An improvement to the badge of honor system.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Brewergamer.8357

Brewergamer.8357

My suggestion to improve the badge of honor system would instead be to give badges of honor for completing wvw events, depending on the difficulty of the event you would be given 1-3 badges of honor. For example: if you take a sentry, you get 1 badge of honor but if you take a keep you get 3. This would make sure that not everyone was going for the easy events. But what this does for the badge of honor system is adds consistency so anyone that plays wvw for a long period of time will be rewarded instead of anyone that is just luckier than someone else. Like I’ve been playing wvw alot since release and I have barely 100 badges of honor. Had this system been in place the entire time, I’d probably have full honor badge gear which I deserve considering the time I’ve spent in wvw. Another suggestion for this system would be to add a “badge sink” otherwise allowing people to use badges of honor to pay for upgrades instead of silver, this would balance everything out. I would appreciate your feedback and your support, thank you.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

It would be so incredibly easy to get badges that costs would have to be adjusted.

in Suggestions

Brewergamer.8357

It would be so incredibly easy to get badges that costs would have to be adjusted.

How is taking a keep for 3 badges incredibly easy? LOL like I said this would add consistency to the game instead of who is luckier than someone else.. let’s say it’s 3 badges to take a keep. and a piece of gear costs around 500 badges, you’d have to take approximately 166 keeps for 1 piece of gear. It’d still take ages but at least it would be consistent. And I suggest you read an entire post before commenting, I did say that there would be “badge sinks” in place like allowing people to use badges to pay for upgrades, etc. EDIT: It could also be taking 500 camps for 1 piece of gear, or 250 towers.. it would still take forever. It wouldn’t be “incredibly easy” it would just be more consistent.. like getting rewarded for my participation in wvw instead of being punished because I’m unlucky.

(edited by Brewergamer.8357)

in Suggestions

Brewergamer.8357

No feedback on this whatsoever?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Clockwork Cake.9138

Clockwork Cake.9138

I think it’s a good idea as it means those who are playing actual WvW are getting rewarded for it instead of having to rely on JP’s. They could even make it so that people only get the badges if they achieve a gold in an event, ensuring said person has contributed enough to the goal. I think it would also give people more of an incentive to play WvW battles instead of constantly farming JP’s, providing a bit of choice over how you feel like earning your badges at that time.

For people like myself who can’t play in massive battles due to a drastic reduction in frame-rate, the JP’s would still be there.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

I second something like this. As it stands I’ve spent a number of hours (practically nothing compared to most) and managed to accrue 9 badges from 28 kills but got nothing from the hours spent taking camps and even a keep (I wasn’t contributing much more than a bit of DPS, it was the group of guys I’d fallen in with). And yes, I mean nothing, my equipment repair costs easily exceeded what I made while there and a mediocre amount of karma, that has no value because we’re forbidden from monetizing it, also falls under “WvW isn’t worth my time”

Now, if there was a reliable, consistent way of getting badges without having to kill people I’d be far more interested (I dislike that when I kill someone it breaks their gear and costs them money, even though I recognize that WvW is meant to be a massive money sink I still hate that aspect of it. And the thought of having to keep doing something I hate to achieve 500 badges, which I extrapolate from 9 in 28 to be about 1550 kills, is extremely distasteful and not only sours the WvW experience, but renders even trying for a legendary basically impossible).

So yeah, even if it were 1 badge for taking a camp and maybe a 1 in 2 or 3 chance for stopping a dolyak and things like that it would be pretty awesome.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

in Suggestions

Brewergamer.8357

I second something like this. As it stands I’ve spent a number of hours (practically nothing compared to most) and managed to accrue 9 badges from 28 kills but got nothing from the hours spent taking camps and even a keep (I wasn’t contributing much more than a bit of DPS, it was the group of guys I’d fallen in with). And yes, I mean nothing, my equipment repair costs easily exceeded what I made while there and a mediocre amount of karma, that has no value because we’re forbidden from monetizing it, also falls under “WvW isn’t worth my time”

Now, if there was a reliable, consistent way of getting badges without having to kill people I’d be far more interested (I dislike that when I kill someone it breaks their gear and costs them money, even though I recognize that WvW is meant to be a massive money sink I still hate that aspect of it. And the thought of having to keep doing something I hate to achieve 500 badges, which I extrapolate from 9 in 28 to be about 1550 kills, is extremely distasteful and not only sours the WvW experience, but renders even trying for a legendary basically impossible).

