America and Euro

America and Euro

in Suggestions

Posted by: Saifon.9857

Saifon.9857

Hi

I’m in Europe.. but I like to play late.. am a night owl.. but cant find players for dungeons and the such..

Why have you closed off access to american servers and squads.. I have stopped playing guild wars at night because I can find squadrons.. there is plenty on american servers which I cant join

I have good enough broadband to connect to any server in the world with good ping.. so why not let players connect to american players and squads and vice versa

So why have you closed off americans and europeans playing together.. and please dont use ping.. I dont mind an extra 0.5 of a sec of ping

Saif

America and Euro

in Suggestions

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

There was a dev who stated why they couldn’t do it for technical reasons. Your best bet is to just transfer to North American servers, which is something you can do.

America and Euro

in Suggestions

Saifon.9857

wait.. you could play with americans in GW1.. thats a 10 year old game.. so technical issues… so are we not getting the same service as we did on GW1?.. have they downgraded some stuff?.. are we getting a lesser game?

America and Euro

in Suggestions

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

wait.. you could play with americans in GW1.. thats a 10 year old game.. so technical issues… so are we not getting the same service as we did on GW1?.. have they downgraded some stuff?.. are we getting a lesser game?

I think you’re rushing to a unsubstantiated conclusion, or more accurately I think you’re making leaps in your statements disguised as questions. But to be pedantic, no. GW2 is a new game, they didn’t take GW1 and build onto it to create GW2. So because the two games are separate things you cannot attribute a upgrade / downgrade relationships between then. Also what you define as “lesser” seems noticeably vague.

America and Euro

in Suggestions

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

You couldn’t play with 500 other players in GW1. There’s a lot more data that needs to get transferred between their data centers. The client and data files are substantially bigger. I don’t think we can compare the two games one feature at a time.

Even if we could, I am sure that the developers would sincerely prefer that EU & US players can adventure together and that, if it were feasible, it would be in the game or at least, they would announce an ETA for adding it in. I can’t imagine any reason why they would refuse to do this.

As Eisberg stated, if you want to play during US-peak hours, you can join a US world. If you want to play with US- and EU-based players (as I do), you have to consider buying a second account or living without it for a while. That is unfortunate, but I don’t see any other options for us in the near future.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

America and Euro

in Suggestions

Saifon.9857

dude.. its 2013.. I have 100mb fibre optic.. I think I can handle it

America and Euro

in Suggestions

Saifon.9857

besides.. its really bad for the game.. they losing players over this.. well.. they losing player game time.. I mean.. I stop playing cause I cant find a squad.. boring.. game is boring after like 1am.. soooo…

America and Euro

in Suggestions

Saifon.9857

look.. give me a BAD server.. I play guild wars.. give me NONE.. then well.. I wont play at all

America and Euro

in Suggestions

eisberg.2379

dude.. its 2013.. I have 100mb fibre optic.. I think I can handle it

That is 100% irrelevant to whether Arenanet could let people jump data servers in their Guesting system.

America and Euro

in Suggestions

eisberg.2379

besides.. its really bad for the game.. they losing players over this.. well.. they losing player game time.. I mean.. I stop playing cause I cant find a squad.. boring.. game is boring after like 1am.. soooo…

Well very recently, like a week a go or so, Arenanet has already stated

In game population wise, you’ll be excited to know login numbers and peak concurrency numbers have been slowly going up or staying consistent depending on the day going on 6 weeks in a row now. We’re very excited to see that =)

And considering that having NA and EU separated in MMOs is very common, I highly doubt they are losing much players for not having the ability to play in both regions.

America and Euro

in Suggestions

Saifon.9857

k.. MMO aside.. I just want a squad to do a dungeon

America and Euro

in Suggestions

Saifon.9857

so whats wrong with me squading up with an american team? to do CoF

America and Euro

in Suggestions

Saifon.9857

oh wait.. I have a whole 0.5 sec lag time.. means I’m a noob.. or wait.. I’m completely useless.. blah blah

America and Euro

in Suggestions

Saifon.9857

3am my time.. server is dead.. but I like to play at 3am.. sooooo… give me an option.. I have none.. I actually go and play GW1 at 3am.. lol. at least then I get to play

America and Euro

in Suggestions

eisberg.2379

so whats wrong with me squading up with an american team? to do CoF

Again, because there are technical reasons why they could not allow guesting between NA and EU, and it has nothing to do with your internet connection quality.

There is a huge difference between an MMO and a lobby game like Guild Wars 1, there are going to be technical differences when it comes to letting people move around on servers.

America and Euro

in Suggestions

eisberg.2379

oh wait.. I have a whole 0.5 sec lag time.. means I’m a noob.. or wait.. I’m completely useless.. blah blah

again completely irrelevant as to the reason why. It has nothing to do with lag time.