Alternative to race change.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Martin.6381

Martin.6381

How about a soulbind reversal stone or something else of that nature. Similar to the new Transmutation Splitter. I want to change my main to a Human, and don’t see why race change hasn’t been made available. This way I could keep my current main, buy a name change contract, make a human, and use the soulbind reversal stone to apply my legendary, ascended gear, and armor to the new toon without having to spend another months worth of time to get the same PvE gear again. Also being able to sell unwanted soulbound items would be nice, but simply making them account bound would work too. This would be one of the things I’d spend real life money on the be able to afford the gems for, and I’m sure others would too. It’s a win/win for everybody!

(edited by Martin.6381)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Davroar.8671

Davroar.8671

+1

I think this is a great idea.

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

There’s already a thread on this tired topic.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Davroar.8671

Davroar.8671

Can you send me the link?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vitus Dance.4509

Vitus Dance.4509

With forum search broken, google ‘gw2 forums race change’ – job done.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Teraphas.6210

Teraphas.6210

Anet response has been that it won’t happen anytime in the foreseeable future. Not that it could never happen but seeing kitten much is tied to your personal story etc they have no plans to allow race class or order changes

You can’t spell Slaughter without Laughter

in Suggestions

Posted by: Okuza.5210

Okuza.5210

He’s not asking for a race change, but for a gear-transfer method — specifically for gear within his account only, but potentially to other accounts. The later might be a bit much and would certainly impact the TP at least a little bit.

Considering how fast one can level a new character to 80, this is actually an exceptionally simple method by which AN could provide an effective race change method without actually implementing a true race change.

IMHO, why not simply get rid of soul-bound entirely and change all soul-bound items to account-bound? It’s the same player, what does it matter which character’s hands first touched the object?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

I like this, leveling to 80 isn’t MY personal problem, It’s the ascended, possible legendary that would be deleted with the character, that is my problem.