So yeah, even if it were 1 badge for taking a camp and maybe a 1 in 2 or 3 chance for stopping a dolyak and things like that it would be pretty awesome.

This is exactly what I was thinking, instead of “luck” you have consistency for effort which is far better.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

I’d support some new method of obtaining Badges of Honor over the current. Drops from killing invaders are really low and the jumping puzzles are the only real reliable means to get them.

Well, other than zerging through a map with a bunch of other players hoping to run across some invaders to kill. No real fun in that either.

in Suggestions

Brewergamer.8357

I’d support some new method of obtaining Badges of Honor over the current. Drops from killing invaders are really low and the jumping puzzles are the only real reliable means to get them.

Well, other than zerging through a map with a bunch of other players hoping to run across some invaders to kill. No real fun in that either.

Even if you do run across 100 people to kill, chances are that you still won’t get a single badge drop.

in Suggestions

Brewergamer.8357

Exactly, people should be rewarded for effort in WvW. Not punished because they are unlucky.

in Suggestions

Brewergamer.8357

I think it’s a good idea as it means those who are playing actual WvW are getting rewarded for it instead of having to rely on JP’s. They could even make it so that people only get the badges if they achieve a gold in an event, ensuring said person has contributed enough to the goal. I think it would also give people more of an incentive to play WvW battles instead of constantly farming JP’s, providing a bit of choice over how you feel like earning your badges at that time.

For people like myself who can’t play in massive battles due to a drastic reduction in frame-rate, the JP’s would still be there.

Yea that would be a good idea as well I mean.. it’s not hard to get gold but that just ensures that someone isn’t just running by and hitting something once then leaving to get badges faster. Your input is appreciated.

in Suggestions

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

i might try harder in WvW if this happened, for sure. my first month of visiting the lands was for actively scrubbin’ for world completion. i followed zergs but ultimately did not partake too much in the zergVzerg system. now that i have my gifts to make, i need to revisit WvW sigh for badges of honor.

something that makes it at least interesting for me to stay and participate more would be appreciated, because i plan to scrub more frequently in the coming months, if the drop rate is so low.

in Suggestions

Brewergamer.8357

Hopefully they plan on changing the current badge system.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zorby.8236

Zorby.8236

I second this.
How you reward play is also how you tell your players how to play. Why would we want to defend/take stuff when we aren’t rewarded for it (only talking about badges atm)? Badges comes from killing players…so we should all just run around killing stuff? I thought that gameplay was intended for sPvP. WvW is upposed to be all about conquering (killing is just a mean to achieve the goal).

~This is the internet, my (or your) opinion doesn’t matter~

in Suggestions

Brewergamer.8357

I second this.
How you reward play is also how you tell your players how to play. Why would we want to defend/take stuff when we aren’t rewarded for it (only talking about badges atm)? Badges comes from killing players…so we should all just run around killing stuff? I thought that gameplay was intended for sPvP. WvW is upposed to be all about conquering (killing is just a mean to achieve the goal).

Indeed, I think the random drop badge system is broken. Getting badges for wvw events would of course add “consistency” like I said earlier.

in Suggestions

Brewergamer.8357

i might try harder in WvW if this happened, for sure. my first month of visiting the lands was for actively scrubbin’ for world completion. i followed zergs but ultimately did not partake too much in the zergVzerg system. now that i have my gifts to make, i need to revisit WvW sigh for badges of honor.

something that makes it at least interesting for me to stay and participate more would be appreciated, because i plan to scrub more frequently in the coming months, if the drop rate is so low.

Yea, with this kind of system WvW would be funner honestly.

EDIT: I wanted to comment: like I said earlier, it would reward you for effort and time instead of punishing you because you’re unlucky.

(edited by Brewergamer.8357)

in Suggestions

Brewergamer.8357

Yea honestly it’s kind of annoying that you have to rely on jumping puzzles (instead of actual participation and effort in wvw events) to get your wvw rewards.