An alternative to legendaries

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aaron Cameron.4023

Aaron Cameron.4023

Give us an alternative to legendary items that have the same stat swap option that is going to be added to them as well as the ability to stay best in slot stat wise just make it so its extremely plain looking without the fancy effects, I for one don’t even care if you can’t add a new skin to it I’d just like an item that doesn’t require an insane amount of grind to get that I won’t have to replace every time a new tier of gear is added.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sophare.1785

Sophare.1785

if you could do that you would have to put no work in getting the BiS weapon, it would not be a legendary if you didn’t have to try hard for it, and the reason it is BiS is because of how hard it is to get!

in Suggestions

Posted by: IvoryOwl.3275

IvoryOwl.3275

Well, I had re-read that post 3 times to be able to understand it, lol!
So, better phrased, you want an alternative to the legendaries that remain powerful stat-wise but don’t require the same amount of grind to get them.

I don’t think that’s wise. What would be the point of getting Legendaries if they had an easier equivalent to obtain? Legendaries are exactly that, legendary. They are meant to be hard to get and its only fair that they get slightly better stats in comparison to the other weapons.

I would be happy if we had a middle ground between exotic and Legendary. Right now we have Ascended gear but so far its limited to trinkets and back items… I wish Anet would add weapons and armor of the same tier.

(edited by IvoryOwl.3275)

in Suggestions

Aaron Cameron.4023

Game was advertised as having no vertical progression why should my gear have to be a legendary grind to be best in slot stat wise all I’m saying is if they are going to add gear progression after previously stating there would be none give me an option to skip it that isn’t a huge time sink

and at present legendaries are the same stats as exotics they wont become more powerful till ascended gets added next week

in Suggestions

IvoryOwl.3275

Game was advertised as having no vertical progression why should my gear have to be a legendary grind to be best in slot stat wise all I’m saying is if they are going to add gear progression after previously stating there would be none give me an option to skip it that isn’t a huge time sink

and at present legendaries are the same stats as exotics they wont become more powerful till ascended gets added next week

You don’t need Legendaries to be the best player in the game, yet. The difference between an Exotic and Legendary stat-wise aren’t that significant to make any who wields it a power house. You can boast having Twilight but that won’t save you if you don’t know what you’re doing. Its a fact that the difference between a good level 80 player and a bad one are based on his / her gaming skills and the way they treat their fellow players.

In this sense, I disagree with you with the idea of “vertical progression”. However, I hope Anet has more tricks up their sleeves than better stat gear each time they add some new content. A player should be engaged by something they deem worth of their time, and remaining competitive gear-wise ins’t exactly what I consider a smart move. It might not be much now but what of it in the future? Bit by bit, if each new gear set keeps coming with increased stats, it will reach a point where players will NEED to get the latest armor.

Don’t fall into this trap Anet!
Invest in mini-games, jumping puzzles, better living stories, exploring new regions, special missions from the Orders we belong to and interacting with sub-races… as well as improving the current game. There’s plenty of room for maneuver that doesn’t imply a treadmill!

in Suggestions

Aaron Cameron.4023

You don’t need Legendaries to be the best player in the game, yet. The difference between an Exotic and Legendary stat-wise aren’t that significant to make any who wields it a power house. You can boast having Twilight but that won’t save you if you don’t know what you’re doing. Its a fact that the difference between a good level 80 player and a bad one are based on his / her gaming skills and the way they treat their fellow players.

In this sense, I disagree with you with the idea of “vertical progression”. However, I hope Anet has more tricks up their sleeves than better stat gear each time they add some new content. A player should be engaged by something they deem worth of their time, and remaining competitive gear-wise ins’t exactly what I consider a smart move. It might not be much now but what of it in the future? Bit by bit, if each new gear set keeps coming with increased stats, it will reach a point where players will NEED to get the latest armor.

Don’t fall into this trap Anet!
Invest in mini-games, jumping puzzles, better living stories, exploring new regions, special missions from the Orders we belong to and interacting with sub-races… as well as improving the current game. There’s plenty of room for maneuver that doesn’t imply a treadmill!

Ok we don’t know the exact stat increase ascended gear is going to have over exotics all we know is its going to be an increase and legendaries are going to be scaled to match it as the new best in slot, for now as the exact wording from anet when they announce that ascended weapons and armors were comming out this year there wouldn’t be any further tiers of gear this year, thats right they said this year so in all likely hood there will be further vertical progession.

Now based on the fact so many people went after legendaries when they had the same stats as exotics I’d have to guess most people wanted them for the look which is all they should really be in my opinion of course I’m against vertical gear progression since anet themselves proved it wasn’t needed in an rpg to keep players playing.

So I see no reason there shouldn’t be an alternative option for best in slot stats that don’t have to be replaced every time another tier of gear for people who don’t care about the fancy particle effects of legendary weapon.

In essence what I’m asking for hear is a way to opt out of vertical progression while still maintaining best in slot stats basically throw all the old gw1 players a bone.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kelnis.1829

Kelnis.1829

Option 1) Play nothing but sPvP.
Option 2) Play the game, use whatever gear you can. Enjoy not needing to be in BiS epic item level 600 purples to enjoy the game’s content. Skill and class mechanics are more important than a 5-7.5% increase in stats.

in Suggestions

Aaron Cameron.4023

Ok for all how have responded I guess my question is if the stat increase on these items isn’t at all important that what do you care if someone can get the stats without having to grind them out if the less expensive options doesn’t have all the flashy effects.

I mean realy if the stats are of no importance then what does anyone care if other have those stats.

in Suggestions

IvoryOwl.3275

Ok for all how have responded I guess my question is if the stat increase on these items isn’t at all important that what do you care if someone can get the stats without having to grind them out if the less expensive options doesn’t have all the flashy effects.

I mean realy if the stats are of no importance then what does anyone care if other have those stats.

And what reason would people have to grind for Legendaries and feel like they achieved something complicated and arduous if there’s an easier-to-get counter-part of those weapons? Its like “Yay, I spent 1 entire month to get my Twilight… all the resources, time and gold spent on this… and I finally have it!” vs “Congrats, I got an equivalent weapon that took me just a few days to get without extra trouble.”

See my point?

It wouldn’t be such a problem if the item in question wasn’t an hard-to-get piece of loot.

in Suggestions

Aaron Cameron.4023

And what reason would people have to grind for Legendaries and feel like they achieved something complicated and arduous if there’s an easier-to-get counter-part of those weapons?

The very thing they give right now the fancy skins and particle effects

in Suggestions

Posted by: Enewia.1356

Enewia.1356

So basically you are saying “I want a weapon that I can craft like an exotic but which stats will upgrade everytime there is a better tier”… Legendary is a grind so you don’t have to re-create a new weapon everytime. Just craft an ascended weapon I’m sure there won’t be new weapon tier anytime soon.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Enewia.1356

Enewia.1356

So basically you are saying “I want a weapon that I can craft like an exotic but which stats will upgrade everytime there is a better tier”… Legendary is a grind so you don’t have to re-create a new weapon everytime. Just craft an ascended weapon I’m sure there won’t be new weapon tier anytime soon.

in Suggestions

IvoryOwl.3275

And what reason would people have to grind for Legendaries and feel like they achieved something complicated and arduous if there’s an easier-to-get counter-part of those weapons?

The very thing they give right now the fancy skins and particle effects

Visual effects are half the reason why people get them, the other half its because its a medium-long term goal and a challenge to obtain.