An idea for the Thief's Steal skill.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rafahil.2857

Rafahil.2857

We all know that the Steal skill lacks in comparison to other classes’s F1 abilities. Sure you can build around Steal with traits, but then you work for your f1 skill while other classes have their f1 skill work for them instead.

The real problem imo is that the Steal skill has too long of a cooldown so I came up with a pretty good idea and want to hear your opinions about it.

How about after you use your Steal skill and used your stolen item you press and hold your f1 key and sacrifice initiative to gradually reduce your cooldown on Steal?

I’ll leave the initiative to cooldown-seconds ratio to the devs for something balanced.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

I’d rather Steal just be a deeper profession mechanic than a simple 45-sec skill and secondary skill on success, with gimmicky burst attached if desired. When I first heard about it, I expected F1 to steal and F2-4 to be “pockets” containing stolen skills, or something similiar. As it is now, it’s extremely one-dimensional. Elementalist, Engineer etc. all feel unique, but Steal feels like a tacked-on utility skill.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

(edited by Auesis.7301)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I’d rather Steal just be a deeper profession mechanic than a simple 45-sec skill and secondary skill on success, with gimmicky burst attached if desired. When I first heard about it, I expected F1 to steal and F2-4 to be “pockets” containing stolen skills, or something similiar. As it is now, it’s extremely one-dimensional. Elementalist, Engineer etc. all feel unique, but Steal feels like a tacked-on utility skill.

That’s actually a really cool idea. I like Steal the way it is, but being able to pick up a couple things would also be cool. At the very least having F1 be Steal and F2 be the power that was taken, such that if you steal again it overwrites whatever was stolen before.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Suggestions

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

That’s actually a really cool idea. I like Steal the way it is, but being able to pick up a couple things would also be cool. At the very least having F1 be Steal and F2 be the power that was taken, such that if you steal again it overwrites whatever was stolen before.

I do have more ideas in relation to Steal, so I’ll make my own thread about it (my last one vanished in to the nether months ago).

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Suggestions

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

If you Trait Steal to deal damage is one of the more overpowered abilities in the game, really.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?