Anet please fix guesting

Anet please fix guesting

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pmetheus.5397

Pmetheus.5397

So me and some guildies were doing some group events when we saw that Jormag was up. All excited for a chance at loot, we ported to Frostgorge… only to be put in an overflow server. We were baffled. Why were we in an overflow in Frostgorge Sound?? and then it hit us.

Guesting.

We were kicked out of our own server’s event because people from another server decided to camp our event. I’m sorry I don’t have a solution to this problem but please Anet, do something about this. This is an issue as I want to be able to enjoy the game on my server and not be locked out of events because someone else from another server decided to troll.

Alyssa Frost
Leader of Empërium [EMP]
Jade Quarry

Anet please fix guesting

in Suggestions

Posted by: BonanzaJellybean.1357

BonanzaJellybean.1357

Absolutely unacceptable.

Anet please fix guesting

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blackhat.4016

Blackhat.4016

Same happened to me yesterday. Suddenly in an overflow server… Usually the only area with an overflow server on my server is Lion’s Arch and that’s about it.

Anet please fix guesting

in Suggestions

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Definitely agree.

Those who are actually a part of that world, should not be kicked from their world just because someone is guesting on their world. It is your world, you shouldn’t be put into Overflow because people guesting are inhabiting your world.

That’s like kicking people out of Jamaica that live there, because they want to make room for tourists instead. It is just not right. You shouldn’t be booted from your home because of tourists visiting temporarily. People on that world should have priority over guests.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Anet please fix guesting

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

It is easy to blame guesting…. but in all reality, that is not the likely culprit.

With the new loot tables on world chests, there is an obvious increase in players completing these events.

Have you never gotten an overflow in LA?
Do you also blame this on people guesting from other servers to chill out in your LA home server?

If you have enough people just hanging out in LA to create an overflow, who is to say you wont have enough people doing all of your home server’s events as their respective timers pop?

Also,
There are so many world events going on on any server, that rarely will you have enough time to finish one before needing to map to another.

Swapping servers to do the same event over and over again would, at most allow you to do the event twice more (per toon), and it would just be easier to do all of your home server’s events.

Also, don’t you think that holds true for all servers? So if there was another event somewhere on another server, and what you say is true…. there were people from your server going to that event as well, essentially relieving population from your home world event.

(edited by TheBlackLeech.9360)

Anet please fix guesting

in Suggestions

Posted by: BonanzaJellybean.1357

BonanzaJellybean.1357

What you are saying makes sense BlackLeech, perhaps we are mistaken as to the cause of being shut out.
What remains is the fact that we are being shut out, which in my mind is still unacceptable.

Anet please fix guesting

in Suggestions

Posted by: beersapper.2135

beersapper.2135

Easy solution.
Make everyone guesting go into an overflow.

Though we had luck getting home server players into the frostgorge proper (where Jormag was) by having them join us in group and then in Frostgorge.

Anyway, it is unacceptable that guests are given priority over home server players.

Anet please fix guesting

in Suggestions

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Every zone was overflow back at launch :p Lots of people are leaving dungeons to actually take part in the world now :p

Remember that overflow is where a queue to log in would be in other games. Just be happy you can even play at all.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Anet please fix guesting

in Suggestions

Posted by: FateZero.8536

FateZero.8536

Better solution: guesting to require an invite by a friend since guesting was meant to “play with your friends” and not to “camp for events”.

Anet please fix guesting

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zahld.4956

Zahld.4956

Solution: Create a overflow server whenever a map is half full and put all guests into that overflow then and put every non-guests onto the regular map afterwards until it is full. Then everyone afterwards goes onto the overflow server. This way no one gets moved and interrupting in the middle of their playing…. Or option B: Just move all guests to an over-flow server but give them a minute or two warning before doing so. Option C: Do both of the above once the non-overflow server begins to fill-up.

(edited by Zahld.4956)