Alternative Options to obtain Legendaries

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheUndefined.1720

TheUndefined.1720

Hello,

So I wanted to toss a couple of suggestions in regards to the acquisition of legendary weapons. I’m not coming here to complain about how difficult it is to acquire these weapons, or attempt to make them easy to get. All I’m attempting to offer with these suggestions are alternate challenging ways to obtain these items, and giving players more options.

• Allow players to trade their hours played toward progression for a legendary. Possibly allowing players to substitute stages of the recipe with their game time instead. (Great way to keep your players playing!)
  • Allow players to trade achievement points for the legendary weapons, or substitute achievement points for stages of the recipe. (IMHO this is probably one of the best ways to go about this. Players will regularly log on to do their dailies for achievement points, and this will also motivate players to complete achievement bars. Though the points would need to be rebalanced to offer a more sustainable way to farm points.)

Although I’m sure there are quite a number of flaws with these suggestions, at the very least I hope this helps in widening options for these wonderful items to be obtained by everyone enjoying Guild Wars 2.

in Suggestions

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

yeah, get a legendary for being afk! genius!

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nar.8327

Nar.8327

I like the achievement point idea.

in Suggestions

TheUndefined.1720

If you’re not trying to solve the problem, then most likely you’re apart of it.

Like I stated in my post, there are flaws to these suggestions. This idea could be fixed with tweaks to the playtime such as a new system known as active game time (clocking how much time you spend in combat, mining, etc).

As I already stated, I’m not attempting to make these weapons easier to get. Really I’d like to see more options in obtaining these items.

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

I like the Achievement Points as a currency idea, but not the time played one (why go through the trouble of implementing a new recording system when you could just implement content?). Along with:

• Actual Achievements (need Weaponmaster, Dungeon Master ect)
  • Epic Quest-line[s] (rather than just buying the recipe for Gifts / chucking them in the MF, you have to hunt it down from a Master Giftsmith who has mastered the art of making the Gifts (different for each gift), and get him to forge them for you, for example.)
  • Treasure Hunts (A library has a book of Weapons of Legend, that gives you rough clues to work out how to get the different parts)
Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

in Suggestions

TheUndefined.1720

Thanks for the suggestions TheDaiBish!

Those sound like a lot of fun actually. Great ideas.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

So you’re saying people who spent hundreds and hundreds of gold(like me) can literally get it for free via achievements and afking? sorry, but he’s exactly right.

in Suggestions

TheUndefined.1720

So you’re saying people who spent hundreds and hundreds of gold(like me) can literally get it for free via achievements and afking? sorry, but he’s exactly right.

That’s exactly not what I’m saying.

I’m saying you can make different options that are just as difficult as obtaining in game currency.

in Suggestions

Posted by: RoShamBo.2618

RoShamBo.2618

@OP, going by your methodology all the gold farming ranger bots would soon be running around with legendary weapons!

I don’t mind the idea of alternative paths to an end goal but they have to be realistic and with a comparable degree of difficulty attached. Spending time in game and gaining achievement points is not quite cutting it I’m afraid.

Forever posting in legendary threads!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kuroin.1703

Kuroin.1703

Achievements or some way to obtain through wvw please. :x

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nox Aeterna.2965

Nox Aeterna.2965

Legendaries atm ask for things from PvE AND WvW , they are not meant to be easily obtained.

Both options said above will make players get legendaries for simple playing , there is no point in that , they are not meant to be had by all players to begin with.

Maybe if they asked for 20.000 achiv points or 10.000 hours played … and even then this might be too little.

Gear Grind: Confirmed – Searching New MMO: Found – Changing MMO: Waiting Launch

in Suggestions

BrunoBRS.5178

If you’re not trying to solve the problem, then most likely you’re apart of it.

i fail to see how i’m a part of the problem, seeing as i don’t have a legendary, nor am i aiming for one at the moment.

but obtaining a legendary means playing a lot of pretty much everything except sPvP. there’s no “legendary counter” bar that fills as you do stuff. you need karma, skill points, items and materials from different places, you mix them together, you get a legendary. how would you “progress” towards a legendary with achievement points?

in Suggestions

Posted by: RoShamBo.2618

RoShamBo.2618

how would you “progress” towards a legendary with achievement points?

That’s ‘TheUndefined’ component to this puzzle!

Forever posting in legendary threads!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kuroin.1703

Kuroin.1703

Legendaries atm ask for things from PvE AND WvW , they are not meant to be easily obtained.

Both options said above will make players get legendaries for simple playing , there is no point in that , they are not meant to be had by all players to begin with.

Maybe if they asked for 20.000 achiv points or 10.000 hours played … and even then this might be too little.

10 000 hours played?

416 days online without logging out? Cool story.

in Suggestions

BrunoBRS.5178

how would you “progress” towards a legendary with achievement points?

That’s ‘TheUndefined’ component to this puzzle!

i see what you did there lol