Allow us to recover Superior Runes please?

in Suggestions

Posted by: jkctmc.8754

jkctmc.8754

I ask this because I have a set of Runes I would love to recover, that I used on some gold gear, long before I knew you couldn’t. The gear has been sitting in my bank for months.

You can recover runes from other gear, let us also recover them from Karma/WvW gear.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece
80 Thief – 80 Warrior – 80 Guardian – 80 Ranger
80 Mesmer – 80 Necromancer

in Suggestions

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

I agree, somewhat. There is probably a reason (some anti-farm-o-bot-a-tron-mabobber reason) that karma gear isn’t salvageable, so if ANet sees the reason and I don’t, ok, I can accept that.

Depending on the runes, it might not be cost effective, but you can always use transmutation stones to put the rune on something else. Most of that stuff can be put into the mystic toilet as well, so you at least get one piece of trade-able exotic gear for every 4 you chuck in there.

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lifewaster.5912

Lifewaster.5912

As mentioned, you can use a transmutation stone to move the rune into a salvageable item, and then I believe you can salvage that item to get the rune out completely.

in Suggestions

Posted by: timgod.9456

timgod.9456

you still can’t salvage it. you have to transmute to a white item then transmute again to the stats you want

in Suggestions

Posted by: Exarthious.5792

Exarthious.5792

The last time I tried, I couldn’t transmute invader gear, at all.

Are you guys sure this is possible?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Terra Dactyl.2047

Terra Dactyl.2047

You could salvage the gear after transmuting if you picked the salvageable item’s stats before. Have they changed that?

And you’ve always been able to transmute invader gear, it’s one of the main reasons we don’t all look exactly the same in WvW. <_<

in Suggestions

Posted by: wish.3102

wish.3102

Ive transmuted invader gear just fine.

Jade Quarry. RNG/THF/GRD/WAR
SovietSpaceDogs[SSD]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

But is the price of the transmutation stone worth the salvaged rune?

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

If karma gear become salvagable, people can burn the banzillion of karma they have in rares/exotics and flood the market with ectos and T5/T6 raw materials. I’m sure that’s the main reason you can’t salvage karma gear… But you can transmute the item with the rune unto your new item in order to keep the rune. But like Wanze said: “Is the rune really worth it?”

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in Suggestions

Posted by: Oldgrimm.8521

Oldgrimm.8521

i really want an item in the gemshop that will allow my runes to be removed in an item,

since i really want to remove my runes of divinity in my t3 set so i can slot another rune in my t3 set

in Suggestions

Posted by: Danicco.3568

Danicco.3568

A better option would be to simply allow Salvaging of Karma/WvW gear with regular kits, but with the warning “This gear can’t be salvaged for materials, do you wish to continue?” only salvaging the Rune (with the proper %).

in Suggestions

Posted by: Terra Dactyl.2047

Terra Dactyl.2047

A better option would be to simply allow Salvaging of Karma/WvW gear with regular kits, but with the warning “This gear can’t be salvaged for materials, do you wish to continue?” only salvaging the Rune (with the proper %).

This would probably be ideal. You could get your upgrade components out of gear you outgrew (or changed your mind about) without people being able to abuse it to flood the markets with even more ectos than the meta events already flood the market with.