree with this. Also lets make all gem store skins account bound.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nkuvu.2570

Nkuvu.2570

When initially purchased, the gem store skins are account bound. The consumable item can be freely moved between characters.

To be honest, I’d like a lot more flexibility for the gem store armor. In GW1, for instance, purchasing the armor skin was a one time deal for all characters, and it could be recreated whenever desired, so the issue I mention above would never be a problem.

My suggestion here is (I hope) simply a stop-gap measure. Hopefully something that is not too difficult to implement — I would guess that it’d be easier to implement than the complete revisions I’m thinking of.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Panda.1967

Panda.1967

They should just add an NPC at the Black Lion Trading Post who can “sell” all previously purchased cash shop skins back to the player for free.

Please stop assuming I’m a guy… I am female.